Moulin Rouge-the movie

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Moulin Rouge-the movie

Post by Krystina the Alien »

I love Moulin Rouge. We tried to watch it in Humanities once, and we got all the way to where Satine pretty much tries to rape Christian before I stopped it.

Even though we are like, 17-18 year olds, my class was full of immature people that couldn't get passed it.

So I skipped a few scenes, and then the bell rang, and I left it at home the next day.

And I love Come What May. If I hadn't already said that I would play Beauty and the Beast or So Close (from Enchanted) at my wedding, I'd play that.
Image <--click this
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

oooh moulin rougee!! i have the soundtrack. =] i love musicals, but this one is my favorite pretty much. 'come what may' is a beaaautiful song. i loveee ewan mcgregor and i think the chemistry between him and nicole kidman is great. it's an amazing love story.

i'm getting a quote from the movie tattooed on the back of my neck in a little bit. "the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

AH, I love Moulin Rogue!
And I can play it. We have the score in band. Its awesome.
I still think they should let Ewan sing in Star Wars...
lalaith913
Learning to Love Green

Post by lalaith913 »

I've been on a total crazy Moulin Rouge kick the past few weeks. Seriously. On the two hour bus ride to classes the one day, I just listened to Le Tango de Roxanne on loop. It was awesome!!! I don't know what song I like better from it, that or Come What May (as someone above me said.)

When I first saw it, I was quite a bit younger than I am now and I didn't get a lot of it, but now that I am older, I see the real beauty of it. The love story is fantastic and beautiful and heartbreaking.

On a side note, there are so many random people in this movie. For instance, the transvestite? Played by David Wenham who also played Faramir in Lord of the Rings. The Duke? Played by Richard Roxburgh who also played Dracula in Van Helsing. (VH Dracula= love!)

Spectacular/Spectacular is also really fun! "The courtesan and sitar-man are pulled apart by an evil plan, but in the end she hears his song, and their love is much too strong!... So exciting, audiences will stop and cheer! So delighting it will run for 50 years!" LOL!!!!!
Banner and avatars HERE. Just credit me! Takes requests or at least attempts them.
Alice House/Team Edward
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

lalaith913 wrote:I've been on a total crazy Moulin Rouge kick the past few weeks. Seriously. On the two hour bus ride to classes the one day, I just listened to Le Tango de Roxanne on loop. It was awesome!!! I don't know what song I like better from it, that or Come What May (as someone above me said.)

When I first saw it, I was quite a bit younger than I am now and I didn't get a lot of it, but now that I am older, I see the real beauty of it. The love story is fantastic and beautiful and heartbreaking.

On a side note, there are so many random people in this movie. For instance, the transvestite? Played by David Wenham who also played Faramir in Lord of the Rings. The Duke? Played by Richard Roxburgh who also played Dracula in Van Helsing. (VH Dracula= love!)

Spectacular/Spectacular is also really fun! "The courtesan and sitar-man are pulled apart by an evil plan, but in the end she hears his song, and their love is much too strong!... So exciting, audiences will stop and cheer! So delighting it will run for 50 years!" LOL!!!!!
and david wenham was ALSO in van helsing! =] but i never knew the dracula and the duke were the same person, that's so weirddd. :shock:

dang, i think i need to go watch this movie. of course i'm gunna end up crying on my bed in two hours. crying, and then some more crying. for some reason this is the worst movie for me if im sad, i end up sitting there thinking about how much they loved each other. and then i end up sobbing saying "he loved her! he loved her so much! whyy?!" i'm pitiful.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
lalaith913
Learning to Love Green

Post by lalaith913 »

^^ Oh gosh, you're right!!!! I didn't even consider that he played Carl! Thank you! That's amazing! :mrgreen:
Banner and avatars HERE. Just credit me! Takes requests or at least attempts them.
Alice House/Team Edward
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I loved it. I thought that it was sad..but beutifully too.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Moulin Rouge was this epic musical/movie, I loved it! I love the song I Will Love You, that Nicole and Ewan sing at the end. And the dress she wore was so beautiful. Nicole really looked great in this film. It was nice to see the actors singing, we never get to hear that! Both Nicole and Ewan have lovely singing voices. The ending still saddens me, it was just so tragic. :cry:
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

I loved this movie. I've seen it about six or seven times, easily. Sadly, I don't own it. But I thought it was a beautifully done. I love musicals, I'm really into theatre (although I don't act), going to the arts school that I do, so I think it was just natural for me to love this movie.
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
Vampire.Bunny
Lusting for Blood

Post by Vampire.Bunny »

one of my friends and i were listining to the soundtrack an her ipod and we were doing all the actions (air violins waving arms round ect. )
Another friend looked at us and was said moulin rouge AGAIN?
he he he moulin rouge is spectacular
ImageImage