Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
!!YaNNa!!
Settled in Forks

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by !!YaNNa!! »

yup! i'm proud to say that i have convinced my friends to read it and i think i started the twilight fever in my school because i spread the news about this awesome book. I also convince my mom to read & an aunt. i'll probably convince more people because i'll write a book review for it in our school newspaper since i am the managing editor. :D
Not Your Ordinary Obsessed Edward Cullen Fangirl, I'm Special *grin*
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I converted 2 friends! the other 2 refuse to read, but one of their brother's is a reluctant addict now. he is very embarrassed about it...
ColormeBSG
Edwhard
Settled in Forks

Post by Edwhard »

I started reading twilight in a time where no one had really heard of it yet (hard to imagine, i know..) My friends thought I was insane as I tried to explain how amazing it was! They just said the cover looked kinda emo... Gradually, twilight became AMAZING! and all my friends were asking to borrow my copy :D Now my old paperback is full of folds and basically falling apart, but I couldn't care less, it just shows how much joy people have gotten from it. It's sad because I almost didn't get it, I just picked it off the shelf at my school's book fair (basically your library becomes a bookstore for a week) because it was the largest book I could find. I don't think I have many friends now that haven't read it...
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i got my best friend to read it! i remember reading all of twilight one day while i was in iss (in school suspension) and my friend was with me. this was way before anyone even really knew about the book. i made her read it after that. she's just as crazy as i am now, and she got a team edward shirt before me. sooo jealous.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Aline Mason
Settled in Forks

Post by Aline Mason »

I got two of my fried to read it. One is a hopeless addict, and the other...lets not mention her...
I haven't gotten my mom to read it yet, and I'm trying to get my other sister to ;)
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I've converted a few people, and one of my converts registered with the Lex tonight! Woo hoo. She & I attended college together. We were both English majors and had a few classes together. She & I were chat buddies more than anything else. She's now a junior high english teacher, and I teach English at the college level. She gets to utilize Twilight in school, I don't. Lucky her.

A few years ago I nicknamed her "Wombat." I don't remember why. Anyhoodle - her Lex name is "thewombat."
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Artemis Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Artemis Cullen »

I got my Best Friend, (who happens to be a boy) to read the whole 'Twilight Saga' and he really did like it, I also got my little sister to read 'Twilight', but she hasn't finished it yet. And my cousin (another boy) read about 15 pages from the book. But he's really busy, so he hasn't read it in a while but he will soon. :)

About l year and half ago when I was in middle school, I was working in the book fair and saw 'Eclipse', the cover looked cool so I read the inside. I thought it was interesting but not that much so I put it back. The next year before the book fair came back again I started to research new books to read. I came across the title 'Twilight' and researched it, the series seemed very interesting so I went and bought 'Twilight' and 'Eclipse' (They had no more copies of 'New Moon') at the store in the last week of November, of last year. A week later the book fair started and had about 5 copies of 'New Moon' and the rest of the series. And the copies were sort of selling fast, I asked the teacher if I could set a copy aside for myself and she said I could, so I did. Anyway I'm sure that 3 girls(Including myself) started the whole 'Twilight Mania' at my school. In about 3 months, 2 out of every 10 girls had a copy of 'Twilight' or another book from the series that they were reading! I thought that was very cool and funny :lol: .

I also recommended it to 5 other friends of mine, (they were girls). They all liked it, but only one of them was obsessed with the series, and she wasn't even close to being as obsessed as me! :lol:
Mafia Name: Medea Ariadne Artemis DeMarchi Image

^^^Link to my FanFiction.net profile...
Avi is original DigitalArt called The Oracle by 'Blackeri
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

I think I've gotten at least ten people to read it, at least! I'm proud to say that I'm still recruiting, pretty soon the entire world will know of the awesomeness of Twilight!

Unfortunately not everyone is as obsessed as I am so I still get the occasional shake of the head whenever I start talking about Twilight, I will work on that though :D
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
Jacob's_Girl
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jacob's_Girl »

I got my best friend to read Twilight. That's all of my friends I could convince (some of my friends don't approve of "fantasy" or vampires) but she's as obsessed as I am. And she got her mom and several of her teachers to read it! (A major accomplishment since she goes to a private Christian school.) :D
Terry Pratchett... cuz i can't live on Twilight alone. J<3B *RDP*
My stalker thinks I'm awesome.
I am the NOSPACE, Queen of the Random since '91!
(\__/)This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!
(='.'=)
(")_(")
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

My aunt read Twilight and New Moon. My cousins got her to read it, not me. Haha. Doesn't matter, she still read them :).
I hope she starts reading Eclipse soon.

My best friend started reading Breaking Dawn last night! I'm so excited!!!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3