Slumdog Millionaire

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Re: Slumdog Millionaire

Post by Kizmet »

G-Faerie08 wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet..but I was really getting tired of hearing the name so many times when I was watching the Oscars. It was kind of like when a radio station plays the same song over and over again until you just don't like it anymore because it is SO played out.
I'm sorry but that's kind of ridiculous. It deserved those awards.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Kizmet wrote:
G-Faerie08 wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet..but I was really getting tired of hearing the name so many times when I was watching the Oscars. It was kind of like when a radio station plays the same song over and over again until you just don't like it anymore because it is SO played out.
I'm sorry but that's kind of ridiculous. It deserved those awards.

I don't think I said anything about the movie NOT deserving the awards, being that I have not yet seen the movie..I just simply stated that after a while, I got tired of hearing the name over and over again. It would be different if I said something like, "That movie looks incredibly stupid, why did it win all of those awards?" but I didn't because I can't say it is a stupid because I have not seen it.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I just came back from seeing it today and let me tell you it was amazing.

:lol: I loved how they even used the song "paperplanes".
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote: :lol: I loved how they even used the song "paperplanes".
i absolutely despise that song outside of the movie, but in context it is BRILLIANT.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Haha, same. I think its very overplayed but I could not have picked a better song for that scene.

I love the way they transitioned the ages.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

So it's really good? I want to see it :)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

sarah! wrote:So it's really good? I want to see it :)
"really good" is a gigantic understatement.

my theater has a deal where you can see it for $5 tomorrow or thursday so as long as i don't suddenly find myself with a huge load of homework i'm going to try to see it again...this will be the 5th time.

if you can't make it to the theater though it's coming out on dvd MARCH 31!!!!! :D
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

Kizmet wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote: :lol: I loved how they even used the song "paperplanes".
i absolutely despise that song outside of the movie, but in context it is BRILLIANT.
ALL of M.I.A's songs are political. A lot of her songs featured in the movie are perfect because the movie confronts issues that M.I.A. writes about in her songs. Of course, mainstream music ignores all of that.
"and the boy loved the tree"
InsomniacAli
Settled in Forks

Post by InsomniacAli »

Sorry I am late on this post but I totally agree with K. I have seen the movie so many times already. I can quote it. I love the way the host says Millionaire like "Millun-airrrr" lol. I love the movie...
alice19th
Settled in Forks

Post by alice19th »

Sorry i am late with this as well.

okay. i don't see what the hype is all about. yes it shows the slums of india. yes it is sad. But i found the movie a whole waste of time to watch.. it was good in the begining but it was really getting boring. plus A.R. Rahaman has so many better songs than jai ho. Trust me. You can't say its a full india movie for the director was English and they made it the way they wanted to. That is how they got nominated for the oscars. If you saw what a real indian movie looks like i will tell you it isn't much like this at all. and Some of those movies should be nominated. Not this at all. Sorry no offense to those who like it.

But i agree the little kids are adorable.
running about.. here, there, everywhere, in which i can see.