General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by navarre »

If you could give one character or one couple an alternate ending in BD, who would it be? What would it be? And most importantly - Why?
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

you could give one character or one couple an alternate ending in BD, who would it be? What would it be? And most importantly - Why?
I guess Irina because she died. No one that I really liked had a bad ending.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, I definitely didn't want Irina to die. She was hurt, confused... I felt that she needed a chance to see Renesmee for what she is. Her survival would have changed quite a bit of the story, though.

Also, Tanya is now the new Edward (that is, the unattached single member of a family of couples). I would have liked for her to meet someone, too.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

I would have liked to have seen a better ending for Leah. I feel for her, she can't have kids (or at least thinks it) the man she loves doesn't love her back, there don't seem to be many prospects. Grant it she is happier without Sam in her head.. but still. I would have liked to have seen her get a bit of hope.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

navarre wrote:If you could give one character or one couple an alternate ending in BD, who would it be? What would it be? And most importantly - Why?

Hmmm... Irina, I guess.

I hear what you're saying about Leah, tricia, but I love that her ending is so... open. I felt there was hope for her. Can you imagine living in your ex-bf's head, hearing his love for his new gf all over his thoughts? Ugh. Things can only get better from there!

Image Image Image
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

tricia, akire...Leah would be the one I want to know more about as well. Probably because of the fact that you mentioned...it's so open for her. I would like to know how she deals with hearing Sam's thoughts and such. Maybe seeing Leah in the future while she's out on her own in a new pack but flashing back to her past with Sam/Emily/the rest of the pack.

But I guess that wouldn't really be a new ending to her story...it could be a whole new story, which would be awesome!
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

navarre wrote:If you could give one character or one couple an alternate ending in BD, who would it be? What would it be? And most importantly - Why?
I was surprised to read about Irina, because I clapped my hand when she died. Carlisle's theory on the Denalis abiding to their law just wasn't convincing enough, and Irina brought death to herself, just like her lover Laurent did. So, she can stay dead...

As for Leah, I also liked her ending! I see it as multiple possibilities, and that is what Leah needs. Possibilities.

SO, I would give an alternative ending to Jacob and Nessie! I can't get over the feeling that SM just imprinted Jacob on Nessie to make up for him not getting Bella in the end. So, instead, SM gave him Bella's daughter as a compensation to all his suffering. I would definitely change it, and give Jacob a merrier ending. I also think that Nessie deserves a better ending than a last minute hook up with her mom's former almost-boyfriend.
We just see so many amazing couples (especially in the Cullen clan), so why couldn't Nessie live one just like Alice and Jasper's, or even like Bella and Edward's? She could definitely fall in love later in life with someone who would suit her better, than someone that loved her like a brother and suddenly develops it into passionate love when she hits puberty!
english rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by english rose »

nessie doesnt have to fall in love with jake the imprintee has a choice it just gives her a really good option if theres someone there to be everything she needs. if he had imptinted on bella she still wouldnt have picked him, maybe thats why he never did because she was not his true love like he thort. nessie may choose nahuel or meet someone completely different. i kind of liked the fact that everyone got a happy ending, i would of quite like tanya to meet someone shes the only denali alone now, but hey she mite like the single life.
"now you know, no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"i know of just one exception"
"liar"
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever

team edward all the way!
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Re: Fantasy fiction

Post by Adrienne »

I liked Jacob and Nessie together but only bc I had my own theory about it ;)
Adrienne wrote:If the shape-shifter gene is dormant until awakened by the presence of vampires, and Jacob has the strongest gene to pass it on (he never had a chance remember?), and the whole point of imprinting is to pass on the gene to make sure the tribe is always protected, then they're a perfect match. With the presence of vampires and shapeshifters in their children's blood, the genetic could never be dormant. Meaning that the children could also live forever if they chose too? What do you guys think?
The one that I would like to change would be Leah's ending. It was left so unfinished but I have hope that SM will one day continue more in the Twilight Universe to give us a more definite answer :)

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

chowzinha wrote: I was surprised to read about Irina, because I clapped my hand when she died. Carlisle's theory on the Denalis abiding to their law just wasn't convincing enough, and Irina brought death to herself, just like her lover Laurent did. So, she can stay dead...
I agree - to a point. But I have this thought. Irina sealed her fate the moment she chose to betray the Cullens and go to the Volturi. When the events of the "trial" were not going the way Caius had hoped, he turned to Irina for justification of this accusation and when Irina realized that she was wrong and apologized and told the Volturi and their witnesses they did not need to be there, Caius looked for his reason to ignite the war by killing her.
Yes, she brought her end on herself, but in reality she did not deserve death - exile maybe after an apology, but not death. Now, if she had continued to hold on to the accusation and thus lie, then maybe, but the Volturi committed a crime by violating their own sacrosanct law and tried to dredge up a false accusation themselves.

To me Irina did not display the true foundations of a friendship when she would not listen and fled after seeing Bella, Jacob & Renesmee in the field. She let her broken, bitter heart overrule any sound judgement that could have been made if only she would have listened.

Her sisters, on the other hand, along with Eleazer & Carmen were willing to listen after they arrived at the Cullens. Sad. Irina could have avoided all of this and instead gave the pretext of invasion to the Volturi thus in the end is to blame for this whole mess.

Alternate ending? I would have loved to see Jacob have more than just waiting for Ness to mature. I think it was ForJazz... who stated on another thread that she would have loved for Jacob to meet a strong woman who would fit him nicely (paraphrasing) - I agree. I also would love for Renesmee to meet the perfect vampire who would be everything she would need and want and vise versa.

Leah needs to get her act together before she can open her heart again - I would love for that to happen to her.

Anyway, that's me. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict