Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 10 ~ Scent

Post by Alphie »

Thanks to AmberEyes for the questions!

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Scent

Post by deven »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?
i doubt jacob has any problem saying werewolf. i always thought his hesitation was because he wasnt allowed to talk about the numbers. the idea of it being the term werewolf never crossed my minduntil now. but i still think he isnt allowed to.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?
i think it was really big of Edward and i am glad for it because i wouldnt want it to push them apart but then i also wish he till didnt like it because then maybe Bella wouldnt hang out with Jake as much...i wasnt a big Jake fan in Eclipse.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?
i am not totally sure but i think it was that Edward wasnt sure he was right in letting her hang out with Jake. but idk

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?
i thought it was kind of funny. i mean they will do any thing to show their claim of Bella.
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. He probably just doesn't want to tell how much werewolves there are. Then the cullen's, or anyone, may be a little threatened or something.

2. I thought it was different than his original thoughts on the subject, really different, but I guess he should probably accept the fact that Bella and Jacob are still friends.

3. Maybe worry?

4. I just thought it was weird, as if they were both "marking their territory", or something along those lines. They both like her.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I didn't see anything of note in this comment, actually.

I was glad that he decided to acquiesce so that it didn't keep coming between them and so she could stop sneaking around. I think it showed who the "bigger man" was.

Worry and resignation.

I thought that was hilarious, though it would have hurt my feelings if my closest friends kept telling me I stank. LOL.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

I don't necessarily think it has anything to do with either. If Jacob was ordered not to disclose how many werewolves there were, he wouldn't be able to tell Bella that there were 6 of them. It could be that he doesn't want to call himself a werewolf...I don't know..

One small leap for Bella, one giant leap for Edward!

I do think that it was panic. I don't think that Edward is entirely certain of his future with Bella at this point. He knows that she loves him but she still hasn't given an answer to his marriage proposal. I think that he is afraid that Bella will choose Jacob.

Ha! They're both fighting for Bella, plus it's a guy thing! Markin' their territory! :D
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I personally, though that that was kind of....Immature.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

I am not sure on this one, he hasn't been afraid of using werewolf at all - and really the number as well - Bella new there were 5 and then add quil....not that hard to add it up! so not sure about this, still.

I think it is what needed to be, she is her own person and she knows Jacob wouldn't hurt her - i would have been disappointed if he contined to find ways to just keep her from him!

Im sure sadness, it is hard for Edward to do this!! maybe some worry, he wants to protect her at all times no matter the cost and in La Push he can't. im sure it is a little of both and then some

one word...MEN!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

"I think Jacob is just trying to say things the right way, so it dosen't sound stupid, scary, mean... he's trying."

I found that it was very mayure and good for him to trust Bella. I think it will just make her love him more.

that would require me to go get the book.... maybe I'll come back later when I get the book (I'm having the second reading in Audio form and all my replies are memories of the first feeling I had the first time I read the books last months and now listening to the book ;)

Becasue Boys will Be Boys and Animals will be Animals... LOL
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I think it had something to do with the numbers. He didn't want to lie to her but he was obligated to do so.

I say good for him, finally someone mature enough to grow up. :roll:

Fear?

I think it is extremely childish, but hilarious.
Knowla
Settled in Forks

Post by Knowla »

1. I don’t know I haven't read past this chapter yet. Maybe he wasn’t sure about one or more of the werewolves. Maybe he felt bad that he had to add Quil to the count. Maybe he was going to say, he wouldn’t let anything happen to her and decided to add the rest. Maybe he was reflecting how frustrating it is to have to share his thoughts with all six of them instead of just speaking for himself. Maybe there is something else. Hmmm… I like the word maybe a lot.
2. I don’t believe he should be so judgmental about Jacob, but I can see why he is so worried about her she is a danger magnet and shes in less danger when shes with Edward. Honestly I don’t believe it, it seems he gave it up too easy.
3. I couldn’t figure that one out.
4. I thought this was kind of adorable.