General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SM Wears EC PJs
Settled in Forks

Re: The Science of Twilight

Post by SM Wears EC PJs »

Edward didnt bite through her stomach. They used a scalpel he just bit through the placenta (which was as tough as vampire skin).

Sm answers the ones about sperm on her site
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

shape-shifter wrote:I also have other questions:

I know Nessie's skin isn't hard and sparkly like vampire skin, so is it weak and delicate like human skin?

If Nessie had a baby with a normal human male(not a werewolf) would her baby be completely human(Assuming she can get pregnant)

If Nessie was impregnated by a whole vampire, what would the baby be like?
If she was impregnated by another hybrid, what would the baby be like?
If she was impregnated by a werewolf, what would the baby be like?
If a hybrid male impregnated a human female, what would the baby be like?

and in all the above cases, what would the pregnancy even be like? how long would it be?
If you look at the charts I posted your questions will be answered (except for the werewolf instance) I am not sure if you took Bio but if you did you will understand it.

CHARTS
http://i38.tinypic.com/2645hl5.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/xdd0mh.jpg
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

edward x lover wrote:
shape-shifter wrote:I also have other questions:

I know Nessie's skin isn't hard and sparkly like vampire skin, so is it weak and delicate like human skin?

If Nessie had a baby with a normal human male(not a werewolf) would her baby be completely human(Assuming she can get pregnant)

If Nessie was impregnated by a whole vampire, what would the baby be like?
If she was impregnated by another hybrid, what would the baby be like?
If she was impregnated by a werewolf, what would the baby be like?
If a hybrid male impregnated a human female, what would the baby be like?

and in all the above cases, what would the pregnancy even be like? how long would it be?
If you look at the charts I posted your questions will be answered (except for the werewolf instance) I am not sure if you took Bio but if you did you will understand it.

CHARTS
http://i38.tinypic.com/2645hl5.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/xdd0mh.jpg
I am taking Bio and am I supposed to add the letters?
shape-shifter
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shape-shifter »

Here's what I've inferred(assuming hybrid females can become fertile)

vampire male+vampire female=no baby
human male+vampire female=no baby
vampire male+human female=hybrid(males venomous, females non-venomous)
hybid male+hybrid female=mixed baby(I don't know how long or painful the pregnancy would be)
hybid male+human female=mixed baby(Since males seem to be the venomous ones, this might be another 3 week pregnancy that results in a mixed baby and a dead mother, because a hybid male could have the venom-semen)

hybrid female+human male=Completely Human(or not????) - this one is difficult to figure out but i know it would be a regular 9 month pregnancy cause the male is human, so regular semen

Hybrid male+vampire female=no baby
Hybrid female+vampire male=mixed baby(I don't know whether they would be more vampire though)-this could be a painful 3 week pregnancy, but it may not be so painful for the hybrid female cause i don;t know if their wombs are constrcted differently than human females

on all the "mixed babies" i have absolutely no idea if they'd be more vampire or more human

some please help me and tell me if i'm wrong lol
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

ok since apparently I'm way too confusing (this is why I am not going to be a teacher lol) I will explain the outcome

Hybrid + Hyrid = 50% chance of another hybrid 25% chance of a whole human 25% chance of a whole vampire
Whole vampire + Hybrid = 50% chance of whole vampire 50% chance of hybrid
Hybrid + human = 50% chance of hybrid 50% whole human

I have no idea what a werewolf plus a hybrid would make so dont ask me =]

^^all this is based on a certain way genes work and please please please dont ask me to explain it you will die of confusion and I am an awful teacher. (ask your science teacher =])
~Lee~
RDC<3
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

I'm just throwing that in, my biology classes were long ago (5 years?), but don't we need to know whether the vampire-genes are recessive or dominant?
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

edward x lover wrote:Hybrid + Hyrid = 50% chance of another hybrid 25% chance of a whole human 25% chance of a whole vampire
Whole vampire + Hybrid = 50% chance of whole vampire 50% chance of hybrid
Hybrid + human = 50% chance of hybrid 50% whole human

I have no idea what a werewolf plus a hybrid would make so dont ask me =]
Werewolves are considered Hybrids no ?
Then this would logically fall under the Hybrid + Hybrid equation you listed I would think.

P.S. Jacob's a shapeshifter... not a werewolf... still a hybrid mind you....:-)
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

waiting for a meteor wrote:I'm just throwing that in, my biology classes were long ago (5 years?), but don't we need to know whether the vampire-genes are recessive or dominant?
Yes you are right I just assumed they were both equal =] because we have no idea what the specifics are :mrgreen:
~Lee~
RDC<3
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

And Persephonie I was thinking just hybrid vamps because we dont exactly know the genetics of the shapeshifters

(sorry of double posting it wouldnt let me edit)
~Lee~
RDC<3
Auctorita
Learning to Love Green

Post by Auctorita »

SM Wears EC PJs wrote:Edward didnt bite through her stomach. They used a scalpel he just bit through the placenta (which was as tough as vampire skin).

Sm answers the ones about sperm on her site
Ah my mistake.

I had previously read her FAQ for BD and found some parts of it to be a bit vague. She states that the venom replaces fluids with a venom based version (that carries genetic information in the case of seminal fluid), but she makes no mention of whether the sperm itself are replaced or remain. However, she also said that she specifically stated that most fluids are replaced by venom when asked about how it was possible, implying that the venom did not replace the sperm/fluid. So, which is it?

Also, she notes that vampires do share some human functions like crying because they are not necessary and yet they are able to reproduce. How is it necessary? They don't need to reproduce in order to create vampires since they just have to get their venom into the bloodstream of a human and actually reproducing with a human is extremely ineffective and rare anyways.
Who Watches the Watchmen?
www.deus-ex-machina.co.cc