Twilight Saga Q&A #3

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby Lucyth » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:21 am

I was thinking about how vampire venom is supposed to heal all injuries, well, if somebody was in a car accident before they got changed, and their leg had to of been amputated, do you think it would grow back when they became a vampire? It healed all of Bella's injuries, but she just had broken bones, no missing limbs.
Image
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010378/1/
Please read my Fanfic.
x..Toura
Lucyth
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 am
Location: UK, Wales

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby english rose » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:26 am

its an intersting point but i dont think it would grow back limbs, sm said you are frozen as you are so although it would prob fix internal injuries i dont think it would stretch that far. however i think if you were blind or death or paralysed but with your two legs in tack then you would be cured
"now you know, no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"i know of just one exception"
"liar"
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever

team edward all the way!
english rose
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby navarre » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:56 am

Lucyth wrote:I was thinking about how vampire venom is supposed to heal all injuries, well, if somebody was in a car accident before they got changed, and their leg had to of been amputated, do you think it would grow back when they became a vampire? It healed all of Bella's injuries, but she just had broken bones, no missing limbs.


Transformation will not bring back amputated limbs, but will heal paralysis, blindness, and also in Alice's case - mental infirmeries. SM state if your hair is short in human existence, it will stay that way always.
Frozen forever.

On another note, I just got back from the Borders online and now the Twilght Saga: The Original Guide has been moved - AGAIN - to January 1, 2010. WTH??!!! :evil:

My imagination wants to go down the path that maybe SM might announce something big in this edition.
Maybe that's why this book keeps getting pushed back again and again. In my dreams, I know.
Man, I can only hope for something as wonderful as that.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
User avatar
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk
 
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Swimming in a sea of books, books and more books

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby english rose » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:36 am

i dont believe borders or the other book sites, sm hasnt put any dates on her website so i think borders is just guessing and maybe put it so far in advance to keep us off there backs. im with you naverre i hope sm is putting it on hold for summet special, in my wildest dreams i hope she wants to release midnight sun first do she can include it in the guide, maybe wishful thinking eh x
"now you know, no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"i know of just one exception"
"liar"
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever

team edward all the way!
english rose
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby ringswraith » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:01 pm

navarre wrote:
Lucyth wrote:I was thinking about how vampire venom is supposed to heal all injuries, well, if somebody was in a car accident before they got changed, and their leg had to of been amputated, do you think it would grow back when they became a vampire? It healed all of Bella's injuries, but she just had broken bones, no missing limbs.


Transformation will not bring back amputated limbs, but will heal paralysis, blindness, and also in Alice's case - mental infirmeries. SM state if your hair is short in human existence, it will stay that way always.
Frozen forever.


Alice was never mentally unsound- they just thought she was due to her visions. Her family didn't know what to do with her, so they had her committed.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby chowzinha » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:05 pm

navarre wrote:
Transformation will not bring back amputated limbs, but will heal paralysis, blindness, and also in Alice's case - mental infirmeries. SM state if your hair is short in human existence, it will stay that way always.
Frozen forever.



where did you get this idea from? :shock:
Image
User avatar
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:44 pm
Location: Bahia, Brasil xD

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby ringswraith » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:09 pm

chowzinha wrote:
navarre wrote:
Transformation will not bring back amputated limbs, but will heal paralysis, blindness, and also in Alice's case - mental infirmeries. SM state if your hair is short in human existence, it will stay that way always.
Frozen forever.



where did you get this idea from? :shock:


Hmm. Now that chowzinha mentions it, I wonder that, too.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby who_needs_fangs? » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Well, we know for sure that it heals paralysis because of Bella, and I think that the venom fixes chemical imbalances, which cause the mental problems. Most cases of blindness are caused by cataracts, river blindness (the formal name of which I have forgotten), and trachoma. I think that the venom would probably heal lens opacity, and river blindness and trachoma are caused by an infection. If the venom worked against Edward's flu, it should work against the infections that cause blindness. As navarre said, when something is missing from your body, be it a limb or your hair, it's missing forever. Venom works if the limb is there, the body parts can be dead, as long as they're there.
Image
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
User avatar
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif
 
Posts: 9459
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:17 am
Location: Somewhere or other.

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby english rose » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:17 pm

i agree who-needs-fangs i think the venom can fix anything internal but cannot make things that are not there. like you said you are frize in the state you are at the change. SM said thats why alices hair is so short because it hadnt grown back fully from when she was shaved in the asylam, also sm said that if you were unfortunate enuf to be changed while pregant you would stay that way forever! can you imagine!
"now you know, no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"i know of just one exception"
"liar"
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever

team edward all the way!
english rose
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Postby akire » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:59 pm

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Well, we know for sure that it heals paralysis because of Bella, and I think that the venom fixes chemical imbalances, which cause the mental problems. Most cases of blindness are caused by cataracts, river blindness (the formal name of which I have forgotten), and trachoma. I think that the venom would probably heal lens opacity, and river blindness and trachoma are caused by an infection. If the venom worked against Edward's flu, it should work against the infections that cause blindness. As navarre said, when something is missing from your body, be it a limb or your hair, it's missing forever. Venom works if the limb is there, the body parts can be dead, as long as they're there.


Right... because Bella's spine was severed, am I remembering that correctly?

And, really, how often does one get to use the word "trachoma" and phrase "lens opacity" when discussing Twilight?
Image

Image Image Image
User avatar
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Colorado

PreviousNext

Return to Quench Your Thirst

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron