General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lucyth
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by Lucyth »

I was thinking about how vampire venom is supposed to heal all injuries, well, if somebody was in a car accident before they got changed, and their leg had to of been amputated, do you think it would grow back when they became a vampire? It healed all of Bella's injuries, but she just had broken bones, no missing limbs.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5010378/1/
Please read my Fanfic.
x..Toura
english rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by english rose »

its an intersting point but i dont think it would grow back limbs, sm said you are frozen as you are so although it would prob fix internal injuries i dont think it would stretch that far. however i think if you were blind or death or paralysed but with your two legs in tack then you would be cured
"now you know, no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"i know of just one exception"
"liar"
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever

team edward all the way!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Lucyth wrote:I was thinking about how vampire venom is supposed to heal all injuries, well, if somebody was in a car accident before they got changed, and their leg had to of been amputated, do you think it would grow back when they became a vampire? It healed all of Bella's injuries, but she just had broken bones, no missing limbs.
Transformation will not bring back amputated limbs, but will heal paralysis, blindness, and also in Alice's case - mental infirmeries. SM state if your hair is short in human existence, it will stay that way always.
Frozen forever.

On another note, I just got back from the Borders online and now the Twilght Saga: The Original Guide has been moved - AGAIN - to January 1, 2010. WTH??!!! :evil:

My imagination wants to go down the path that maybe SM might announce something big in this edition.
Maybe that's why this book keeps getting pushed back again and again. In my dreams, I know.
Man, I can only hope for something as wonderful as that.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
english rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by english rose »

i dont believe borders or the other book sites, sm hasnt put any dates on her website so i think borders is just guessing and maybe put it so far in advance to keep us off there backs. im with you naverre i hope sm is putting it on hold for summet special, in my wildest dreams i hope she wants to release midnight sun first do she can include it in the guide, maybe wishful thinking eh x
"liar"
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever

team edward all the way!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

navarre wrote:
Lucyth wrote:I was thinking about how vampire venom is supposed to heal all injuries, well, if somebody was in a car accident before they got changed, and their leg had to of been amputated, do you think it would grow back when they became a vampire? It healed all of Bella's injuries, but she just had broken bones, no missing limbs.
Transformation will not bring back amputated limbs, but will heal paralysis, blindness, and also in Alice's case - mental infirmeries. SM state if your hair is short in human existence, it will stay that way always.
Frozen forever.
Alice was never mentally unsound- they just thought she was due to her visions. Her family didn't know what to do with her, so they had her committed.
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

navarre wrote:
Frozen forever.

where did you get this idea from? :shock:
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

chowzinha wrote:
navarre wrote:
Frozen forever.

where did you get this idea from? :shock:
Hmm. Now that chowzinha mentions it, I wonder that, too.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Well, we know for sure that it heals paralysis because of Bella, and I think that the venom fixes chemical imbalances, which cause the mental problems. Most cases of blindness are caused by cataracts, river blindness (the formal name of which I have forgotten), and trachoma. I think that the venom would probably heal lens opacity, and river blindness and trachoma are caused by an infection. If the venom worked against Edward's flu, it should work against the infections that cause blindness. As navarre said, when something is missing from your body, be it a limb or your hair, it's missing forever. Venom works if the limb is there, the body parts can be dead, as long as they're there.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
english rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by english rose »

i agree who-needs-fangs i think the venom can fix anything internal but cannot make things that are not there. like you said you are frize in the state you are at the change. SM said thats why alices hair is so short because it hadnt grown back fully from when she was shaved in the asylam, also sm said that if you were unfortunate enuf to be changed while pregant you would stay that way forever! can you imagine!
"liar"

team edward all the way!
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Well, we know for sure that it heals paralysis because of Bella, and I think that the venom fixes chemical imbalances, which cause the mental problems. Most cases of blindness are caused by cataracts, river blindness (the formal name of which I have forgotten), and trachoma. I think that the venom would probably heal lens opacity, and river blindness and trachoma are caused by an infection. If the venom worked against Edward's flu, it should work against the infections that cause blindness. As navarre said, when something is missing from your body, be it a limb or your hair, it's missing forever. Venom works if the limb is there, the body parts can be dead, as long as they're there.
Right... because Bella's spine was severed, am I remembering that correctly?

And, really, how often does one get to use the word "trachoma" and phrase "lens opacity" when discussing Twilight?

Image Image Image