A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dcluver04
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by dcluver04 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? Yes, real blood makes me very queasy, especially when it is my own.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? No I trusted him. A little but not too much.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? I dissagree there are many juniors I know just like him.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I don't remember this, sorry.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
Yes and no . I don't necessarily get queasy around blood but open wounds. I do think blood smells though. I can't exactly describe what it smells like but I know I don't like it.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
When Edward scooped up Bella, I couldn't help but think "how romantic"! :D :D I didn't think anything about the blood, to be honest. I guess in thinking about it, it was really only Mike's blood that was near them...but I'm sure Edward (and the rest of the Cullens) were prepared for Blood Typing Day.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Everyone is different. Some people are more mature than others. I think Bella is one of those who is more mature. But, Bella could have said that Edward doesn't seem like a junior in high school either.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I think that he definitely going to go to hell thoroughly! His behavior is different because he has resigned himself to the fact that he can't give up Bella, he can't stay away from her. This is the first chapter where we really see that. This is also the first chapter where we see them ALONE together. Without anyone else around. That's important as well. (Which we learn in Midnight Sun, as well..)
Melarian
Settled in Forks

Post by Melarian »

Partly. A little bit of blood doesn't bother me too much, but when there is an open wound with lots of blood, I usually get sick. Blood really has a strange kind of smell that I don't like at all.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
I thought that if Edward reacted that way, he was probably sure to be in control of himself, so I wasn't afraid for Bella - I was more afraid for Mike, as a matter of fact.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Agree. She is too mature, especially compared to some of the other girls in her class.

He allows himself to be closer to Bella than ever before. It seemed like he had finally accepted the fact that he couldn't stay away from her anymore.
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

No, I don't really relate to Bella in that way. A little bit of blood, like a needle prick or a small cut doesn't really bother me. But alot of blood does, like a pool of it. Even on TV alot of it disturbs me.

I thought it was cute and romantic, but I was a little bit iffy about the fact that there was blood around, but I also figured that he probably wouldn't have done it if he wasn't in control of himself.

I agree, Bella is really mature for her age, especially compared to the girls in her classes, but I think its because she had to be the mature on all the time when she lived with her mom, and even with Charlie because she has to cook for him etc..

Edward starts to open up in this chapter, and lets himself be closer to him, and he isn't being rude I guess you can say , so he is finally giving in to the fact that he can't stay away from her.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
Elsbyth
Settled in Forks

Post by Elsbyth »

yes, I have blood injection injury phobia (it's real, look it up) so I can totally sympathize with her distate for the smell of human blood.

Afraid? Heck no. I was thrilled. Thrilled, jealous, happy, envious, etc etc. How freakin romantic!

She demonstrated from early on that her maturity level was very high. Her descriptions of Renee and Charlie allow the reader to see that she takes care of others and has for most of her life. That takes a mature and selfless person.

I found that Edward seemed to be less defensive and more accepting of what might be on the horizon.
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

No, I don't like blood but just a prick on the finger dosn't bother me as much as some other things do.
No, Edward seemed to be very aware of what he was doing before he scooped her up and with the scent of blood around didn't seem to make anything any more different.
I do agree because Bella was always so used to taking care of her mother that like Renee said that she was born a middle aged person and I agree because when you start taking care of adults pretty soon their behavior rubs off on you very easily :)
He was alot more open and not as angry or furious because he obvioulsy found out that he can't live without her so he must be willing to give it a try and not trying to shut everybody else out.
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood? OME!!! I remember blood-typing in Biology! I couldn't even prick my finger...not because of the blood, but because of the pain! I wasn't queasy around blood in high school; being an adult now, well, that's a different story.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? Not when he scooped her up, but when Lee came into the office bleeding. It must have been very difficult for Edward.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? Yes- Bella does behave older than her age.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters? I love Edward here! I think I about fainted when he winked at her during lunch. It sounds like he is still torn between wanting her and trying to stay away. I love the part where he asks her if Renee would want her to be happy, no matter who her choice of guy was. For me, this was the first hint that Edward was trying to tell her that he had feelings for her, just not in so many words. It's almost like he wants Bella to know what he is, he just wants her to figure it out instead of outright telling her.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

ohh yes

no

i agree 100%

I thought that he was more...loving and caring in this chapter.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
prettyrey
Settled in Forks

Post by prettyrey »

Nope.
No. you could tell that he loved her and he wanted to be with her to make sure that she was fine. I thought that it was very sweet that he did that for her. Plus I think that he was trying to make a statement to Mike.

Yes. She is very mature for her age.
I think that he is still fighting with his feelings about Bella. And he is trying to test the waters and see how she reacts around him
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Not really. Seeing gore, like on those medical channels, yes. I get nauseous and I can't stand to watch, unless I want to feel like I'm going to throw up. A little prick, no.

No. Not once in the book was I afraid of Edward.

I disagree. She's just had to grow up fast, but other than that... I'm the same way; people say I seem like I'm 25, even though I'll be turning 18 in a few months.

He's warmer and more open than the other chapters.