Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by akire »

Jadey wrote: Yeah, any director will be better than Catherine.
Ugh, I hear what you're saying. Maybe she had good intentions but sometimes I felt like she didn't take the situation seriously, and didn't encourage the actors to do the same.
mizzou wrote:kstew's interview on jimmy kimmel was great. she made some jokes, haha. and she was looking extremely white, lol.
Loved her dress!

EDIT: And the part about fire for fire, being passionate about the movie/saga. Here's the link.

Image Image Image
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

I LOVED the new interview on Jimmy Kimmel.
She looks great and loved the dress!

I also like the fact that when I see her in interviews, I see her as Bella and Kristen. I feel sometimes with movies as big a Twilight or with very defining roles the lines can get sort of blurred. I enjoy the fact I can watch other movies with her in it and see the role she is playing rather then seeing her as just Bella, or just Kristen. I don't know if that makes much sense. With some movies I feel like Im just watching just the actor rather then the character because it seems like "oh lets hire this person since they are big in hollywood" or I feel like an actor got so lost in their last role that they are forever seen as that character.

Of course to us we will always see the actors in Twilight as the Cullens, ect....but I feel they all do such a good job that it wont stick with them in a negative way.

Sorry, this is all over the place. I just had this thought and wanted to get it out before I forgot about it! Hope you can understand what Im trying to say.
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

I think Kstew was just okay as Bella. Maybe it was the way they played her down----a little TOO plain. Yes, Bella is ordinary and all, but I think they maybe went a little too far....honestly, I didn't see the appeal and couldn't figure out why the guys liked her either. I know in real life the girl is really very very pretty----I just think maybe the wardrobe and makeup department went a little too frumpy on it.

And that hospital scene where she gets all upset? That's one of my least favorite parts in the movie......Yes, she's upset, but come on----spit it out already! And can anyone explain why she did that weird "touch her head with her hand" thing right before she says "You were gone" in biology class? If she was trying to convey nervousness, it was weird. And the "You're asking me about the weather?" thing was a bit off too.

I like her look. I think she's an ok actress and I don't follow the negative stories about her or anything. I think she makes a fine Bella---I just wish they'd play up her natural beauty a bit more (like the Bella in the book) and stop frumping her up so much!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

i agree on you that bella was too artificial in movie... i saw her as one dimensional character, but i think it was about bad directing... and the best scene was when bella and edward arrived in school together for the first time, there both rob and kristen seemed more relaxed and more themselves and i could feel something there... so for me problem with twilight was bad director who couldn't get best from the actors plus bad script...
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Bellas clothes in the movie = ugh!
I know that shes not supposed to have the best sense in fashion, but some one the clothes.. like the mouldy green button top she wore on the first day.. and that white shirt with the flowery pattern on it... (which is the top that her action figure is wearing). All her clothes were so bizarre.

Anywho, I liked her acting in the movie.. some parts were a bit off *cough* hospital scene at the end *cough* but some parts I was like "THATS MY BELLA!!" But I mainly blame the Director..

She did a good job, wasn't brilliant, and wasn't awful either.
Can't wait to see how she does in NM.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

really? Her clothes need criticizing? Wow.

I know some people have not liked the manerisms she used in the film but ask yourself, how are you going to convey on film, without narration, how much Edward "dazzles" her, without weird mannerisms like the stop-start and hand gestures like that? And honestly, if someone drops a bombshell on you, such as "soul mate --> leaving town" then you are going to be stuck for words.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

I'm with you Jadey----I think the clothes should have been more like what the book described. That gosh awful green top!

And yes---that thing in the hospital---not cool. There are ways to convey how much Edward dazzles her that don't involve in the weirdest "just come on and say something already" scene ever. If you read the book, Bella conveys she didn't want him to go in a way that didn't make you cringe every time you read it.

I just think the clothes on certain characters could have used some major improvement. Maybe it was the director, I have no clue.
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

obieewok wrote:If you read the book, Bella conveys she didn't want him to go in a way that didn't make you cringe every time you read it.
Honestly, the book version made me cringe as well. She was all dramatic and "don't ever leave me" then, too. Of course after reading the rest of the saga, I could handle the drama. And the second time I read Twilight I didn't mind it as much.

Image Image
Hailish
Settled in Forks

Post by Hailish »

ForJazz926 wrote:Honestly, the book version made me cringe as well. She was all dramatic and "don't ever leave me" then, too.
True that. Both were cringeworthy, but nothing makes me wince harder than that movie hospital scene. Do not get me wrong, overall I enjoy KStew's portrayal of Bella, but that scene makes me want to just slap a complete sentence out of her mouth. All that "You can't ever leave me" BS is just too much for me, but for that, I have to put the responsibility on Stephenie Meyer. She wrote it that way, which is disappointing, but whatevs. It's her art, after all.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

pharmer4 wrote:really? Her clothes need criticizing? Wow.

I know some people have not liked the manerisms she used in the film but ask yourself, how are you going to convey on film, without narration, how much Edward "dazzles" her, without weird mannerisms like the stop-start and hand gestures like that? And honestly, if someone drops a bombshell on you, such as "soul mate --> leaving town" then you are going to be stuck for words.
The green button down shirt should be burned. Awful.

I see your point, pharmer4. It's complicated to work in a role which is from the protagonist POV, so she didn't have much to work with. What annoyed me, especially on the meadow scene, it was the fact she looked terrified of Edward, untill he asks her if she is afraid of him and she says "No". So, why all the panting and biting lip stuff? You get what I mean? Bad direction. Kristen Stewart is not a bad actress. But she has to have a good director guiding her. But the major flaws in the Twilight movie were bad directing and bad plot. WTH Melissa did with the Meadow scene? I can't conform myself with that.