A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 12 ~ Intruder

Post by futurevampire »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
I do not remember when I figured it out. But I know I knew before Bella. I remembered the story too and when she saw them in the woods...
2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
I was preoccupied with Edward not being there and trying to figure out where he was. I think I knew they were werewolves by then and I figured there were some 'werewolf things' we didn't know about yet.
3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
I liked it. I was getting too bored with humans. And it started getting better around now. Just sitting in the garage building a car is so much more mediocre than changing into a giant wolf and patrolling the forest. It wasn't really surprising because I already suspected it.
4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
He couldn't 'redeem' himself much with me. I didn't like him. I wanted Edward. I really didn't like him in Eclipse. I really didn't feel differently about him. I was actually happier when he was gone. But I wasn't mad at him, he didn't really have a choice.
5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
I thought it was Victoria and/or other vampires doing it. It seemed pretty obvious to me. I was confused as to why Bella thought it was the werewolves, she should have known better.
6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
I didn't know what she would do. I figured she would try to warn him or something, because obviously someone would have to tell her they weren't killing anyone. I'm a different person from Bella. I would have dealt with Edward leaving much differently, I would have been heartbroken and never been with anyone else, but I would have just been normal and completely miserable. Life would seem horribly pointless, and I would't know what to do with the future. But I don't think I even would have gone to see Jacob.
I could keep going with how things would be if I was Bella...but that completely changes the entire story.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
Before Bella, read it in Twilight

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
Pack mind control led by Sam

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
Not really surprising because he turned into one in Twilight in her dream after first meeting him at the beach

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
Both. Made it worse because he was both versions of himself, but gave her the clue to figure things out

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
Yes

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
Should at least warn, because if they are doing it, then she need not worry if they're harmed for they would have brought it upon themselves
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

The Meadow. There was no two ways about it. When I saw the wolves I knew Sam was one and I knew that Jake was the Russet brown wolf that was closet to Bells. The legends were going to play a part in this story and here they were

It was something else. I didn’t know at the time that it was Sam, but I thought for a second that maybe it was a pack thing. So eventually when he does reveal that Sam told him that he couldn’t say anything, I was like okay I get it now.

I was okay with it. Not surprised. I remembered that he was Ephriam Black’s great grandson. So I sorta knew that it was coming. I figured that if there were wolves, at least someone could protect Bella. So I was okay with it. It was second best to the Vampires.

I don’t think that he redeemed himself. He broke a promise. He was a jerk and that’s all I can say.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
No. I knew that Victoria was out there. Edward mentioned in the end of the Twilight that Victoria had run off. I didn’t think she would give up so easily on tracking Bella.

I would have said something to him. He’s my best friend, I have to do something. I’m not just going to let him die. It didn’t matter to me that they could be out there killing people, I didn’t want him to get killed.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I was pretty much convinced in the meadow when one of the wolves looked at her with intelligent eyes.

Something else..I just couldn't put my finger on what. If it was guilt, he wouldn't have been cut off. He would have stopped himself, and that's something different. I was afraid that it had something do with Sam since all they guys connected to him seemed to look to him for answers.

Not surprising. I'm not sure I liked it. Who would want their best friend to become a werewolf? And Jacob seemed upset by it as well. It just didn't seem like a good life.

It made it a little better, but it did not redeem him. He handled it badly, and he hurt her more than necessary.

No, I was sure that they weren't. They did not attack Bella in the meadow. They went straight for Laurent, s clearly their mission was something else than killing innocent campers.

I think she was right to warn him. I would have. He was her friend, and I think she owed him a chance to explain himself. That does not mean that she accepts that killings or don't care about the victims. She just wants to give her friend a chance.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

No, I'd guessed from way early on that he was a werewolf.

Something else - I didn't know what, though. The way he was so desperate to tell her everything made it clear he wasn't just scared of what she'd think. It was something wolfy and more important than that.

It wasn't surprising. It made sense... I didn't like or dislike it at this point - I didn't know enough about it to really have an opinion. I didn't like Sam though, I was blaming him as much as Bella was.

It didn't redeem him for me - he was beyond cruel to her earlier on, especially mentioning the Cullens when he knew how much it hurt her. He did a lot of bad things to Bella out of anger that wasn't her fault. It didn't make things worse - at least he was trying to make up for the horrible things he said. But I didn't exactly forgive him instantly, either.

No. I didn't know who was, at that point - I'd figured Laurent was, and I thought the wolves had destroyed him. But I didn't think it was the wolves murdering people. They were just in the wrong places at the wrong times - always too late and not quite having the smooth speed of the vampires.

I knew she'd warn him. That's just part of who she is. I probably would have gone crazy long before that point, with mythical creatures and all sorts of secrets and holes in my chest - I imagine I'd have freaked out beyond words and been carted off to a nice padded cell. :lol: I suppose really, Bella did the only reasonable thing - try to talk to him.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes? I figured it out in the meadow.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else? I figured he wasn't allowed to tell anyone. He told us in twilight that he wasn't supposed to talk about it. That's why Bella was worried when she told Edward that Jacob told her he was a vampire she didn't want to get Jacob in trouble for breaking the treaty.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not? I don't remember how I felt about it when I first read the book I didn't like Jacob. So I didn't care I just wanted Edward to come back.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse? Well since he didn't mean to hurt her it was better

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring? I didn't think the were. Billy would not have been happy about the kids in the tribe turning into killers. I knew they existed to fight off Vampires so I knew Victoria was the one killing everyone.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done? Warn him of course but I had already figured out that it wasn't them killing people so there would have been no question to me.
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

When he first told Bella bout the boys in La Push were now hanging out with Sam and when he got 'sick'

Beacue Sam gave and order and I don't think it's physicaly possible for him to dissobay it.

I was like oh yeah I was right go me, I loved it...it was just so fitting for him.

He redeemed himself.

Nope.

I think she should of told him, I would of.
**Kathryn**
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I was suspicious of his drastic changes. I suspected it was happening when he went off with Sam & his buddies.

Well, I know now it was the order from the Alpha that cut him off -- at the time I wasn't sure; probably thought it was fear of disclosing the secret.

I was expecting it; it wasn't really a surprise. Once he was able to be Bella's friend again I was fine with it. I hated that, at first, it seemed like it had to be one or the other.

I forgive Jacob easily. It redeemed him. I admired the fact he found a way around the edict because Bella was so important to him.

No, I didn't. Based on Jacob's story that the wolves were there to protect people, I was pretty sure they wouldn't kill people

I probably would have warned him; I was pretty sure she would, too. She had to give him a chance to explain himself.

Image Image Image
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

it didnt hit me until bella figured it out! i knew something was up... i didnt think it was sam's "cult", but i dint know what.

stalling...thats it.

i was shocked and was thinking what bella thought: oh boy!, next angela's gonna have a pet unicorn!

i think it relaxed the situation a little. i might have been a little harder for bella and jacob but not as tense.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
i thought maybe the rest of the pack but not jacob. he was too much his own person.

i would have. it would have been hard, but i would have done it.
Betting on Alice.
AliceluvsJasper2eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceluvsJasper2eva »

Um... i have to say that it had to be the drastic changes of how jacob was acting. Whenever it had said that jacob has some kind of virus i did believe then billy was acting really suspicious about something. So that is when it hit me.

I think that it was fear. The reason i think that is because if he told his secret to bella,he was afraid that bella would ahve run away.

I like it, um personally i thought that it fit his personality. It makes him stronger and capable of protecting bella when edward can't.

Um...a little bit of both. He could have gave bella time to know what she knew and how she was going to deal with it. And it redeem him for me because he didn't want her to stay frozen on what she saw either. So i am both glad and not so much glad about wat he did with that situation.

The rest of the pack yeah maybe. But jacob wouldn't and couldn't.

Um....i would have warned him,and i am sure that bella would have done it for his safety as well.
Emmett and Edward are the hottest vampires alive!!!!