Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Esme Cullen

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i was rereading the part in breaking dawn where alice and jasper come back and all is resolved, and i love it how esme goes over and hugs them. you can just see how caring she is and how much she really does love her family.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

urcoolcarrie wrote:i just think that esme has such a big history, (abusing husband, running away from said husband, etc) and i would have liked to maybe see more about that. i don't know if im explaining this right. maybe if that past had come up more and had something to do with that story. i just think that with that past, something should come into play.
I completely agree. I would have liked to hear Esme's story. I always thought it was very interesting that she endured such hardships during her human life, and unlike Rosalie, seemed to channel that into love and compassion. I know hers and Rosalie's situations were not quite the same, but she still had an unhappy life and was able to move on from it and seemingly holds no grudges.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

ya absolutely. its amazing how esme could go through so much, and yet she still has somehow opened herself up to love.
Last edited by urcoolcarrie on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Satsu-kun
Settled in Forks

Post by Satsu-kun »

I love Esme, the thought of her being all motherly to vampires just makes me giggle a little inside. She is so sweet, and caring, and i love seeing her loving her family like they were her own.

I would have loved to have seen more of Esme, and I think I will once Midnight Sun comes out.

Esme is one of my favorite characters. ^^

Evil is a state of mind. The one's that develop said "state of mind" are the saddest, but the one's who are born with it are the most sadistic.
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

Does anyone else find Esme amazingly un-vampire like? I mean can you imagine her snarling? :lol: Not to say I dont totally love her character, but I just can't imagine her fighting newborns in Eclipse! That is something I would like SM perspective of. The fight that happened in the valley that Edward and Bella were not a part of. Some how I can picture Esme ripping a newborn limb from limb, arranging them nicely, and then aplogizing. Or, she would sobbing the entire time.

I think the character of Esme made all of the Cullen clan more humane. Like in BD when Alice said that Rose would never dishonor Esme by posioning food for Jacob. She was an essential part of the Cullen way of life.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I just love ESME!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a great person and a wonderful mother!!! She is so loving!!!!!! She loves her family and children so mcuh!!! She was so happy about Edward and Bella! I love that seeing her children happy made her happy.
Her and Charlise were wonderful. Who didn't or couldn't fall in love with her and wish she was our own mother!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage
Apple
Wandering Through Town

Post by Apple »

i heart esme so much. i was always wanting her to be in the books more. there is something about her i find very interesting, and i was always hoping she was going to have a moment with bella or someone else, and they would go a but deeper into her character.

i read a really good fanfic that was one person's take on edward's version of twilight, and esme was in it a lot. it made me so happy. she had all these little hear-to-hearts with edward when he was terrified of killing bella. it was fantastic.
the welts of your scorn, my love, give me more
send whips of opinion down my back, give me more
well, its you i've waited my life to see
its you i've searched so hard for
Apple
Wandering Through Town

Post by Apple »

Isobelle wrote:Does anyone else find Esme amazingly un-vampire like? I mean can you imagine her snarling? :lol: Not to say I dont totally love her character, but I just can't imagine her fighting newborns in Eclipse! That is something I would like SM perspective of. The fight that happened in the valley that Edward and Bella were not a part of. Some how I can picture Esme ripping a newborn limb from limb, arranging them nicely, and then aplogizing. Or, she would sobbing the entire time.
i totally agree. i can't even picture esme hunting. i know she must do it, but in my head she is always in a pretty dress and heals, while she leafs through a crabtree and evelyn catalog. ;)
the welts of your scorn, my love, give me more
send whips of opinion down my back, give me more
well, its you i've waited my life to see
its you i've searched so hard for
midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

I wish Esme was in BD more! She is one of my favorite characters, I'm kinda obsessed with her and Carlisle! She's so kind and is described as motherly, and she wasn't very involved with Bella's pregnency and Renesmee. She was just a kind presence that showed how much love there was in the Cullen family.
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!
midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

Apple wrote:
Isobelle wrote:Does anyone else find Esme amazingly un-vampire like? I mean can you imagine her snarling? :lol: Not to say I dont totally love her character, but I just can't imagine her fighting newborns in Eclipse! That is something I would like SM perspective of. The fight that happened in the valley that Edward and Bella were not a part of. Some how I can picture Esme ripping a newborn limb from limb, arranging them nicely, and then aplogizing. Or, she would sobbing the entire time.
i totally agree. i can't even picture esme hunting. i know she must do it, but in my head she is always in a pretty dress and heals, while she leafs through a crabtree and evelyn catalog. ;)
:lol: Totally! And cleaning the house. If the Cullen's were human, she would wake up and make all of their lunches everyday too!
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!