Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kaleyhn
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie Premier Party and meet-ups

Post by Kaleyhn »

Omg! I live in NYC and really want to go to that Borders party. I was going to go to the one at Blockbuster in my neighborhood but I know it will pale in comparison. No pun intended ;)

Are you an adult who is the only one of your friends who wants to go? If you do, we can make a group and meet-up :)
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

Yay! I'm an adult yes and my friend who would come with me is leaving to Florida the same day sadly! I'd love to meet up. I need to find out when Border's opens. They suggested geting there early to get a wristband but I'm not sure how early is early? Any idea?

PM me if you like!
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

So North Carolina people, are you there?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Nightswimming93
Settled in Forks

Post by Nightswimming93 »

Any other Chicago-area people going to the Borders party at Oak Park? I found 1 so far (so glad!) but I hope there will be other Lexiconers there!!!

1144 Lake St
Oak Park, IL 60301

Have a great night everyone!
"LOSING TRACK OF TIME WAS THE MOST I ASKED FROM LIFE."
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I have a general question about these DVD release parties: For example, at Borders, the information states the night of the party you will be able to pick up your pre-ordered DVD or you need a wristband to receive the DVD due to limited amounts. Is it possible that the pre-ordered DVDs sold out and none will be available to purchase that evening, or do you think they set aside a few copies to be able to sell that night?
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Alison wrote:I have a general question about these DVD release parties: For example, at Borders, the information states the night of the party you will be able to pick up your pre-ordered DVD or you need a wristband to receive the DVD due to limited amounts. Is it possible that the pre-ordered DVDs sold out and none will be available to purchase that evening, or do you think they set aside a few copies to be able to sell that night?
Hard question. . .I think they will give out wristbands to people who preordered it, and they might have a few copies for people that didn't. My advise would be to preorder it.
ImageImage
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

threethings wrote:
Alison wrote:I have a general question about these DVD release parties: For example, at Borders, the information states the night of the party you will be able to pick up your pre-ordered DVD or you need a wristband to receive the DVD due to limited amounts. Is it possible that the pre-ordered DVDs sold out and none will be available to purchase that evening, or do you think they set aside a few copies to be able to sell that night?
Hard question. . .I think they will give out wristbands to people who preordered it, and they might have a few copies for people that didn't. My advise would be to preorder it.
I would, but I'm fairly certain that the pre-orders for the March 21st release are sold out, and they are now pre-ordering for the next shipment. I had pre-ordered a copy from Amazon months ago, but the Borders edition sounds so much better. Hopefully I'll be able to get one at the party, granted I get there early enough.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I plan to go really early so I can get a wristband.
I didn't know they sold out, good thing I did it early.

Borders ones are best.

Back on topic:

North Carolina people, are you there?
ImageImage
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Just wanted to reply, because I called Borders twice today....

First, the girl said that you can't preorder the special edition anymore, but you can preorder the regular edition.
She also said you don't have to order ahead of time to attend the party, I was wondering if it was like Hot Topic parties

I called back because I was wondering if it would even be possible to get their edition that night. The guy said that they won't take any more preorders for their edition because they can't guarantee that much, but he said based on past experiences he thinks they'll have plenty and that he'd be surprised if they even sold out by Monday
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:I called back because I was wondering if it would even be possible to get their edition that night. The guy said that they won't take any more preorders for their edition because they can't guarantee that much, but he said based on past experiences he thinks they'll have plenty and that he'd be surprised if they even sold out by Monday
Great to hear since I have not pre-ordered anything! I sure hope I can get it on friday night. THanks for the info!
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn