Lost TV Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Lost TV Series

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Happy lost day everyone! I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next 3 hours :lol:

So I know we talked about Ben being evil briefly, but I heard an interesting theory today and I wanted to see what you all thought--this is what it said:

"Do you think it is plausible that John was supposed to die and Ben knew it and the only reason he stopped Locke was to find out how to get back to the island and the only reason he killed Locke was to finish the job for him (i.e. course correction), rather than out of jealousy or to stop him from doing something. I was spurred to this way of thinking by an article I read earlier that discussed that Abbadon who gets people to "where they need to be" was getting John to a place where he was totes despondent about his life (mocking his inability to get the O6 to join him, showing him Helen is dead…) so he would commit suicide ...which is what he was supposed to do"

I kind of like this theory, but I also think that I just want to excuse Ben because I want him to be more than just a crazy evil character and this would explain it

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions on tonight's episode :D :D

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

This one wasn't as mind blowing, but it was pretty sweet.
But wth?! We have to wait 2 weeks for the next one! That p***ed me off! I thought they were supposed to have one every week.

But anyways..I can't wait to see what happens with Sawyer now that hes with Juliet and Kate is back. Ahh! This is getting pretty weird. And they're living in the 70's. What?!
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
renesmeecarlie

Post by renesmeecarlie »

See that's so funny becuase I thought last night's episode was INCREDIBLE---I thought it was so much better than last week

I love episodes with Dharma or the Others because we know so little about them I think it's so good!

We finally saw the four-toed statue (or the back of it at least! Ugh I wish we got to see more things from that time because I don't know if we are going to be able to see it again!!

I love that Sawyer and Miles are part of the Dharma security team haha too funny---by the way did anyone else get the feeling that Sawyer is going to end up being responsible for the purge? Technically he is the reason the truce between the hostiles and Dharma was broken (even though the hostiles were really responsible)--and I feel like it's all going to lead up to when the others decide to purge the Dharma Initiative

Not to mention, Ben will be arriving there as a child at some point soon (and as an adult too technically)---how are they going to manage being stuck in the 1970's?---It was hilarious that Juliet was a mechanic though she looked adorable!--and where is Daniel? He's probably working like in the first episode of the season right?

And where has Sayid been???---I kind of prefer Sawyer with Juliet than with Kate---she is such a mess all the time she should be with Jack, he's a mess too :lol:

"Carlisle was right."
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

renesmeecarlie wrote:See that's so funny becuase I thought last night's episode was INCREDIBLE---I thought it was so much better than last week

I kind of prefer Sawyer with Juliet than with Kate
+1 on both of those.

The last two episodes have answered questions but they kind of bored me. This episode, however, was fantastic! I loved it all and it really kept me in the show.

Oh, I thought the Sawyer and Juliet thing was adorable. I just hope Sawyer remains to his belief that three years is enough to get over someone. :) Kate has always annoyed me.. I didn't really want her to be with anyone, as mean as that sounds. Haha, but I've always like Juliet.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I felt that Sawyer/Juliet thing happening for the past two weeks now. I like it too.
What do you think they're going to do now that they're at the Dharma initiative but they know it's going to go up in smoke?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
renesmeecarlie

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Well if it's only 1977 "when" they are and they don't purge the DI until the 80's then what's the deal?

There has to be more to it they them just waiting everything out in the 1970's and 1980's right?
:?: So confused...but that's how you know it was a great Lost episode!

"Carlisle was right."
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Renesmeecarlie- Haha, I always seem to have the opposite opinion of everyone else. It was a great episode, don't get me wrong. But there weren't really and WTF, OMG moments. But the Juliet/Sawyer thing was interesting.
And yes, we will see the four toed statue again, but I believe we won't actually learn about it until season 6.

I'm not sure who's better for who. Theres this big Juliet/Sawyer/Kate/Jack foursome thing going on. Its hard to really keep up. I mean..Kate seems more Sawyers type..but maybe Sawyer needs someone like Juliet. I can't wait to see what happens there.

Oh and since they are in the DI now..wouldn't there be a little Ben wandering around somewhere? Maybe not little, but somewhat younger. Since its a few years before he kills everyone, and he was probably 30 when he did that. Haha..do you think we'll see him at some point. Because remember Horace is the guy who brought Ben's dad to the island.
And we are supposed to get more Ben backstory..I think that may be it. Him in the DI before he kills everyone.
renesmeecarlie

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Okay, so we made it through the painful week that was last week (I'm sorry, but not having a new episode of Lost was COMPLETE torture for me!)--I am so ridiculously excited for tomorrow night!!

The title is "Namaste" which I'm assuming means it will be VERY Dharma centered (probs has to do with assimilating Jack, Kate, Hurley and anyone else who makes it back into 1970's Dharma culture ---shouldn't be too difficult :lol: )

Anyone read anything good about Lost recently or just have any cool thoughts??

Can you tell how desperate I am for a new episode of Lost??? :D

"Carlisle was right."
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Well you were pretty much right renesmeecarlie.
I missed parts of this episode so I'll have to rewatch before I make to many comments..

But Ethan is the baby! Thats crazy.
And Sayid met younger Ben. I figured we'd see him sooner or later.

And Frank and Sun met Christian..I didn't catch that whole part though..
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I wonder why Sun didn't go with the rest of the O6.
Juliet and Sawyer, definitely! They just seem to fit better than Kate and Sawyer did, at least to me.
There's a little Ben running around the island! I wonder if he recognized Sawyer, Juliet, and Jin later on. Because he was like 13 or something and it seems like their community is pretty close.
I think it's awesome too that Sawyer's kinda running the thing now. To be honest with you, the first few seasons I didn't really like him but now I do...I must've been weird before, because Sawyer is awesome.
And did you realize how the previews for this week's episode put pieces together to make it seem like the Losties were splitting up, but really they weren't yet? I wonder if that's how it'll be for next week...
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com