Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by debussygirl »

Yes it was. Melissa will be doing NM and EC. Nothing yet on BD.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

SERIOUSLY?? I had no idea they were keeping her. Hmmm... :?

Not sure how I feel about that
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I know exactly how I feel about it, but I'd rather not set off the filters multiple times within the same post.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Jadey wrote:When Edward was explaining that, I was sitting there ready to hear about Jasper.. And then it was like:

... *crickets*

Im so furious.
Exactly, an extra second isn't going to do anything. :x
I know!! Jasper is my favorite Cullen and HE WASN'T EVEN HARDLY MENTIONED!!!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

It was so weird.

*sigh* Oh well.. i guess they'll mention him in New Moon, or possibly Eclipse...
because like Twilight, New Moon doesn't really involve Jasper or his powers much.
=/
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

His power is very important to why he left the south and joined the Cullens. I did hate that they left that out. And did you guys read Catherine's answer to why didn't Bella and Edward ever say, "I love you"?
(This is paraphrasing) but basically, she said that it was so strongly felt it needn't be said.
Ummm, I think it did, honestly.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

I agree debussygirl, that wasn't such a great answer, lol. It also makes me think that maybe Edward isn't really "mouthing" I love you in the garage scene as some said. But it kinda does look like it to me, oh well...

lol, who_needs_fangs! I guess I was just happy with the movie, sure it could have been better, and there are a few major inconsistencies, but for the most part, I adore the movie *shrugs*
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Catherine needs to be skinned alive...
The 'I love you' scene was too 'strong'?

Bellas and Edwards relationship came across is just a high school fling.. (But I do admit that the last half was more serious and intense than the first)
If they said "I love you"... then everyone would realise they are seriously in love and then everyone would be happy.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I agree that they really needed to have them say "I Love You" at least once I was disappointed in that. And CH answer to why they didn't was kind of stupid. It needed to be in there somewhere! And when it comes to NM it had better be in there a few times at the end or I don't know, it won't be good.

And then not mentioning Jasper's power was really annoying! They took out his best parts/lines from the book & he wasn't as involved as he should've been. I feel bad for Jackson he's plays this cool character that they didn't utilize like they should've.

One thing that bugged me was the lack of explaining Carlisle's story. They didn't explain how this vampire could be a doctor and stand to be around humans, and their wounds and fresh blood. If I hadn't read the books to understand Carlisle I would find that weird and probably be very confused.

TeamEdward1918 you're not the only one. I really liked the movie too. It was just when I started thinking about the differences and things that were left out that it starts to bugy me. But when I'm watching it, it's just awesome. I can't wait for Saturday!

Oh something else, I read an interview w/MR who said that she just read Twilight when she was writing the script so that she would't be influenced and what not by what happens in the other books. But when it comes to some things that hurt the story and now they'll have some catching up to do in the other movies. (Like in NM they're going to have to explain who the Vultori are in the beginning so the whole Italy thing makes sense.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Yeh, im sure they'll add the scene in where Edward was explaining how he tried to kill himself when Bella ran off to James in Twilizzle... and hopefully he'll say then that the only option was to go to the Volturi bla bla and yea..
HOPEFULLY they'll keep that scene.

Otherwise for the poor people who haven't read the books will have a hard time watching it, plus, it will be annoying for all of us if they just cut out good scenes,

I have faith in Chris to keep as many scenes as he can
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart