General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
purple_panda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by purple_panda »

2) I do not think he would let her know he was there. He would observe her like he did before in Twilight and to make sure she was happy and well, but he would be waiting for the moment Jacob imprinted with someone and like he said " I would be waiting for that to happen" because like Sam & Emily, Jacob would not have a choice but to leave Bella and that would open the door for Edward to walk right back in to her life.

That's how I see it.
Jacob would not imprint *contains Breaking Dawn spoilers* because he imprints on Renesmee, and if Bella and Edward did not get married and have Renesmee, then how would Jake imprint?
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

purple_panda wrote:
2) I do not think he would let her know he was there. He would observe her like he did before in Twilight and to make sure she was happy and well, but he would be waiting for the moment Jacob imprinted with someone and like he said " I would be waiting for that to happen" because like Sam & Emily, Jacob would not have a choice but to leave Bella and that would open the door for Edward to walk right back in to her life.

That's how I see it.
Jacob would not imprint *contains Breaking Dawn spoilers* because he imprints on Renesmee, and if Bella and Edward did not get married and have Renesmee, then how would Jake imprint?

This is all a "what if" situation. We don't know if Jacob wouldn't had imprinted on anyone else has SM decided to take the story in a different direction without Renesmee. Sticking to the theory that imprinting is to pass on the wolf gene, then Jacob would've maybe met someone else to imprint, all accidently of course since all a shapeshifter has to do is see the other person and then that's when Edward would swoop in to take Bella back. It's all "moot point" like they say in the books. We know Bella never would've chosen noone other than Edward in the first place.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Lacuna Scion wrote: Now I have a really random question that's been bothering me: How do you think SM's vampires would react in space? Now take a moment to chuckle - because it is ridiculous - and get back to me.
Anyone else immediately go to the Muppet Show reference?

Vapiiiiireeeeeeessss innn Spaaaaaaaaceeeeeeee!

I do have a question. In BD, when Jacob sees Edward for the first time after Bella is pregnant, he mentions that he has seen Edward in actual pain before. (Hope I'm remembering that correctly). My question is... when was that?

Image Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

akire wrote:I do have a question. In BD, when Jacob sees Edward for the first time after Bella is pregnant, he mentions that he has seen Edward in actual pain before. (Hope I'm remembering that correctly). My question is... when was that?
I believe it is in reference to the scene at the school in Eclipse, when Jacob meets them there and then thinks about how Bella looked while Edward was gone.

Page 81 of Eclipse:
I felt Edward cringe. I glanced up at him, and his face was contorted in what could only be pain.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

ringswraith wrote:
akire wrote:I do have a question. In BD, when Jacob sees Edward for the first time after Bella is pregnant, he mentions that he has seen Edward in actual pain before. (Hope I'm remembering that correctly). My question is... when was that?
I believe it is in reference to the scene at the school in Eclipse, when Jacob meets them there and then thinks about how Bella looked while Edward was gone.

Page 81 of Eclipse:
I felt Edward cringe. I glanced up at him, and his face was contorted in what could only be pain.
I am dead serious, Rings, you really need an Ask Ringsraith... - you're really good at this. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

^^ Seriously! Sometimes it's faster to ask on the Q&A board than to look it up my darn self. :)

Image Image Image
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

:oops:

Aw, look. Y'all made me blush. ;)
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Hey, ringswraith, after all, you are a twilight guy, right! :D

Now here's a question. Has it ever occurred to anyone the Cullen's feeling towards being human again? I mean, people are so judgmental because Rosalie would change everything to be human again (actually, people judge Rose's selfishness and all, but I think it all comes down to this particular reason...), but, as it was said in MS, wouldn't all of them trade everything to become human again? (Note: there's a slight difference between Rosalie's 'everything' and the rest of the Cullen's 'everything')
What I'm really asking is: is it a feeling we get from reading the saga? Does the saga indicates, in some point, that all of them have this terrible craving to not be vampires again? Or they have just accepted their condition and lived with it? Or, even, do they feel like it's a 'condition'?
I know that we all get little glimpses from the Cullens saying that it's better to be human than vampire, but do they really despise being vampires? Would they really, as Edward has said, "trade immortality for mortality again"? And one last question, is there any of them who LIKES being vampire (as in, someone who clearly shows satisfaction with being it)?
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Hmm. I think you can spin that one either way, chowzinha.

Why don't we take a look at each one? :)

Carlisle: While I think he wouldn't mind being human, I know he enjoys the healing work he does and how his vampire state allows him to save those who could have been lost. He admits as much in New Moon. He probably wouldn't mind staying a vampire- he can save so many lives that way.

Edward: I believe the only reason he would want to be human, would be to be human with Bella- to be normal, so he can really live with her. That's been kind of rendered moot due to her transformation. Aside from that, he believes that he is damned... He probably wouldn't mind being human again.

Esme: As much as I think Esme enjoys her new family, I think she also wishes to be human, to be a real mother- she remembers the child she lost too strongly to ever get over her maternal instinct. Sure, her first husband was quite the monster, but she managed to escape him... I doubt he'd be a factor if she were able to revert to human.

Rosalie: Clearly, she wishes to be human- to have babies, to grow old with her husband. We even know that she'd be willing to give up Emmett if it meant being human again. I believe she's the only one with a clear-cut answer, here.

Emmett: Nothing bothers Emmett- not even being told he's no longer human. He enjoys whatever he does. He would probably not mind being human again, especially if it meant being with Rosalie- though he'd likely miss wrestling with those irritable grizzlies. ;)

Alice: She remembers nothing of being human and tries to live vicariously through Bella- yes, I think she wouldn't mind being human either. If only to experience things as a human does- things that she may have already experienced, but forgotten (or never experienced at all)... Of course, her transformation led to Jasper...

Jasper: He's one I'm not so sure about. Clearly, had he not been turned, he wouldn't have had to go through all those years of bloodshed. However, he was also a soldier, so it seemed that bloodshed was in his future, one way or the other. The only light in his existence as a vampire is Alice- he would do anything for her. If she wanted to be human, he would follow her in a heartbeat.

Bella: She seemed destined to be a vampire, no? If Edward was able to become human for her, I think she would have been happy staying human. But she wanted to be his equal, to not hurt him with the lure of her blood... She was quite content to leave it all, to be with him. So long as Edward was a vampire, she would insist on becoming one.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

..yeah, ^what he said.

:D
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart