Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Stefan and Vladimir

Post by simplymortal314 »

These two were probably some of my favorite characters. They were creepy, but sou funny.
I completely understand te muppet comparison. (part in thanks to my choir teacher who has an obsession with the muppets and swedish chef) All of the threats they made. made me laugh. Their strogest quality was that they wanted revenge.
What does make me curious was how was the Vampire world different from when they ruled to how it is now. Then how the Volturi took over. They must have an interesting back story.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

yes, i would LOVE to know what the story behind them is.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

They were my absolute favorites too. And the muppet comparison is dead on (no pun intended!!) I think it was Mr. Waldorf and Statler...
When I picture them, I picture vampires of old myth and legend (Bram Stoker definantly) and they were the only ones I could see say "I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD!!"
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

HA! Dracula One and Dracula Two!

holdingoutforjacob I definately saw Horton Hears a Who with my little sister, but I loved it! :)
I know what you mean about the Vulture Vlad, I wonder if stephanie saw that movie with her kids, are they young enough for that?
one minute they're nice and friendly the next their all "Death to the Volturi"
they made me laugh!
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
somnium
Settled in Forks

Post by somnium »

I loved them both in BD. They kind of took away the tension of the future encounter with the Volturi. I loved that they really wanted to see the Volturi go down and that was pretty much the only reason they were there, they didn't care about any of the Cullens but they were still going to vouch for them. It was hilarious that they left the meadow when they realized that there was going to be no fight. :lol:
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Like Renesmee, I thought they were both interesting. It was very cool to have new characters in the book. But I totally agree with Jacob about the "Dracula One, Dracula Two" part, they seemed rather bitter about everything.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I thought that these two were hilarious. They were a trip! Sure, they're a bit bitter, but I'd be pretty pissed off too. They've been waiting 1500 years for something to go down with the Volturi, I don't blame them. In that regard, I found them to be very human. My favorite moment is when the Romanians are explaining to Renesmee why they're so much paler than all the other vampires. "Well child..." I went looking for it in the text, but had no luck.
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Post by chessley_meyers »

I saw the muppet connection too! As I was reading about these two in Breaking Dawn, as much as I loved their hilarious quips, I had to wonder how the vampire world would be different if they were in charge. Would there have been such a big uproar over Renesmee? Would they seek to destroy bigger covens because they feared being overturned?
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

I thought these guys were very interesting. So mysterious. I would love to know more about the history between them and teh Volturi.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I'm glad to see that so many people love these characters. I thought that I was a little weird and/or morbid for enjoying them so much, I guess not! Or maybe we're all just a little weird and morbid... hmmm. Anyway, I find it really interesting that people have brought up Vlad the Impaler in this discussion. I feel like a complete idiot, I was so absorbed in the book that I didn't even think about that possibility. Even if he isn't the actual Impaler, I would like to think that Stephenie wanted it to be a bit of a joke or homage or something. Back to the characters though, I loved the comic relief that they supplied, intended or not. I was sad that we didn't get to see very much of them however. Isn't it just like Bella to remove herself from the most interesting characters just when we want to know more about them? (Sure it's for her own safety/peace of mind but still...)
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B