General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Hmph, I would have answered, but I'm still waiting for a trivia corner, or an advice column. :P
Or rather, I was playing with Fotoflexer.

Thanks for taking it, David!
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

:lol:

No problem Naureen. Though isn't there a tongue-in-cheek advice column already?
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Yes, because people are always citing book quotes in the TAC. :roll: :lol:
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

:lol: Touche.

Love the new rank, by the way.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

In the same vein as that last question, I have recently been thinking about what kind of loss the characters felt after being turned. Families left behind, etc. Particularly Emmett - since he was the most jazzed of anyone to be turned. Not like he was out in the woods himself - he had to be there with friends or family. And then there had to be a search, no body found, and it remained a mystery. Then he was probably declared dead, had mourners do the whole funeral thing...and all that. Isn't that sad to think about? I wonder what he thought of all that - and I wonder about the others. If it was hard for them to think that their families and friends were still out there, mourning them. I mean that's the whole reason that some of us hope to outlive our family members/spouses/SOs, in order to save them from that pain. I suppose Alice (presumeably) had it the easiest as far as that's concerned, but even those without immediate family left (Edward) had to have friends or other family, or someone to miss them.

Image Image
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

rings, excellent answer ~ as always!

ForJazz, I also think about Esme and what she left behind. Granted, it wasn't all happy, but she still would have been missed.

To expand on that topic a little further, how do you think its explained when someone is "turned"~there's no body, the person just disappears. What does the family think? Do they keep searching? Especially in Rosalie's case, and I believe Edward alludes to this in the "Unhappy Endings" chapter in Eclipse. As Rosalie is coming out of the transformation she hears Edward asking Carlisle something along the lines of "its Rosalie Hale, people will be looking for her" (sorry, I don't have the book here for the direct quote). But I've wondered about that since I first read it-did her family look for her? the police? Did the Cullens leave immediately after? (I would think so, but they would have to wait for her transformation to be complete...)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I thought Esme had already run away with her son when she jumped off the cliff. Maybe I am remembering wrong (Rings???).
Of course everything said about Rosalie, I think they would look for her. I know that the Cullens didn't leave right away because Rosalie went on a killing spree. Not sure what her parents would have thought about hearing news that their daughter was going around killing people.

I have one thing to say about the wanting to be human again. I think that Emmett and Alice were the only ones that never thought about it. Emmett enjoyed being a vampire too much and Alice had no memories. The only way that I think they would change would be if Rosalie and Jasper changed.

Rings and Who Needs Fangs - you really need to have a thread of Stump the Masters!!! :)
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

:twisted:

And you're right- Esme lost her child prior to jumping off the cliff.
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

^^^ Yeah, isn't that why she did it in the first place. It wasn't for recreational purposes (like Bella... sort of).

Random question - and I don't know if this has a valid answer or not - but what do you think the Cullens do with their houses when they move?

At first, I was thinking about the past, when Carlisle lived in Ashland and Chicago - and I figured they were probably sold. But I have a hard time seeing the Cullens moving on and just selling the Forks house. You know? Because I feel like it will happen eventually - they'll have to leave. Or they'll have to feign leaving and then never go into town.

Not to mention their current house is a little a) out of the ordinary and b) out of the way. How would you explain some of the crazy stuff they have in their houses (because I'm sure they had crazy stuff in prior houses - just time-period appropriate) to a realtor or potential buyer?

And they come back to areas sometimes. They had been in the NW before. I know they were in Hoquiam but, do you think they still have a house down there or were they living in the Forks home - except much older?

I know they have the money for it, but how would they be able to keep them from falling into disrepair? And how would you explain to the locals, the unoccupied house that never went on the market after the family left?
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Lacuna Scion wrote:^^^ Yeah, isn't that why she did it in the first place. It wasn't for recreational purposes (like Bella... sort of).

Random question - and I don't know if this has a valid answer or not - but what do you think the Cullens do with their houses when they move?

At first, I was thinking about the past, when Carlisle lived in Ashland and Chicago - and I figured they were probably sold. But I have a hard time seeing the Cullens moving on and just selling the Forks house. You know? Because I feel like it will happen eventually - they'll have to leave. Or they'll have to feign leaving and then never go into town.

Not to mention their current house is a little a) out of the ordinary and b) out of the way. How would you explain some of the crazy stuff they have in their houses (because I'm sure they had crazy stuff in prior houses - just time-period appropriate) to a realtor or potential buyer?

And they come back to areas sometimes. They had been in the NW before. I know they were in Hoquiam but, do you think they still have a house down there or were they living in the Forks home - except much older?

I know they have the money for it, but how would they be able to keep them from falling into disrepair? And how would you explain to the locals, the unoccupied house that never went on the market after the family left?
Personally I just feel they sell the homes when it is time to leave. One thing I think they do is that they leave for a generation or two - just to make sure that maybe who was alive when they lived there, no longer is.
Like when they live in Hoquiam in the 1930's give or take and then they left and did not return again until right around 2003. The house in Forks may just end up becoming their permanent home - they'll leave for awhile, maybe return periodically to keep the house up, live somewhere else until the generation that lived there when they did, dies off. But if not, they sell the house. Just a guess. *shrugs*
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict