General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by fanMNM »

I definitely considered the whole idea of families left behind wondering whatever happened to their loved ones once they were turned and were never heard from again. I guess Emmett's family would have accepted he was attacked out in those woods and died...and had been eaten or his body dragged into a cave by a wild animal so that's why they never found his body. But I would think it would be hard not to return and check in on family...I knwo the 1st yr would be too dangerous and Carlisle would have convinced them to stay away, but later on, I wonder if Emmett ever considered checking on them. Even Alice wondered about her niece...found out she was still alive. And Rose was super attached to her family so I would think she would want to at least check up on them. And I think her parents would definitely have searched and searched for her. With Esme, I think her family may have just accepted that she committed suicide after losing the baby, although I think they would upset with the hospital for losing her body!

The idea of the houses...I always assumed they just sold them once they were ready to move on. But Edward did mention once that real estate was a good investment, so maybe they kept the houses for that purpose? When they left Forks in NM, they didn't sell the house so maybe that's an indication of what they did with the previous ones as well. Perhaps they just travel back every once in awhile to maintain the homes, or hire caretakers, like they did for the house on Isle Esme.

Thank you Naureen!!
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

So... chatter over on the Illegal Activities board made me wonder... how does Carlisle's medical degree/license/whatever paperwork is required to be a doctor, work? Do you think that's forged? Is it addressed at any point in the saga?

I remember reading that Edward went to med school, and I *think* there was mention about how that helped keep Carlisle up-to-date in the medical field (so he's not like drilling holes in peoples heads and using leeches and crap).

Thoughts anyone?

Image Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Most likely, Carlisle's records are forged. That's probably the main reason why he doesn't display any certificates and the like in his office at the hospital.

I don't think they specifically mentioned it in the books. I believe both Edward and Rosalie have taken medical courses to help Carlisle keep current (if I recall, the Personal Correspondence said Edward has gone twice, and Rosalie once).
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

What would happen if a werewolf got bitten by a vampire?

And,

What would happen if a half-vampire got bitten by a full-vampire?
Would they just turn fully into one?
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA wrote:What would happen if a werewolf got bitten by a vampire?
We learn in Breaking Dawn that vampire venom is poison to werewolves- they will die instead of being transformed.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA wrote:And,

What would happen if a half-vampire got bitten by a full-vampire?
Would they just turn fully into one?
I can honestly say I have no idea. We know the venom scars vampire skin from Jasper...

Didn't we discuss this question before? I forget what the outcome was. Anyone?
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

We have indeed discussed what would happen before, but the reaction was split between her dying and her becoming a full vampire. I'm leaning towards the former, because, as you've pointed out, vampires don't react well to venom. I thought that the vampire genetics couldn't be transformed, and she'd be stuck in limbo until her body just gave up.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

That would be a good one for Stephenie Meyer to answer - seeing as how she made up the "rules" for these vamps and hybrids.

I figured that they kept the houses - at least for a while. I mean, think about how they returned to Forks between Ephraim and Jacob's generations. I believe the treaty lines remained the same. I think they came back to the same house. And when they left Forks for 6 months, they just left everything as is - they didn't put the house up for sale or anything. But maybe that is because Edward was the only one who really believed (for a while) that they wouldn't come back soon.

I too think Carlisle's records were forged. I think they would have had to keep someone like J.Jenks close to the family in order to go about their lives without interference for that long. Not just for the med records - but for social security #s, birth certificates, and driver's licenses.

Are the Hales always Hales? Or are they sometimes Cullens? Because sometimes Rosalie and Emmett are married...so then is Jasper the only Hale? Or does Rosalie keep that name? And why couldn't Jasper just Whitlock? Foster kids keep their full names all the time.

Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I don't see why they all just don't use Cullen.
It's easier and less confusion.
And Cullen sounds better than Hale

:D
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Maybe Rosalie insisted on using her full human name, and they thought it would be weird if she was the only one. I just don't see why all the kids didn't use their own names.

Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Esme, Eddie and Emmett are Cullen cause Carlisle changed them..
So Rose should be cullen too.

Alice and Jasper were both changed by different people.. so if anyone was going to have a different last name, it should be them.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart