General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Saga #4

Post by ForJazz926 »

Jadey wrote:Esme, Eddie and Emmett are Cullen cause Carlisle changed them..
So Rose should be cullen too.

Alice and Jasper were both changed by different people.. so if anyone was going to have a different last name, it should be them.
Does it say that somewhere? I know it doesn't in the books - just wondering where you got that. And considering it doesn't apply to the one family that we know the last names of, I am doubtful. I'll need proof to believe.

I always thought that it was just for show - part of their story.

Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

It doesn't say it anywhere..

I just thought thats how they decided their last name...
:S

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

ForJazz926 wrote:
Jadey wrote:Esme, Eddie and Emmett are Cullen cause Carlisle changed them..
So Rose should be cullen too.

Alice and Jasper were both changed by different people.. so if anyone was going to have a different last name, it should be them.
Does it say that somewhere? I know it doesn't in the books - just wondering where you got that. And considering it doesn't apply to the one family that we know the last names of, I am doubtful. I'll need proof to believe.

I always thought that it was just for show - part of their story.
It was just part of the 'front' for the humans. Rosalie & Jasper would play twins, adopted by their Aunt Esme and keeping Rosalie's true last name(also, I think Rosalie had a hard time with taking the Cullen name anyway-something like that) and everyone else would carry the name Cullen. It makes their story more plausible for the masses, if you will.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

^^^Yup. When Edward joined the coven it would've been weird for him to have a different last name. If he and Carlisle had the same name they could play it off like family.

Rosalie was so attached to her human life and so stubborn to start with that she kept her full name, Rosalie Hale. This is also the point where they start becoming "foster children" as opposed to siblings or whatever. Clearly, Esme and Carlisle are too young to have teenage children.

Then we have Emmett. He and Rose fall in love. So it would be weird if they were pretending to be siblings. And illegal in some states. So Emmett would be a Cullen so no one would think there was any blood (no pun intended) between them. That would just arouse more suspicion than was strictly necessary.

Alice and Jasper then come in to the picture. Again, both in love - so the same last name thing would still be weird. Since Jasper and Rose look alike he decided he'd just be her twin and therefore a Hale, for the sake of ease. That relegated Alice to Cullen status.

I thought about them changing their names when they got married but that would just cause more confusion don't you think? It's hard enough for them to get one name, let alone change it. Not to mention they go to school as married couples. People wouldn't assume they're married, they'd assume they're siblings and REALLY disturbing.

I think when Bella joins them in high school, she'll become a Hale - so she can still be with Edward. She'd be Rosalie and Jasper's little sister. And Nessie, she kind of gets to pick whoever she wants, huh? She could be Smith, or anything she wanted. I guess she'd be a Cullen or a Hale though. But if they all went to school at the same time Carlisle and Esme would have... seven children. Hm... maybe Edward and Bella will stay home and play mom and dad too for that generation :lol:
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
perfect.shade.ofblue
Wandering Through Town

Post by perfect.shade.ofblue »

ok, this is a very random/silly question....
But...

what do you reckon girl vampire's boobs are like?
I don't think they'll, ermmm, "jiggle" like normal boobs seeing as though they are meant to have bodies like granite, but isn't that a bit boring for the guys?
And would they even need bra's??

LMAO & SORRY FOR THE STUPIDNESS :lol:
Suddenly everything was on fire;
There was brilliancy,
There was beauty.

*Jacob can go LaPush himself off a cliff* - TEAM EDWARD

&
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Wow. I don't even know how to respond to that :lol: But don't worry about the randomness. Look at the top of page 3 of this thread. I asked what would happen if you put vampires in space... so yeah.

Well, from canon, we know that skin is still pliable. Edward's skin stretches over his knuckles when he gets angry. And I'm pretty sure that at some point in the novels that the Cullens move - I can't be sure though :lol:

I think the concept of their skin and muscle is hard to explain and therefore hard to understand. I think of as Mithril from Lord of the Rings (Frodo's vest from the Elves). It's pliable it can move and bend but it's indestructable. Obviously, to a certain extent, muscle mass is the same way. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to move.

I'm trying to think of a similar analogy in reality - I know there's one out there; I'll have to get back to you.

I believe bras would be superfluous since their muscles - although flexible - are inherently stronger. And they don't need to worry about aging, so their relative location stays the same too. As for Emmett, Edward, Jasper and Carlisle - and all male vampires in general - I think we need to remember that they are substantially stronger than your typical 20-something guy. So, that figures into the equation too.

Well, I never thought about that before. There's a first time for anything :lol:
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

perfect.shade.ofblue wrote:ok, this is a very random/silly question....
But...

what do you reckon girl vampire's boobs are like?
I don't think they'll, ermmm, "jiggle" like normal boobs seeing as though they are meant to have bodies like granite, but isn't that a bit boring for the guys?
And would they even need bra's??

LMAO & SORRY FOR THE STUPIDNESS :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Believe it or not, perfect.shade.ofblue, but I am sure that thought has been passed around before. How funny!
I would say that female vampire breasts are um, er, firm - they don't move. Granite hard like the rest of their bodies.
I for one would not mind that - hey, no more "sling shots" to wear. Whoo-Hoo!!!!!
Don't worry, you are not stupid, but your post was hysterical - I needed the laugh!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

navarre wrote:I would say that female vampire breasts are um, er, firm - they don't move. Granite hard like the rest of their bodies.
I don't think so. Think about the guys - and the way they are able to have intercourse. They aren't walking around with pitched tents all day - so their skin must move and stretch the same way a human's does. I agree with Lacuna Scion. I think their skin isn't like a statue, but the "granite" and "marble" analogy is used a lot because of the coldness and firmness of the skin. But Stephenie Meyer explains that her vampires have "fluids" that are similar to that of humans, only of a venomous nature. Instead of saliva they have venom, they have venom in their eyes, and they have something like blood holding their cells together. Their skin moves somewhat, but is wrinkle-free and ageless. Nice, huh? So I'm sure that while their boobs are perky, they do move. And vampires feel soft to each other, remember from BD?

Image Image
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

ForJazz926 wrote:
navarre wrote:I would say that female vampire breasts are um, er, firm - they don't move. Granite hard like the rest of their bodies.
I don't think so. Think about the guys - and the way they are able to have intercourse. They aren't walking around with pitched tents all day - so their skin must move and stretch the same way a human's does. I agree with Lacuna Scion. I think their skin isn't like a statue, but the "granite" and "marble" analogy is used a lot because of the coldness and firmness of the skin. But Stephenie Meyer explains that her vampires have "fluids" that are similar to that of humans, only of a venomous nature. Instead of saliva they have venom, they have venom in their eyes, and they have something like blood holding their cells together. Their skin moves somewhat, but is wrinkle-free and ageless. Nice, huh? So I'm sure that while their boobs are perky, they do move. And vampires feel soft to each other, remember from BD?
I agree with your theory.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Oh dear. I step away for a day and look what's become of the thread, lol. :lol:

First, the family names: I doubt that Bella would adopt the last name of Hale. She's not blond- she won't look at all related to Rosalie or Jasper because of that (pale skin and other vampiric trademarks notwithstanding). So it's possible she will keep her maiden name of Swan.

Nessie, being the "daughter of Edward's lost brother," could adopt the family name of Masen. She could also be a Cullen, the youngest foster child of Carlisle and Esme.

Second, the, ugh, "jigglies." (*ahem*) While they have really hard skin, it's only hard to non-vampires. Remember that vampires can hurt each other, piercing the flesh... So, to another vampire, their skin is probably as smooth and flexible as a normal human's skin. Which leads me to believe that, yes, they are not made of concrete. (*ahem*)

Third... "pitched tents." Sorry, I just about spit my soda out at that one. :lol: