1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with? I related to the part of Bella's starting a new school and not feeling like she fit in. Physically, we both have brown hair and pale skin. I know how she felt on her first day, too. Because of my up-bringing, I was only one of 2 girls in my public school who didn't wear pants- I got a lot of looks, kind of like Bella did on her first day, just because of who she was.
2. What were your first impressions of Renee and Charlie? Honestly, I don't like Renee; I think she needs to grow up a bit. She married and had a child before she was 20, and I think she missed her youth because of that... it forced Bella to take the role of adult a LOT sooner than she needed to. I'm not saying that it's wrong to do get married and have kids before 20; I just feel that Renee never found the balance in that phase of her life; then she married someone who was quite a bit younger than herself to maybe fill the void of the youth she would have had if she hadn't married Charlie and had Bella. Charlie is the kind of man who is quiet and reserved. I think he was happy to have Bella come live with him, but nervous at the same time. I think he sees alot of Renee in her, and it's obvious he loves Bella.
3. What were your first impressions of the friends Bella meets? Ugh- I can't stand Jessica! I like Mike and Angela, though. Mike's friendliness was a bit overwhelming at times, too.
4. Were you scared or intrigued by Edward? Intrigued!
5. What did you think of Edward's odd behavior? I was wondering what was going through his head! Honestly, I was reading the book so fast, I missed alot of stuff. I knew before hand that he was a vampire and that Bella's blood was the best thing he had smelled in his 80 years of abstinence, so I was just trying to figure out what he was thinking.
6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was? LOL- the preface had me hooked!!!