Preface

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ScreamingFanGirl
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Preface

Post by ScreamingFanGirl »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
I actually didn't think she was dying. Read below for explanation.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
Well, at first I thought it was going to be some kind of read-between-the-lines thing
I didn't think she was "dying", I thought that maybe Edward was getting hurt or something and it was killing her to watch. Like in New Moon when he was getting mind-zapped by Jane or whatever you call it, it was really killing Bella inside. So thats what I thought.
Skank Pack:Tay's Left Thigh/Tongue | Dork Squad | I'm on The List
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real? Here is my Sad but honest answer. I don't remember this part well. I never thought Bella would die. She is the Hero. Not an option.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about? I just don't remember. I have answered every single question from beginning to current and it felt like a link was missing if I didn't fill this out.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
acidRAYNE
Settled in Forks

Post by acidRAYNE »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real? Well duh Bella is in trouble, she always is. I though, like before, she would escape it.

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about? I honestly thought the wolves and the vampires would get into a fight, so I though Jacon was killing her.
ImageImageImage
loveuccs
Wandering Through Town

Post by loveuccs »

1. As usual, the preface hints that Bella is facing death. Did you think she would escape again, or did you think this time would be for real?
Bella took this fight from another perspective, she was hungry for the fight to begin so, that changed EVERYTHING!
I said "I knew this book was good but this is gonna be awesome"

2. Bella says that she loves the person killing her. Who did you think she was talking about?
I don't know, everything to me was upside down. This preface made me reed the book in 12 hours :?
It's too green. An alien planet!
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I thought it would be the end of her human life...

Unfortunately, this aspect of the book was spoiled for me. It was my own fault - after I started reading the series, I looked online at a list of characters in the saga. So when I read a particular name...I just about pulled my hair out because I realized I just spoiled BD for myself. I am still mad about that. So when I read the preface, I just felt like banging my head into a wall for wrecking the anticipation for myself.

Image Image
Sarahi
Settled in Forks

Preface

Post by Sarahi »

1. i don't understand why stephenie Meyer changed the preface a the end of the story. i mean it was a great, awesome preface and also when she changed it at the end but why did she change it? i don't understand. does anyone have any idea why she changed it? :mrgreen:
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

I thought she was human when she was in the preface. That and the theory of her escaping that death were the only things I got right. In every preface, there is danger. That is because of Bella. She's the danger magnet. But she just had to escape this one, or become a vampire.

I really didn't read between the lines. :) I thought Jacob would be hunting her. I already knew about Nessie, my friend, who read faster than me, had told me in a moment of "I'm-so-wrapped-up-in-telling-her-how-much-I-like-the-book-that-I'm-telling-her-the-biggest-event". And so I thought that, after she had Nessie, Jake would really be angry at her and hunt her down. I didn't know about how hard Nessie had been born, so I thought it had been like any other births. Silly me. Nothing is normal when you're a danger magnet. So with my theory, I thought that Jake would hurt her really badly and then Edward would turn her into a vampire.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I actually thought something major was going to happen - like someone was going to die because of her.
That maybe the transformation of her becoming a vampire ended up killing her :shock:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

SM never seemed like the kill-everyone-off-in-the-end kind of author. I was pretty sure she escaped.

I can't remember thinking about who it was the first time I read it... but we were probably supposed to think it was Jacob, right?

Image Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I was sure she was going to make it. She has gotten into a lot of trouble, but she's a survivor.

I was sure it was Jacob. I thought he had somehow snapped when the time for her transformation was upon them, and that he was hunting her down. I knew it would not be Edward, since in my mind, that could never happen. So that only left Jacob as the likely option based on what we knew at that point.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~