1. What were your first thoughts about Edward's age and human history? Were you creeped out at all that he was so very much older than she was?I didn't really think anything of it -- which, now that I think about it, seems strange. I guess I really think of them as being essentially the same age. I didn't think it was creepy at all -- Edward has had more life experience, but Bella is old for her age.
2. Edward tells Bella very little about the process of becoming a vampire. Why do you think he chose to keep this from her when he is being so very open about everything else?
Well... after having read The Book That Shall Not Be Named, I know that he is worried because of Alice's visions... but I really think he didn't want her to get any ideas about her future.
3. We learn that many vampires are gifted with supernatural traits. Stephenie has told us that vampires are drawn to special humans, and therefore when those humans become vampires, their special qualities are enhanced. If that is the case, I simply must ask the question everyone one of us has asked at some point. If Bella were to become a vampire, what would her trait be? And is it possible for her to not have any special trait at all?Well, I've read Breaking Dawn so... this question is easy. She would be able to protect others' minds from scary mental talents.
4. Edward lets it out that he's been watching Bella as she sleeps. Again, did this creep you out or make you fall even harder for Edward?Um... creeped me out a little (from Bella's perspective). It's one thing when she invites him to stay the night but it's weird that he snuck in.
5. Edward says two possibly conflicting things in this chapter. First, he explains that in the last few days, he has put mind over matter and has been able to control his thirst for her - that the temptation isn't as strong. He later says that he doesn't think it would ever be possible for them to have an intimate relationship because it would be too difficult for him to control himself. Do you think he's being honest with himself, or do you think he's just trying to protect Bella again?
I think he's being honest with himself. It's one thing to control yourself in regular moments, or when kissing. It's COMPLETELY different to try to control yourself when you're otherwise distracted!
6. Along those same lines, we learn that both Edward and Bella have never had a real relationship with another person before this. Many people have debated the issue of Edward's virginity, and that has been put to rest by Stephenie herself. Did you think that maybe Edward had been intimate before, he just hadn’t had a real serious relationship with anyone he loved, or did you get it right from the start that he was just as innocent as Bella was in this matter?
I understood it from the beginning. Although, as discussed elsewhere, I don't think Edward is as innocent as Bella b/c he can read minds & lives with a house full of sexually active vampires