Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Post by urcoolcarrie »

like so many other people have said, the talking really does the trick. if you just sit there and constantly talk 24/7, and tell them that you won't stop until they read it, eventually they will cave. thats what my friend did. so many people were talking about it, and she wanted to be in the conversation too.

now, i have a question. what if said friend ended up loving twilight, but refuses to read the rest of the series? then what do you do? i talk about it all the time, but nothing seems to be working. HELP!!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I would tell them little pieces of the later books (but dont give away the book!) and just say something like "Oh, sorry, you haven't read it." Make them feel excluded! lol. It's mean, but it works :lol:

Lol. But then if that doesn't work. Give them the evil eye until they read it! He he.
Alice_Jazz_17
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_Jazz_17 »

Well I kept bugging them until they started to read it, but then she kind of stopped reading it and went for her manga again... I'm trying to drag her away from the freakin manga!!!! (I mean like yes I like that stuff too but come on reading the same stuff over and over? besides Twilight... I would read that over and over). So I'm still bothering her about it! Other than that I bugged my guy friend about it until he finally read it and well he finished them all for all I know. He liked them and he now responds to Jasper!! :D :lol:
ImageBored... Bored... Bored... Bored... Oooooh shiny thing.... ooooh! *runs and grabs it and then runs away with it* You will never get it back...
Aline Mason
Settled in Forks

Post by Aline Mason »

Talking about it constantly got one of my friends to read it...
boatsandbirds<3
Settled in Forks

Post by boatsandbirds<3 »

eh...when i kept talking about twilight, my cousin got annoyed and said she would never read it. When i purposely left it at her house, she only read 6 pages. I told her that the first chapter is a little hard to get past, but she's still not interested. I don't know what to do. On the other hand, I got most of my friends to read twilight mostly by going onto the lexicon and leaving the browser open so they were curious about why i'd always be on the site. Oh yeah, and whenever something related to twilight pops up, i'd say "woah...this reminds me of twilight!" That also makes people more curious.

I guess the whole talking about twilight 24/7 only works on some people.
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg »

Change the covers on the books. They'll never know what they are reading. When they come to you saying: "Wow, this book is awsome!" you can be like "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

:D
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

K-Dawg wrote:Change the covers on the books. They'll never know what they are reading. When they come to you saying: "Wow, this book is awsome!" you can be like "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

:D
PERFECT!! hahahahahaha
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
deedeedork
Settled in Forks

Post by deedeedork »

Argh! I have tried everything with this girl! She just refuses to touch it! I mean, I see her after school everyday and I'm always either reading or cuddling Twilight, I NEVER shut up about it, and I make-fun of her for not reading it. Honestly, I've done EVERYTHING I can, for almost 2 years straight. She's not all that into fantasy or romance so she doesn't think she'll like it. But still, I know she will.

Oh, but I think she's about to cave because she is pretty desperate to be part of the "in crowd" at school, and right now almost everyone has read twilight and won't shut up about it.

On the other hand, this method worked on my best friend- run up to them about a minute before class starts, shove twilight in thier arms, steal every other book option they have for the day, and run off before they can come after you. *grins evilly* It totaly worked! And she thanked me for it later.
Apple
Wandering Through Town

Post by Apple »

well, what convinced me was this video:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=M7GPPO9U2Mc

i figured if this girl was willing to read the entire first chapter on video, it must be good. i bought twilight the day after seeing this video.
the welts of your scorn, my love, give me more
send whips of opinion down my back, give me more
well, its you i've waited my life to see
its you i've searched so hard for
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

GUN POINT!MWAHAHA :twisted:
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia