I have come to the Twilight Side....

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ravee
Settled in Forks

I have come to the Twilight Side....

Post by Ravee »

And never want to leave... I realize I am a little late to the party, but better late then never right?? I could go into how reading the entire Twilight Series in 4 days touched something within my mortal soul, but it might be a littl too early to be getting so deep. As I have become obsessed with Edward and Bella's story, I have spent numerous hours on SM site, and found mention of Lexicon.... so here I am. In light of this sudden supernatural urge, I resurrected an old nickname from when I first stumbled upon the Net. It had been MistressRaven, to highlight my dark curls and slightly dark ways. However, then I found out what "mistress" means to many, and apparently in my 20+ years of life (then), I was a bit naive... *blush*. So I dropped the "mistress" bit, and kept Raven, but everyone online shortened it to Rave or Ravee, and so here "I" am...

6 days ago, curiosity got the better of me. I had heard for so long about Twilight on my "mommy's board", that I decided to go research it a bit, and see what the buzz was about. I found SM site, and began reading how she came to write Twilight. As if that wasn't intriguing enough, I began reading the first Chapter. And that was it.... I was out the door at 9 o'clock at night, heading to Target in quest of this "Twilight" so many had spoke of. Once I returned home, I put the kiddos to bed and stayed up ALL night reading it... I was flushed, I was addicted and for the next 3 nights, I did not sleep. I consumed New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking dawn with same feverence and lust. I could. not. get. enough.... When I was done, I began searching SM site in depth for more I read all the outtakes, "extras", etc.. and then I found the draft of Midnight Sun. I can not tell you how hooked I am, and how I wish... hope she will finish Edward's point of view. It adds such depth to the story to see his thoughts, feel his feelings, and to know what was really going on... for him.

In any event, there is so much more time to get into all of that as I discover all the parts that are Lexicon. I started out with this Intro, with a rough draft going by the list of questions posted by Pel. But straight Q&A sessions have never really been my way, and I can get quite long-winded, so I guess I will leave at what it is... I am a 34 yr old mom, with a never fully quenched bloodlust for Twilight and *all* that that encompasses. I look forward to getting to know the rest of the "coven".
"For love is the heart's immortal thirst, to be completely known and all forgiven. ~ H. VanDyke "
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: I have come to the Twilight Side....

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed. We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal. :D

Make sure you check out the Newcomer's Guide. It will help you navigate the site. Meyer's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the Timeline was really interesting too.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Welcome to the lexicon! I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if you have a question or would like to chit chat.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! You will love it here. It’s a lot of fun meeting all the other happily Twilight-obsessed folks. Watch out – the Lex is highly addictive! ;-) For us *older* fans there are a couple of adult threads: Heavenly Hash and it’s big sister, The Gutter Girls & Co., and both can be found on the Flight to Phoenix forum. We also have a brand new thread for 30 somethings (also on Phoenix). Come see us!!

Be sure to read the stickys at the top of the threads for important information. Also make sure to check out the Newcomer's guide for easy site navigation.

See you around the boards!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
AlainaTwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by AlainaTwilight »

Welcome to the Lexicon!!!

I'm Alaina, feel free to PM me if you need anything, and I hope you have fun here. See you around the boards. :D
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Ravee
Settled in Forks

Post by Ravee »

Thanks everyone.... Elizabeth, I LOVE your avitar!!
"For love is the heart's immortal thirst, to be completely known and all forgiven. ~ H. VanDyke "
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Okay - I thought I read the series fast. I'm a late Twilighter also. However it took me 19 days to read the series. I will say that I did have a full time job which cut about 8-9 of reading time.

HOW did you read that fast? Are you a really fast reader?

Welcome here - it just sucks you right in!!!!

spookybell
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!