The Woes of Being Spoiled

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

The Woes of Being Spoiled

Post by Pel »

Have you ever been spoiled on the plot of a movie or book? Complain about it here.
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: The Woes of Being Spoiled

Post by BlueOrchid »

Sadly yes,

Harry Potter 6, I was spoiled with Dumbledore's death,

it kinda made me want to strangle the person who told me. :evil:
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

Me too. But I must say, I saw it coming in the first couple chapters but still. I saw sadddened it was ruined.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

The list of deaths in the entire Harry Potter series, which was, in all honesty, my fault. I didn't consider reading Harry Potter when I looked at it and since people had posted such things everywhere I thought "Why not? I'll just look at it for kicks." Yeah, I'd like to kick myself right now for doing that since I'm reading the series and have no real shock when someone dies. Doesn't mean I didn't cry when Sirius and Dumbledore died.... I would have broke down at the part of Dumbledore's funeral if it weren't for the fact my mom was in the room at the time.

Other then that, I can't think of anything right now. I'm actually the one who's bad for slipping things up about something to other people on accident. ^^'
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Kam-corder
Settled in Forks

Post by Kam-corder »

^^ Yeah I never though I would read HP so I let everyone tell me about it. :roll: I have since read all the books, I wasn't really bitter about the fact that I new how it ended because I figure I would've been spoiled anyway even if I had tried to block it out. Lol I actually grabbed DH out of my friends hand when it came out and read the epilouge just so I could say I knew how it ended and she didn't! I know I am so mean, but I didn't tell her don't worry.

I was actually at camp when DH came out and everyone was worried about getting spoiled, so this really cute little girl made paper ear-muffs that said "With these magical earmuffs I can't hear any of your HP spoilers!". Isn't that cute?
Elizabeth:There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing.
Jack:I love those moments! I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Will:This is either madness... or brilliance.
Jack:It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide.
mz.cullenn
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by mz.cullenn »

The Sweet Far Thing was spoiled for me.
I went on a A Great And Terrible Beauty thread and it was completely full of spoilers for the rest of the series.
When the topic was started though it clearly said, "Warn about spoilers in your posts"... I can see that that rule went out the window.
I was so upset though about what I read by accident. But, yeah. What can you do. Lol.
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN.

Proud Cullenist, Member of Alice House and Supporter of Team Edward, Baby!
-VMT Queen of Diamonds-

I LOVE ME SOME JASPER.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

(In respone to Kam-corder)

I forgot to mention I also looked at a spoiler on the epilogue of DH too, so I knew the end before I even knew the beginning of book one. I just thought it would be funny at the time because all these people were trying so hard to get to the end and to know what happens. Though I don't harbor much distaste; the story itself still has a lot of twist and turns, spoilers or no spoilers. That would be the opposite for me! My friends would do that to me before I would do it to them. Sometimes I get a little out of character. :twisted:

That is cute! I could never come up with anything like that! I'd probably make a sign out of paper and stick it to the back or front of my shirt before I could do something that creative!

I thought of one other spoil moment. My friend, who was the same one who got me to read Twilight, tried to spoil Chapter 13. She was reading it out loud and in this teasing voice while I was bouncing up and down whining for her to give it back. She started in the middle, so I didn't really figure it out, but she was still being a little devil for even remotely hinting a chapter I wasn't on.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
iloveawerewolf...
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveawerewolf... »

Grrrrrrr.
I won't say what I was spoiled on because it would be breaking Forum rules but I'll just say this.
I was spoiled on a big part in SM's newest book. (Which we all know what that is..hehe)
Stupid People. They got so into their convo they didn't even realize they were spoiling it for everyone else reading that thread where I was at. GAH.
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

I didn't even go near these forums till I was done with BD. I would have been really tempted to look at threads chock filled with spoilers.
Tegan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tegan »

I was spoiled with BD. I went onto the imdb looking for the Twilight movie script, and didn't realise that there was such a big uproar about the first 7 chapters on there :/