Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by obieewok »

I watched the commentary on the DVD and was thrilled when she said that Bella's wardrobe was going to get a makeover.

Can I hear an "amen"?
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

obieewok wrote:I watched the commentary on the DVD and was thrilled when she said that Bella's wardrobe was going to get a makeover.

Can I hear an "amen"?
That's very good news! I hated that green shirts. Ugh.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I actually liked some of her wardrobe - the coat she wore in the scene where she dropped her backpack in the kitchen was cute - the scene where she was like, "well it's your fault - you shouldn't have told her about the almost accident." And I loved her little jacket thing she wore on the way to the ballet studio, too. And honestly - with her cute little frame, she sure made "thermal under a little button-down" look cute. At least in the scene where the button-down was small and fitted - not the huge one she wore when washing the truck. Oh - and her mittens were adorable. Made her look like a little girl. Definitely didn't like the bowling shirt, though. I don't think Bella would have worn that - considering her favorite shirt was sleeveless with white eyelet lace.

Image Image
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

^^I, for one, was glad NOT to see the eyelet lace in the movie. What is she, 8 years old for pete's sake? Actually, I may have some eyelet and I'm decidedly NOT eight years old but I was still glad it wasn't in the movie.

The bowling shirt was awful, and I was wondering about the huge plaid shirt until I heard on the commentary that it was supposed to be a "shirt she borrowed from Charlie." Which makes sense, I totally borrow boy clothes when washing the car. Didn't come across in the movie that well, though.

Image Image Image
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

akire wrote:^^I, for one, was glad NOT to see the eyelet lace in the movie. What is she, 8 years old for pete's sake? Actually, I may have some eyelet and I'm decidedly NOT eight years old but I was still glad it wasn't in the movie.

The bowling shirt was awful, and I was wondering about the huge plaid shirt until I heard on the commentary that it was supposed to be a "shirt she borrowed from Charlie." Which makes sense, I totally borrow boy clothes when washing the car. Didn't come across in the movie that well, though.
Yeah - I got the impression that SM isn't that up with the style of the times, bless her heart. Eyelet lace = blech. I am glad it wasn't in, too. And glad that the khaki skirt and ponytail stayed away as well. Going to church is not hot, and I am thinking that she had to look DAYUM good in that dark blue v-neck for Edward to react the way he did to that outfit - he had to be looking past the skirt, I think.

I liked Bella's wardrobe for the most part, with the exception of the bowling shirt, the hippie top, and the yicky pjs. She could have looked cute without looking provocative in those bed scenes. A more fitted wife-beater, maybe. Thank god they didn't put the "holey t-shirt and sweats" thing in. I did like her coats, jackets, and thermals.

Image Image
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I didn't mind her wardrobe too much. The only thing that I didn't like was the bowling shirt she wore the 1st day of school. It was just kind of weird & a really ugly green. Oh and those short shorts (at least that's what I hope they were) in the bedroom/kiss scene were insane! The least they could have done was have her wear sweats like what she does in the book so it doesn't look so umm I can't think of the right word but terrible will work. (But I guess you can't blame her too much. They have wardrobe people that help pick the stuff out.) It mentions in the movie companion book that they wanted her to start out dressing kind of tomboyish & then as she gets to know the Cullens and gets put in their world she goes more feminine. And they did do a good job with that for the cute jacket she wears in the meadow/reveal, and also the hotel & ballet studio scenes. And then of course Alice getting her the dress for prom.

There were a couple scenes that I thought her reaction or lack thereof wasn't very Bella like. And I don't know if it was the script, editing, directing, or really Kristen but I wish they had more Bella like reactions. (For example when she finds out Edward had been watching her sleep & when Mike talks about you & Cullen hu?) But other than that I think she did a good job as Bella. It'll be interesting to see her as a depressed, zombie like in NM.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

ForJazz926 wrote: Yeah - I got the impression that SM isn't that up with the style of the times, bless her heart. Eyelet lace = blech. I am glad it wasn't in, too. And glad that the khaki skirt and ponytail stayed away as well. Going to church is not hot, and I am thinking that she had to look DAYUM good in that dark blue v-neck for Edward to react the way he did to that outfit - he had to be looking past the skirt, I think.

I liked Bella's wardrobe for the most part, with the exception of the bowling shirt, the hippie top, and the yicky pjs. She could have looked cute without looking provocative in those bed scenes. A more fitted wife-beater, maybe. Thank god they didn't put the "holey t-shirt and sweats" thing in. I did like her coats, jackets, and thermals.
So glad you said that about SM as I've been thinking that for a while! Bless her heart indeed. The long khaki skirt. Weren't we wearing those in like... 1992? Or earlier??

KStew's jackets were def cute -- love the one she wore in the beach scene.

Image Image Image
mizzou
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mizzou »

i did not like that shirt she wore when she was invited to lapush. lol i was like wtf? haha
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

I loved most of her wardrobe. It was mosyly pretty....except the bowling shirt. Kristen even had a say on it!!! Well, the colour, but...STILL!!! I know they were going for earth tones but that green and the shirt just totally did it for me.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

pennybug84 wrote:I didn't mind her wardrobe too much. The only thing that I didn't like was the bowling shirt she wore the 1st day of school. It was just kind of weird & a really ugly green. Oh and those short shorts (at least that's what I hope they were) in the bedroom/kiss scene were insane! The least they could have done was have her wear sweats like what she does in the book so it doesn't look so umm I can't think of the right word but terrible will work. (But I guess you can't blame her too much. They have wardrobe people that help pick the stuff out.) It mentions in the movie companion book that they wanted her to start out dressing kind of tomboyish & then as she gets to know the Cullens and gets put in their world she goes more feminine. And they did do a good job with that for the cute jacket she wears in the meadow/reveal, and also the hotel & ballet studio scenes. And then of course Alice getting her the dress for prom.

There were a couple scenes that I thought her reaction or lack thereof wasn't very Bella like. And I don't know if it was the script, editing, directing, or really Kristen but I wish they had more Bella like reactions. (For example when she finds out Edward had been watching her sleep & when Mike talks about you & Cullen hu?) But other than that I think she did a good job as Bella. It'll be interesting to see her as a depressed, zombie like in NM.
Really?
I thought the shorts were HOT.
They added to the steaminess of the scene.