Chapter 10: Why didn't I... Becasue I'm an idiot.

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 10: Why didn't I... Becasue I'm an idiot.

Post by Alphie »

First off, the chapter title is too long for the subject line! I had a feeling that would be a problem. And second of all, lots of thanks to love2dream for her help with the questions!

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer?

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected?

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born?

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Chapter 10: Why didn't I... Becasue I'm an idiot.

Post by debussygirl »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer? It would to me if they weren't married. But they are. So it's not reasonable.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected? It would have muddled everything up. Jacob and Edward would feel unsatisfactory about the relationship and Bella would've gone into more self-destructive narration.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born? It seemed perfectly logical to me--I never doubted the plan.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby? I wanted to kill him. :evil: I was ready to jump in that book and save the baby.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer? I loved that edward did this. it shows that he loves bella so much that he doesnt care if she sleeps with another man and has his children. as long as she's alive and happy....that's all he's ever wanted.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected?I think they're relationship would have suffered, most definitely. They wouldn't belong to just each other anymore. Edward would probably feel insecure all the time, and sad.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born?
I kind of figured that'd happen.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby?
I thought it was reasonable and justified.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer?
Ummm yes, Edward would do anything to keep her alive, and to keep her happy.. and if a child is what she wanted then ofcourse Edward would do anything. I'm not sure that Bella would want to have Jacobs child. But I do think it's reasonable. But Edward having to look into the eyes of a child that wasn't his.. his whole life.. and the child will always remind him of this situation.. and to think of Jacob being that intimate with Bella.. I couldn't stand having Edward be reminded of all that. Bella would never agree to it anyway. She wanted the child that was already inside her, and I don't think anyone could change her mind.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected?
Edward's and Bella's relationship would be affected greatly because they would have a child that wasn't both theirs. Bella would later be upset because she would've rather had the child with Edward.. and they'd both have the reminder of Jacob in the child, and so Jacob would always have the right to be around Bella because of the child, and Edward can't do anything about it.. which would cause conflict between them two. And ofcourse Bella's and Jacobs relationship would be awkward, because they had a child together.. but Bella would still want to be with Edward, and then Jacob would use the excuse of having the child together.. to get closer to Bella. In the end, I don't think she should accept this offer, it would cause too much conflict.

I thought it would work, but then I wasn't sure if she would still want the baby afterwards.. or that she'd want to kill it.. but any idea of Bella becoming a vampire made me excited ;)

I was so damn furious, he didn't even know the child, he didn't even think about how it would affect Bella or Edward.. or Jacob. Jacob knew Bella wanted this child.. so Jacob probably wouldn't want to upset her after all this.. and Sam knew that. I understand that they didn't know what this thing was gunna turn out like, but still, even thinking about killing an unborn child is just sick. I thought they should of at least waited until it was born to make a decision.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

I don't think it was a reasonable offer. It would have hurt everyone involved. It especially wouldn't be fair to Jacob. He loves Bella. He would be as physically close to her as possible, a moment he has fantasized about, sharing a private and intimate moment, only to have Bella go back to Edward, her husband. It wouldn't be fair to Edward, knowing his wife was intimate with another man, a man who could give her something he can't. Plus who's child would it be? Would it be Jacob's because he it the father of the baby, or would it be Edward's, because he is the baby's mother's husband?

It would have put a strain on their relationship. They wouldn't break up, but their relationship would change. Everyone would have been affected by their relationship.

I think she wasn't thinking clearly. Just like the Cullen's depend on Alice's visions too much, she depended on the fact that Edward could save her more than she should have. She didn't seem to think of the possibility that he might not get there in time.

Sam was doing what he felt best to protect his tribe and everyone else. He had no idea what it was. It wasn't like it was a human baby. He was scared.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

No, he was only doing it because he was so scared she was going to die.

I don't want to even think about this, it's too scary.

I liked her idea but it worried me a little, what if the venom didn't work in time?

Sick to my stomach, like I usually am when anything bad happens in these books.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I wouldn't call it reasonable, but I can understand that he did it. It is a crazy idea, but Edward was also dangerously close the loosing his mind at that this point. He was sick with worry, and would do absolutely anything to save Bella's life. So I understand that would make the offer. There is nothing he wouldn't do for Bella. Him answering Jacobs thoughts: "Whichever. Whatever keeps her alive.", says it all. He would give her the chance to have a baby, he would even let Jacob have all of her...He was so crushed at this point.

It would have a serious effect on Bella and Edward's relationship. Jacob's child would always be there to remind them of what she had done, that she had been intimate with Jacob. But I do think that they would have stayed together forever anyway, since their relationship is just so strong. I also think Bella's relationship with the baby would have been affected. I think she would have always wanted it to be Edward's child, and always think about what could have been. So even if she would have loved her child, she would have missed the one that she lost. It would strain the relationship between Bella and Jacob. Them a child together, but still Bella would be with Edward. It would be very difficult. And lastly it would affect the already strained relationship between Edward and Jacob.

A good idea in theory. But I was afraid that there wouldn't be enough time. If the baby suddenly broke most of her bones and she started to loose a lot of blood, there would only be a matter of seconds before her heart would stop. So they would have to act very fast for that to work, since her heart had to keep beating for the venom to work.

I was angry. A sudden attack would be unjustified. The Cullens had not broken the treaty. The treaty did not mention anything about them having children. And so they were not justified to plan an attack. And sacrificing Bella, would make them no better than the ones that are killing humans. And anyway, they should wait until the baby is born and see what happens. I was hoping that Jacob would be able to ignore Sam's order at this point. Jacob was the only one that could stop this.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

I don't think it was reasonable, but I don't think it was unreasonable. He was very, very worried about Bella and was desperate for a way to make her okay. He probably thought this was the best possible way for everyone. From Edward's point of view, however crazed, it is very reasonable. But from everyone else's it is a little less than sane.

I think almost every relationship throughout the book would have been affected and changed. I mean, first off, I think it would drastically change things for Edward and Bella. Edward may think that he would be able to stand it and go through with it, but in reality, I don't think he could. It would put them in serious strain, and maybe even ruin it for them... especially with Edward being able to read Jacob's mind. It would just be too hard on them. And if it ruined things between Edward and Bella, or even just changed a little, it would somewhat change her relationship with the rest of the cullens. And things would obviously be much different between Jacob and Bella, and with that change comes a whole bunch of different relationships with the rest of the wolves on the res and Billy, too.

Of course it sounded like a good idea, but once you get thinking about it, it was flawed. A lot of things could go wrong. At this point, it was pretty obvious that this birth was going to be a lot different than a human birth... there could be a lot more pain and a lot more blood. I thought of a lot of worst-case-scenarios. In the end I figured, there maybe wouldn't be time or something like that... but they were probably going to have to try it any way... it was kind of their last hope.

To be quite honest, I was disgusted. It would be completely unjustified until they knew for sure that there was indeed a reason to attack. They wanted to attack with just a glimmer of a possibility that there might be a reason for a fight, not with any real evidence. That they would attack the Cullens so blindly was really dispicable. And that they would kill an innocent child who had done absolutely nothing wrong... the idea of that rubs me the wrong way, immortal maybe-dangerous child or no... so I was pretty upset with Sam at this point.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Alice Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice Fan »

I don't think that this was reasonable because Edward was willing to do anything for her, yes, but gave Jacob false hope. I don't think that that was fair.

It would have had some tension and maybe bring on a different outcome in the end.

I think that she was overconfident. Sure, it did work in the end, but it was a little bit messed up to think like that.

I thought that he was being loyal to the real leader, the real Alpha, of the pack.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer? I don't think it was necessarily a reasonable offer. But I can understand why Edward would do it. He is going crazy and (probably) blaming himself yet again for put Bella in danger & maybe killing her.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected? It would be changed a lot. He wasn't thinking straight when he came up w/this solution and probably didn't think past just saving her life. I don't think he would really have been able to handle it & would be weird/sick to have your wife be w/someone else to have kids. Edward & Jacob's would just be weird.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born? I thought she was probably too confident and relying too much on the change to save her.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby? I was a little shocked at first but it's very understandable. No one knows what is going to happen, not even the Cullens and he just wants to protect his tribe & the people around that area.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson