Allergies

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
manda87
Settled in Forks

Re: Allergies

Post by manda87 »

Im not used to having allergies, i lived on the west coast for a long time where its just dry dessert air that never bothered me, but i now live on the east coast and it just sucks! I think its all the plants and trees right outside my bedroom window, around my eyes are all red and the skin is really dry (i know it sounds gross!) my doc told me to take claritin (or i forget the name of the other one) but it makes me feel really weird and loopy and i deff. cant take it at work! Does anyone have any suggestions on what i could do to make the redness go away? Its starting to look like im on drugs or something.
"To every word of love I heard you whisper, the raindrops seem to play a sweet refrain.”
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i was a late bloomer in the allergy department. i developed hay fever (a.k.a. seasonal allergies) when i was 17 and then it just went downhill from there. i developed an allergy to cats, dogs, mold, feathers, trees, certain flowers, perfumes and grass. oh yeah, and penicillin. penicillin makes me die.

pel i feel your pain. i woke up from a nap one day and my right eye was so swollen that i couldn't close it and my eyeball looked like it was trying to squeeze itself out of its socket. it was gross and it really freaked me out. the people at the hospital just laughed at me and gave me some mighty powerful eyedrops.
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

Allergies BITE (no pun intended).
I am allergic to almost any animal you can name unless it is a reptile or amphibian, I'm even allergic to cockroaches -_-. I'm also allergic to pollen, and lagooms. Not to mention I have asthma which is set off by my allergies...JOY. (heavy sarcasm...if you didn't realize ;) )
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

The only alergies i have are to my horse. I'm sensative to his hair/skin.sweat. When I brush him w/o gloves on I get pumpy...and the same happens if I'm riding w/o a saddle and im wearing shorts.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Fanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Fanpire »

Just hay but it's not really that bad...my mom has it worse
Luna Silvertail
Wandering Through Town

Post by Luna Silvertail »

I'm allergic to silver. The additive in it just eats though my skin. I have to be very careful with rings, bracelets, and watch-backings (stainless steel). If not, I get a nasty, itchy, and painful rash. Thankgod for white gold... for I like my silver-colored jewelery. :lol:
Oh yeah? Well, I bit the werewolf back!
lgreen35
Settled in Forks

Post by lgreen35 »

hello all,
That is too bad about being allergic to your horse, must be tough to give him enough attention.

For the one who posted about the trees and stuff outside the window, have you tried sleeping in a different room? Even is just for a week to see if it is better for you?

Or you may want to try.......air purifier
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

I'm allergic to latex. I get all itchy, red. When I was working at the pediatric office I use to wear latex gloves (that was before I knew) and I would get red and didn't know why then I started itching I was like oh I know what this means. My arms even got all swollen it was awful.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i have really nasty allergies Mountain Cedar is the worst for me.. and cotton wood trees..
my food allergies is Eggplant and bananas cooked.. not raw(never tried eggplant raw though) normally my mouth just gets itchy but i had eggplant parmigiana 3 days ago and i hadnt eaten it in like 2 years.. My mouth swelled up my throat felt like i swallowed hot oil, i broke out in hives on my face and chest and arms.. when i realized what was happening i ran upstairs and downed a shoot load of childrens benadryl then called my husband.. i thought i was gonna have to call 911.. probably would have died if i didnt reacted so quickly.. no more eggplant for me! :mrgreen:
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Vampire.Bunny
Lusting for Blood

Post by Vampire.Bunny »

Just pollen

but one of my friends is allergic to water
that would suck
ImageImage