1. Alice tells Bella that the family will do what it takes to protect her because no one wants to look at Edward for the next century should Bella die. How do you feel about this line now that you have read New Moon and know exactly how Edward would react were Bella ever to die?
I think she didn't want Bella to know what he would really do. She would try to stop him, and the others would have to grab him so he couldn't get away. They wouldn't let him kill himself, though how they would manage it I'm not sure. But since he was so much in pain for that one day in New Moon...he would never have gotten over it, and the others would have felt so horrible. They wouldn't be able to look at him or talk to him or anything....and that's if they got him not to die, which I seriously doubt would be possible.
2. Jasper talks more in this chapter than any other chapter. What things do we learn about his character from the way he reacts to Bella? Were you ever afraid of him during this chapter?
I wasn't afraid of him. He was just being careful. He shows that he cares about Bella too. He cares just as much as the others (except Rose..) and he is so perfect with Alice, how could you be afraid of him? He knows her so well and when she has visions, he's right there helping her.
3. This is the first time we learn that the vampires are venomous. What was your reaction to this news and did it make you think twice about the fact that Edward had kissed Bella?
I didn't think it was really news...I somehow just figured that when they changed they were bit, and something changed them right? I thought that was all implied, it wasn't really surprising. It never did make me rethink when they kissed.
4. Why do you suppose Edward has been so adamant about not telling Bella how someone becomes a vampire?
He didn't want to give her too much information, because he didn't want that for her. He wouldn't let her know that because he knows she would be like 'Oh, change me!'
5. Alice has a vision of the dance studio and the proceeds to question Bella about any reasons why she might go there. It seems to me that Alice saw Bella at the studio. Why didn't Alice clear this up for Bella by explaining to her that she shouldn't go to the studio?
She was probably confused, because Bella didn't know she would be going yet. Bella didn't even know anything about it until the phone call. Alice should have explained more and Bella should have asked more about Alice's visions to prevent what happened. Alice didn't think Bella would ever manage to go there, and doesn't see why she would, so she doesn't worry and concentrates on the tracker. She also probably didn't trust Bella with the knowledge, and never expected her to go of her own accord.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa