Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by pennybug84 »

reading Twilight wasn't really changed it in the fact that I've always leaned more to & read ya books. I seem to like them more than most adult books. And I usually read what's recommended to me. (I read Twilight because it was recommended by my sister-in-law & now I'm addicted! So I decided I can blame her.) Now the fact that I have to force myself to read other books so I don't read any of the saga, then yes it has affected my reading habits!

I bought "The Hunger Games" the other day & plan on reading it soon. I just have to finish what I'm reading now. I'm glad to hear others liked it. The only reason I thought about reading it was because SM suggested it. So in the future if I like THG I'll probably read anything she suggests. And I'll read anything that she writes in the future.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I also read the hunger games because Stephenie Meyer suggested it. I'm glad I did, it was really good and I can't wait for the next one.

I do read other books, so reading twilight hasn't made me not want to read other books, but I don't think any vampire/werewolf books will live up to twilight. I don't think the vampires will appear 'realistic'.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

I don't think that Twilight has changed my reading habits. I still read the same books that I've always read. It just takes forever for me to read them. I usually end up reading one of the books from the Saga again. I just can't stand to be away from the characters for that long. So I'll start a book get a quarter of the way through it and then have to read Twilight, or New Moon again. Which is what I'm doing now. I'm reading Wuthering Heights. I got about a hundred pages in. Literally I'm almost to the part where Heathcliff talks about drinking the other guys blood. And I started reading New Moon because I needed a Jasper fix. Now why I chose New Moon, I have no idea. But yea.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I still like the same books as I did before reading Twilight. But..I just don't seem to get around to reading other books these days. Since I first read Twilight and the three following books, I have not finished another book. I have started reading other books, but I end up wanting to read the saga so bad that I just give in to it. So basically I have just read the saga over and over again, since I do a lot of reading. Currently I'm on Breaking Dawn again. Maybe when I'm finished with that, I'll be able to get through a whole other book. Maybe..
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

In a way, yes.

I don't read vampire books before Twilight, after reading the Twilight saga, I seldom want to pick up vampire books because I will tend to compare them and it wouldn't be fair.

I think Twilight is the first book I read that has romance in it, before that, it was action/fantasy for me. Now, I'm more into the romance genre rather than others.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
twimaia
Settled in Forks

Post by twimaia »

Twilight didn't so much as change my reading habits, but enhanced them. I've always been a big reader, but now I read a book a week, on average. I think part of it was Twilight reminded me how much I really enjoy reading and part of it is that I keep searching for the feeling of complete satisfaction that Twilight gave me (to be honest, I have found some!). On the other hand, I now put books down' that I'm not really into. They're not worth my time...there's too much good stuff out there!
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Yup. Im just un-interested in anything else.
Everything else is crap compared to this series.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Jadey wrote:Yup. Im just un-interested in anything else.
Everything else is crap compared to this series.
I completely agree! :lol:
Harry Potter isn't bad though!

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I haven't noticed any change in my reading habbits, except that I read more teen romancy chick-lit than I ever did before. Actually until I started on the Saga I never even looked twice at those books and mocked those who read them. I've always been a sci-fi, fantasy, horror, suspense girl (why did I read Twilight you ask? The magic word: Vampires) and while at first I was thuroughly annoyed to be tricked into reading the same kinds of books I always hated I found I can stand romance in small doses. But nope, I still squeeeeeee with delight whenever a new Den of Shadows book comes out. Although I have noticed that I can't read historical fiction as much anymore. Well I can but I always seem to see it through a Cullen's eyes if it's the right time period and random errant thoughts like "I wonder if Rosalie ever wore a dress like that" make it very hard to keep up with the story. But I do try.

If you'll excuse me, I have a Dark Reflections book calling my name...............
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

i do have to say it did, starting in 7th grade, i got on this huge kick of only reading more realistic books since id pretty much only read fantasy up until that point, but then before 8th grade i started reading the uglies series and it brought me back into a hint of futuristic unrealism but it only lasted until i finished the series, i got back into the real world until i picked up twilight, it was the perfect change of tempo from the real world
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~