Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by akire »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
spicey16 wrote:not really an inside joke... but my dad totally did the shot gun thing when i was dating! :lol:
i love when charlie draws his "halo", but the best inside joke is probably "i leave you alone for one min. and the wolves descend"!!
The halo drawing, made him look mentally unstable. The whole theatre was like 'wtf?'
See, the little things like the halo-drawing are why I love Charlie so much in the movie (even more than in the book, at times) and why in the commentary CH is always talking about him stealing the scene. :) He's hilarious!

Image Image Image
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

akire wrote:See, the little things like the halo-drawing are why I love Charlie so much in the movie (even more than in the book, at times) and why in the commentary CH is always talking about him stealing the scene. :) He's hilarious!
I totally love Movie Charlie. Very endearing. I don't care what they left out - I think Billy Burke really nailed it on the head. All of his scenes were priceless and captured the exact feel of what Charlie would be going through.

Image Image
akire

Post by akire »

ForJazz926 wrote: I totally love Movie Charlie. Very endearing. I don't care what they left out - I think Billy Burke really nailed it on the head. All of his scenes were priceless and captured the exact feel of what Charlie would be going through.
And the father/daughter relationship between him and KStew feels totally natural on screen. Esp the moment where he's like "Do you still have the pepper spray I gave you?" and she's all "Yes, Dad!"

Image Image Image
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

And the part in the hospital where he's giving Tyler a hard time - he was great.

Image Image
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

This is more between the actors but, when Emmett and Edward crash into each other in the baseball scene and Rob (because it's definitely not Edward :lol:) flipped Kellan off.

I also thought it was hilarious that Kellan was almost always eating. :lol: I don't think it's a joke so much as a testament to his love for food. But it's still funny.

-Rose
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Actually Edward/Rob doesn't flip off Emmett/Kellan he snaps

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I know - Kellan likes to eat. Rob's commentary is so funny about that. "Right here I'm talking about how much I hate cookies. Guys, didn't you read the book? We aren't supposed to be eating!"

Re: the flipping off...I thought that Rob did admit that he was flipping him off, but they expected the scene to get cut? It seemed like there were a few of those...that CH just didn't get around to taking out. Ooops!

Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I love Billy as Charlie.

When Bella ran off.. I burst into tears cause he was like, "I just got you back :cry: "
and he was standing at the door when she drove away.

I was like.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :( :cry: :cry:

AND ROB DOES PULL THE FINGER AT KELLAN OKAY? JEEEEZ
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I love Charlie, too - he did such a good job. And actually I think Kstew did a great job during that scene. I know she was wondering if she pulled it off, but I thought she TOTALLY got across the fact that Bella didn't want to say those things to Charlie...but kind of geared herself up for it in order to save him. I think that may be one of her best scenes.

Image Image
akire

Post by akire »

elizabella wrote:Actually Edward/Rob doesn't flip off Emmett/Kellan he snaps
There's actually been some debate about it round these parts... there's a YouTube that slows the whole thing down and shows Rob pretty much does flip Kellan the bird (who's got the link?). I myself prefer not to think about it. ;)

Image Image Image