Gen X---The Thirty-Something Thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen X---The Thirty-Something Thread

Post by BlueStarlight »

CONGRATULATIONS, DIMBER!!!! *does spastic happy dance* All your hard work has paid off! Now you can relax and do what you love!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Congratulations Dimber!!!!! - That wonderful and I bet you are glad that it's all over with. Now you can relax and have some additional free time on your hands.

Welcome to the new Gen Xer's, Julie and Heather. I know I'm late with the welcome but better late then never right?

I can't believe how crazy the weather is being. First we have a cold front, then a warm front, rain, no rain, etc. but thank God no snow. I wish Spring would actually make an appearance and decide to stay. I need to get rid of the Winter blues.

Hope everyone is well.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Congratulations Dimber!!!! Shall we call you Dr. Dimber now? :D Way to go!!!

The weather is insane. Yesterday it was 84, sunny, lovely (okay...a little too hot since I was running around a job site in all black, but oh well). Today is predicted to be a high of 72 with a 70% chance of rain. Tomorrow is supposed to have a high of 62 with more rain. Oh, and by Sunday, we're back in the 70's. Strange!! But I guess since I'm in Cali, you guys in the middle and on the east will know another low pressure zone is heading your way.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Thanks Una, Skylarblue and Blue Starlight...I don't think I'll ask anyone to call me Dr. I'll have to sign as Dr in conferences or papers to be published because it's kinda mandatory but it makes no difference for me outside the university. As I wrote on FB, I'm the same ole idiot :lol: Yesterday I was about to buy (but I guess I'll buy it today) a Scooby-Doo t-shirt...my mom said I'm hopeless :lol:

The weather is being insane here as well. We pass from rain to sun within minutes and you never know if the temperature will go up or down during the day. And that is awful when you have to decide what to wear for the day...I'm choosing what I call multi-layer clothing: a series of tees and shirts you can pull on/off according to the weather. To celebrate the positive result of the defence I bought a hippy-style long-sleeved t-shirt yesterday: bell shaped sleeves, a long and pointy hood and a million of printed coloured bubbles. Since it's long-sleeved I hope I'll have some weeks to wear it before it's too hot...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Congratulations Dimber. What a relief to have that done. I love that you are still a "kid". We don't have to be grown up in all areas of our life, do we :D !

Welcome Julie and Heather! We are 30 something and still fan girls/boys. This is one of the few places I have found that people don't look at me strange about my Twilight obsession. You aren't looking at me strange are you? *bac looks around with shifty eyes*

We've had crazy weather as well. It must be in the air :lol: .

Question of the Day: What do you like to do to exercise?
by Laniyeah on photobucket
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

QQotD: Bac, great question...especially because now that I'm free I can begin to exercise again. I usually like tough stuff: boxe, rugby, martial arts. But since you need a lot of time to do them properly when I'm busy I usually do fit-boxe. it's that kind of boxe where you fight against a punch ball. What I love about this kind of tough activities is the energy you must put in them: you can throw away all your stress and negative thoughts...it's just so emptying, in a positive sense, of course.
I'm thinking about joining the club of medieval sword-fighting next year...I guess it's tough and demanding enough for my taste. Believe me, I've just tried aerobics and that kind of stuff but I just suck in that kind of exercises :lol:

Oh, just to go on with chitchats...yesterday I got my hair cut and chemically stretched. Since I didn't have any special occasion (I'd already defended my thesis) I just asked the girl to drip-dry them. Last night they were ok but, guess what? this morning I woke up and when I looked in the mirror I realised I look like the far-shorter dark version of Eric in HBO's True Blood...gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Dimber - CONGRATS! What a wonderful accomplishment.

QOTD: I usually hit the gym and take group fitness classes. My favorites are Body Combat (a cardio kick-box/punching class), Body Step (a step class) and Body Jam (a cardio dance class - by far my fav). Unfortunately the gym canceled day care during certain times so I can't do the step class right now - that is when I burned the most calories. I'll also hit the eliptical trainer. I used to run, but haven't in a few years (unless I'm away from home and can't go to my gym). I may start back up this summer.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Dimber I'm sure your hair looks great!

Great question Bac! I love to do yoga and the water aerobics class at my gym. I haven't been though in six months. I must get off my butt... I also love to take walks, especially with my dog. I haven't done that in a while either. Now that it is Spring though, it's the perfect time to get back out there. I also do enjoy the elliptical and rowing machines at the gym.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Woo, good QOTD! I walk/run 4.5-5 miles on the treadmill Monday-Friday. I started out just walking, but this week I've implemented running (fast jogging actually ;) ) for 4 minutes at a time, which is a huge deal for me. I've finally lost enough weight that it doesn't hurt badly to jog. I also have Denise Austin's Daily Dozen fitness video...it's 12 exersizes in 12 minutes. As I am starting from nothing, 12 minutes is enough to get my heart pumping, and I'm tired at the end!

Happy Good Friday!!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Dear friends,

Easter is here and, in spite of the joy of the last days with the PhD and the new house and all the rest, I'm not in the mood to celebrate. In two days I got such bad news sufficient to grieve me for many months. A dear uncle died two nights ago and we just discovered that my grandad is severy ill. I'm really devastated...I canceled my trip to Barcelona to spend Easter with the relatives who live here in the North of Italy. I know things like these happen in everybody's life but everything was going so well I didn't expect such a thing.

I'm really sorry to grieve you with such bad news but I needed to vent...I'm sure I'll be back to my usual cheering and party mood soon.

I wish all of you a happy Easter!!!! Don't eat/drink too much and enjoy your time with the people you love most!!!!!