General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by Stacia »

CantBreathe wrote:Oh boy, so many good ones listed here, but I have a new one!

Twilight, pg. 314
"You were very deeply asleep; I didn't miss anything." His eyes gleamed. "The talking came earlier."
I groaned. "What did you hear?"
His gold eyes grew very soft. "You said you loved me."
"You knew that already," I reminded him, ducking my head.
"It was nice to hear, just the same."
I hid my face against his shoulder.
"I love you," I whispered.
"You are my life now," he answered simply.

Eeek! That is one of my favorites, too! :D
Here are some of mine, in no particular order.....
In Eclipse, page 95. It's very short, just a note...as Edward leaves to go hunting with his brothers he leaves a note on Bella's pillow for when she wakes up...
"I'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss me. Look after my heart - I've left it with you"....ugh! How freakin' sweet & adorable is that!? I love that last part!

Then, in Twilight, pages 362-363, how Edward is "tampering with Bella's mind" (messing with her heart, more likely! lol)...It's just so cute! and Edward is so casual and so un-Edward like! It's so adorable!
I just love that scene!

and again, Twilight, page 479, when Bella is in the hospital, the nurse gives her medication that makes her sleep.

I could feel his lips at my ear.
"I love you," he whispered.
"Me, too."
"I know." He laughed quietly.
I turned my head slightly..searching. He knew what I was after. His lips touched mine gently.
"Thanks," I sighed.
"Anytime."

How adorable is that?
Ugh..I'm screeching in my head like a total girly-girl. I am a girly girl so I guess that makes this whole obsession with Twilight okay, right?
the.slayer
Wandering Through Town

Post by the.slayer »

i love them all.. and just reading these makes me smile, laught and nearly cry.... one of my favourites in new moon, is when bella is the one saving edward...

"Amazing," he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused. "Carlisle was right."
"Edward," i tried to gasp, but my voice had no sound. "you've got to get back into the shadows. you have to move!"
he seemed bemused. his hand brushed softly against my cheek. he didn't appear to notice that i was trying to force him back........... i could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. my lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. it was like there had never been any hole in my chest. i was perfect- not healed, but as if there had been no wound in thr first place.
"i can't belive how quick it was. i didn't feel a thing- they're very good," he mused, closing his eyes again and pressing his lips against my hair. his voice was like honey and velvet. "death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty," he murmured, and i recognized the line spoken by romeo in the tomb. the clock boomed out its final chime "you smell just exactly the same as always," he went on. "so maybe this is hell. i don't care. i'll take it."
"im not dead," i interrupted. 'and neither are you! please edward, we have to move. they can't be far away!"

its so long but i just love the fact that she's trying to convince him that hes not dead. then later when she wakes up in her bed with him there hes trying to convince her shes not dead... :D

Edward Cullen is staring at you...
- Jessica Stanley Twilight

Wanna be a vampire??
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

AgentCross wrote:
ABeautifulLetdown wrote:
AgentCross wrote:Pages 752 - 754 of Breaking Dawn, when Bella is finally able to let Edward read her mind and see how she truly feels about him.
GOOD CALL!
Thanks, I believe Stephanie Meyer said that this was her favorite Edward and Bella moment. A fan asked her it at Comic Con and she said it was in Book 4 and she confirmed later that it was this scene.
She did? I've been wondering what scene it was. That is one of my favorite scenes as well. I love it!
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
DazzleMe4ever
Settled in Forks
Location: On the back of Edward Cullen, running through the wilderness.

Post by DazzleMe4ever »

The most romantic moment is when Edward gets down on one knee and asks Bella to marry him!
So cute!! Dream engagement for me!!
"Isabella Swan?" He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes,his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
*+Edward+*
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

Edward is so sweet. How can I pick a favorite moment?! Gosh.

Um. But I think that my favorite moment of all time would have to be in Twilight. The first time that Edward took Bella to his meadow. He was just lying there and being himself and Bella was playing with his sparkling skin.

Then when they were about to leave, he kissed her. Just like that.

I had tears in my eyes, it was so sweet :)
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

AliceLauren wrote:Edward is so sweet. How can I pick a favorite moment?! Gosh.

Um. But I think that my favorite moment of all time would have to be in Twilight. The first time that Edward took Bella to his meadow. He was just lying there and being himself and Bella was playing with his sparkling skin.

Then when they were about to leave, he kissed her. Just like that.

I had tears in my eyes, it was so sweet :)
In that same scene when he puts her on the fern when she is all dizzy from the run and he says "Are you still feint from the run or was it my kissing expertiece?" I love the funny/romantic scenes. I also love it when he says "Bella you're hurting my ego, I just proposed to you and you think its a joke. (thats in NM the last chapter)
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

the.slayer wrote:i love them all.. and just reading these makes me smile, laught and nearly cry.... one of my favourites in new moon, is when bella is the one saving edward...

"Amazing," he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused. "Carlisle was right."
"Edward," i tried to gasp, but my voice had no sound. "you've got to get back into the shadows. you have to move!"
he seemed bemused. his hand brushed softly against my cheek. he didn't appear to notice that i was trying to force him back........... i could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. my lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. it was like there had never been any hole in my chest. i was perfect- not healed, but as if there had been no wound in thr first place.
"i can't belive how quick it was. i didn't feel a thing- they're very good," he mused, closing his eyes again and pressing his lips against my hair. his voice was like honey and velvet. "death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty," he murmured, and i recognized the line spoken by romeo in the tomb. the clock boomed out its final chime "you smell just exactly the same as always," he went on. "so maybe this is hell. i don't care. i'll take it."
"im not dead," i interrupted. 'and neither are you! please edward, we have to move. they can't be far away!"

its so long but i just love the fact that she's trying to convince him that hes not dead. then later when she wakes up in her bed with him there hes trying to convince her shes not dead... :D

I think this scene is the most romantic. I love all the other ones (especially the end of Breaking Dawn when Bella gets to show Edward how much she loves him), but this scene from New Moon was like PURE RELIEF. Bella goes through so many agonizing months believing that Edward doesn't love her and has forgotten about her and this is the first time where you realize that, of course, he still loves her and thinks that she is heaven. SIIIIGHH
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

singleduetoedward wrote:
the.slayer wrote:i love them all.. and just reading these makes me smile, laught and nearly cry.... one of my favourites in new moon, is when bella is the one saving edward...

I think this scene is the most romantic. I love all the other ones (especially the end of Breaking Dawn when Bella gets to show Edward how much she loves him), but this scene from New Moon was like PURE RELIEF. Bella goes through so many agonizing months believing that Edward doesn't love her and has forgotten about her and this is the first time where you realize that, of course, he still loves her and thinks that she is heaven. SIIIIGHH
i love this scene for so many different reasons...i also kinda set it apart from every other romantic scene because for a moment we were truly in Edward's head- and i loved it! We all know how careful Edward is all the time about everything, even about what he says. So on this part where he was just being himself, relieved to be with Bella again and revealing that he does actually accept the idea of an afterlife was awesome. I also really enjoyed how much we got to see how her truly cared for Bella even after leaving her. To me it was just so pure in the sense that he was seeing it as heaven/ hell. Being with Bella (heaven) yet still being tortured by her scent (hell) but overall he didn't care, he was still reunited with Bella :D *sigh* Edward is amazing
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i really like the scene in new moon where edward is taking bella to his house for a vote, and he stops out by the trees and just holds her. i don't know why, but that is one big romantic scene for me.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I love all of those Edward and Bella moments. I've got something different. I don't have the book so I can't quote or give page numbers but...

In New Moon, when Alice sees Jasper for the first time after escaping the Volturi and they just gaze at each other. Their love is so solid and they are so assured of it, that they can transmit all those feelings just by looking at each other.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/