The Worst Song Ever

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: The Worst Song Ever

Post by -Jasper »

Hale yes, it's overplayed. And people have it on their phones and sing it all the time.

It's the chorus that gets me too, but also all the Romeo and Juliet stuff. *ergh*
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I agree w/I kissed a Girl. It is a crappy song & it's REALLY annoying! And now I think her newest is Hot & Cold or something? It's really annoying too. Why is she popular? I'll never know or understand.

When I saw this subject one that popped into my head is a really old one but it's REALLY annoying, Who Let The Dog's Out? I don't remember who sings it. But I just remember it being really popular one summer & I hated it! My sister would turn the radio way up when it came on & it really annoyed me.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

it was the baha men who sang who let the dogs out. that song was awesome way back when it came out, and come to think of it i think i listened to it like 2 years ago and still somewhat liked it.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

aurelia92 wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote:Why do you hate Duffy? She's talented! I mean I hate Amy Winehouse, but I can't deny that she isn't talented.
i dont hate Duffy cause she isnt talented, i havent listened to enough to find out about that, but i cant stand her voice. it just annoys me SO much.
i agree with the amy winehouse part to a certain extent, i think she used to have potential but she ruined it all for herself. i dont like her voice and style either though.

and i pretty much agree with everything else you mentioned:P
agree to disagree on some areas then? XD
-Jasper wrote:Hale yes, it's overplayed. And people have it on their phones and sing it all the time.

It's the chorus that gets me too, but also all the Romeo and Juliet stuff. *ergh*
Aw, I love Taylor Swift! Her stuff could never get old for me. I've listened to her songs over and over, which is weird for me because I'm not normally into pop or country XD But, it is overplayed, and chavs like it :| which is just scary.

Edit; I have to say that Lady Gaga has got to be the most annoying person right now. Her music isn't even that good . . . I don't understand ! !
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Maybe it's just me, but It's been ages since I listened to a Beyoncé's music that I liked. Don't misundertand me, I love her work. I like her songs... but except for "If I were a boy" the rest seems so... ugh.

Akon's songs are good to dance, in a club, with 3 or 4 drink on it. But I don't like much as an everyday music.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

haha I only like Beyonce's music because me and my friends sort of make fun of it. She is very talented however.

The problem with Taylor Swift's "Love Story" is that she thinks it's like Romeo and Juliet, but completely misunderstands the play (as many other people do). The play is arguably about LUST and not LOVE between Romeo and Juliet. Not only that, but it's a tragedy :/ Anyway, many people don't care about that stuff.

I love Lady GaGa. Her acoustic songs make you really appreciate her talent. She has a great voice, and she has her own style... and that's what being an artist is all about. I love that she's not another carbon-copy of an emo-punk band member, or a wanna-be rocker chick.

I used to like Kanye West, but everytime I hear "Heartless" on the radio I want to tear my ears out.

And of course, there's Lil' Wayne and his lyrical geniousness *sarcasm* LOL
"and the boy loved the tree"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

bodysnatcher wrote: The problem with Taylor Swift's "Love Story" is that she thinks it's like Romeo and Juliet, but completely misunderstands the play (as many other people do). The play is arguably about LUST and not LOVE between Romeo and Juliet. Not only that, but it's a tragedy :/ Anyway, many people don't care about that stuff.
:o Someone understands me!!!!
I HATE that song for that very reason! Plus, she totally ruins it by not making them die! That's the best part! They were idiots, and they die. Very nice ending.
Also, at one time she says "I was a scarlet letter". Ummm, The Scarlet Letter was about and adultress and a wimpy pastor. I don't think that being a musician has helped Taylor Swift out with school.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

debussygirl wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote: The problem with Taylor Swift's "Love Story" is that she thinks it's like Romeo and Juliet, but completely misunderstands the play (as many other people do). The play is arguably about LUST and not LOVE between Romeo and Juliet. Not only that, but it's a tragedy :/ Anyway, many people don't care about that stuff.
:o Someone understands me!!!!
I HATE that song for that very reason! Plus, she totally ruins it by not making them die! That's the best part! They were idiots, and they die. Very nice ending.
Also, at one time she says "I was a scarlet letter". Ummm, The Scarlet Letter was about and adultress and a wimpy pastor. I don't think that being a musician has helped Taylor Swift out with school.
no it hasn't. she's a complete idiot who doesn't research things before she writes songs about them.
you should realize most singers like her don't do things like research.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

bodysnatcher wrote:The problem with Taylor Swift's "Love Story" is that she thinks it's like Romeo and Juliet, but completely misunderstands the play (as many other people do). The play is arguably about LUST and not LOVE between Romeo and Juliet. Not only that, but it's a tragedy :/
Thank you thank you thank you thankyouthankyou. I hate when people think R&J was some epic love story instead of a commentary on how stupid teenagers are when they're in "love"/lust.
Also, "Love Story" made me want to rip my ears out the first time I heard it. Probably still would only I haven't listened to it since...

I also really, really loathe the Jonas Brothers cover of Poor Unfortunate Souls. They sound like mosquitoes and they changed all the lyrics.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Hehe.
I got a flair on facebook that says "Taylor Swift does not know the way the Romeo and Juliet actually ends"
or something like that. I love it.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com