General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Anyalysing the XY thread - for XX only

Post by dopeydm »

I have to say that the more custom it is for me....the more romantic it is. I would need some ideas of what she wants in order to make it more romantic!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

the zoo!
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

OMG, girls, this was my first time visiting the XY thread and what should they be discussing? Why, Edward let's keep this PG shall we? & romantic dates of course. Aw, I <3 boys.

RE: Edward let's keep this PG shall we?.

*takes a moment* I am not as traumatized as others are with the thought of Edward rubbing one out while watching Bella sleep. Why? Because I am depraved, of course. This is not to say I think it actually happened. It's not so Edwardly. As for if he did it other times? Hm, I dunno. He's a guy, but he's a vampire. I wonder if he could just, ahem, *think about stuff* and it would have the same sort of effect.

To take it down a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT road:

For me, the romance is in the little stuff. The gestures. Think of ten (or if you're feeling ambitious, MORE) things you love about her... and write them on little pieces of paper, hide them for her to find. For hubby's birthday I thought of 30 things I loved about him & tied them to 30 balloons. MAKE her something. Dinner, a card, something. It doesn't have to be a huge gesture but it has to come from the heart. Mean it, dude. Flowers are great, don't get me wrong. But they are much more exciting if she's not expecting them! Send them a couple days BEFORE your date... not the day of. (I'm a sucker for flowers at work).

Or... jewelry. Sparkly things are romantic (Things I Learned from Stephenie Meyer #1254).

OR... when in doubt, call her best friend & ask what she might like. Nothing to be ashamed of there, that's how I ended up with my dream engagement ring!!

Image Image Image
dopeydm

Post by dopeydm »

For me, the romance is in the little stuff. The gestures. Think of ten (or if you're feeling ambitious, MORE) things you love about her... and write them on little pieces of paper, hide them for her to find. For hubby's birthday I thought of 30 things I loved about him & tied them to 30 balloons. MAKE her something. Dinner, a card, something. It doesn't have to be a huge gesture but it has to come from the heart. Mean it, dude. Flowers are great, don't get me wrong. But they are much more exciting if she's not expecting them! Send them a couple days BEFORE your date... not the day of. (I'm a sucker for flowers at work).
I have to agree with you. I could tell I was with the wrong guy when I set up a date and wrote poems so he would go to the right places and he didn't get it. He thought the poems were funny. Lets just say, the date didn't happen.

So the best advice....do something she would like. I have to say, asking a friend of hers may be the best thing if you don't know her well enough!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Mrs. Jasper Hale wrote:
Kyrie wrote:I'm not of a very romantic disposition, yet am I required to somehow orchestrate a date so romantic and sweet it'll practically be coated in sugar, and it's to take place next week.
Ladies, I think we can help him out here!

Kyrie: Any ideas for us to base our suggestions on?
Kyrie, I'm in agreement with Akire and dopeydm ~ concentrate on the little things. One of the most romantic things my husband did for me (besides our engagement!) was send me on a scavenger hunt around the house for a piece of jewelry. At the time I was very into LOTR, and all of clues were hidden within poems he wrote using the LOTR characters.

A romantic dinner is also nice~ do you cook? If you do, try to find out what her favorite meal is, and make that. That would be more meaningful than going out-you taking the time to do something special just for her.

Hope this helps! 8-)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Kyrie: The ladies suggestions are great! Little things really do make a difference and I have never met a girl who didn't absolutely love a guy who cooked for her but remember, do the dishes after too! I doubt she wants to have to clean up the mess afterward!

Miista: Hey dude! I've totally missed you! I was beginning to wonder if you died or something! How is everything going for you?
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Wow! Girls we have really let this thread go!

Cody: I have been doing great! Thanks for asking! I will have to make a trip over to the Gen Y soon! My lack of posting is strange!
ImageImage
dopeydm

Post by dopeydm »

I have a question for Kyrie. Is there a website I can go to in order to read your full story? I haven't had a chance to read the first part. Thanks!
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Kyrie: Communist day?
ImageImage
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

well... as a chick of this thread I think we're all just awesome...

just sayin.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*