Sequels

Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Sequels

Post by -Jasper »

^^ There probably would be. Do you think the host will ever be made into a movie?
I think that would be really good, and they could have a little added sequelly bit at the end or something.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I don't know if The Host will ever be made into a movie or not.

There's the obvious problem of having 2 voices inside one head. I guess maybe they could just make Melanie's voice an echoey voice-over or something. But then there's the thing about them living in pitch blackness 90% of the time. They'd have to find a way around that. Maybe keep them all in the crop room or hang lanterns all over the place... or pretend that every room had holes in the ceiling or mirrors on the roof.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I dont' know if the Host would ever be made into a movie...although I loved it, I know quite a few people who had a really hard time getting into it...so I dunno if sales for the book were big enough to inspire anyone to make it into a movie, plus, like Black said, there are some difficulties that are obvious from right off the bat that might turn a lot of people off from even trying to make the book into a movie.

Thank you Naureen!!
Marcela
Settled in Forks

Post by Marcela »

I would love to read a sequel to the Host. However, being a total sucker for happy endings, I don't like the idea of characters I liked dying... But I suppose I would survive regardless :D It would be really interesting to see how she developed the characters further, etc... She does sequels well, in my opinion :)

It would make a freaky, weird movie!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Marcela wrote:I would love to read a sequel to the Host. However, being a total sucker for happy endings, I don't like the idea of characters I liked dying...
You do realize that everybody you're reading about is going to die eventually, right? lol
Marcela
Settled in Forks

Post by Marcela »

Yes, I realize that... which is why I said I'd survive ;)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

when it comes to the Host I would be okay if there weren't any sequels. I think they place it ended is an okay place & doesn't really feel unfinished. but if she ever did right sequels I'd probably read them. I just hope I didn't have as hard a time getting into any sequels like I did this one. I really have no idea where the story would/could go (plus it's been about 4 months since I read it & can't remember much.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

With a book like The Host, I would actually be okay if there weren't any sequels because the book did end at a good place, you know? I would defintely love SM to write a sequel to it, but I wouldn't be that disappointed if she didn't. I would actually really like to see where she could take us in another book, but like I said, it wouldn't be that big of a dissapointment if she decided not to write one.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I want to know that everyone's going to have babies so there needs to be a sequel.

= ]
NotNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by NotNessie »

I hope there is a sequel. The title The Soul is pretty obvious, I guess. But, The Seeker of what?