Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Pel »

What kind of school do you go to? What do you like/dislike about it? I go to a public school and I was just wondering what kind of schools the rest of you go to (if you are still going to elementary/high school). Please share about your school!
Ruby
Learning to Love Green
Location: my body is here, but my head and heart are elsewhere...

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Ruby »

I go to a public school, and I can't stand it. It's full of stupid girls who look orange because they tan too much. And there are way too many pregnancies. And this year they put timers on all of the vending machines, so you can't buy anything during school. I'm going to starve.
ImageImageImageImage
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

My highschool, its public, and it's like way over-populated. There's like five different towns that have kids that go there. And instead of building a bigger building, they just add trailers outside for the classrooms. There's like fifty trailers outside. Its disgusting and embarassing. You have to walk outside in the mud and rain because there's no paths to get to your classroom.
poeticallyxpathetic
Settled in Forks

Post by poeticallyxpathetic »

my high-school's pretty new. Our first senior class just graduated last year. it's annoying cause the town i live in is so small, the people in my school i've literally known since kindergarten. It's good in a way, because you know almost everyone, but you hardly ever get to meet new people.
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

My school is a public high school. It's boring there. Nothing happens. And when I mean nothing I mean nothing. You go to school, go to your classes, go for lunch, go back to your classes, and go home. But one year people kept on pulling the fire alarm. It was funny. The fire department had to come like once a week. But people stopped pulling it. The firefighters gave us a lecture too. He was like, " We had to come 60 something times already. Do you know you guys had the most false fire drills?!" Yup that's about it. Everyone is pretty normal.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
Pizza??
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Pizza?? »

My school is the school on 10 Things I Hate About You.

No joke either.

Its nice, they took two years and redid the iside of the school, that was before I got there though. Im at my third high school.
Jeminunzi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jeminunzi »

mmm.. i have a vaguely nice public school. I mean, we dont exactly lack for anything. It's just that the building is super old. It was built during the depression. It's really pretty on the outside, not so much on the inside. But they're remodeling bathrooms, and redoing the roof this year, so that it doesnt rain inside.The only issue we really have is a drug problem in the town. I like it because it's small though. my senior class this year is only 63 people.
Students working in New Media are bored in the summer, I take banner requests! PM me
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

Average, small-town (500-600 students) high school - loads of fun :roll:
But the school its self is pretty basic; annual fundraisers, a few fights go down, crappie and good teachers, odd preggy's rumors - almost cliche-d so. I don't loath it, I met some wonderful people along the way, but overall, it's oh-so-boring aha.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
twilight_obsessor013
Learning to Love Green
Location: With my Twilight Pinay's =D XD Mahal Kita Ate Camille!

Post by twilight_obsessor013 »

rain.on.me wrote:My highschool, its public, and it's like way over-populated. There's like five different towns that have kids that go there. And instead of building a bigger building, they just add trailers outside for the classrooms. There's like fifty trailers outside. Its disgusting and embarassing. You have to walk outside in the mud and rain because there's no paths to get to your classroom.
That kinda reminds me of one of the Clique books that I've read.

I used to go to a private school, but I graduated this year from their eighth grade class and now I'm going into the public high school. I'm really nervous and it's going to be a lot different because there's going to be a lot of people who are used to it in high school and then you add in the two private schools in my city and you'll have like 30 students were are like really really nervous.

I used to like my private school, but ever since the old retarded principal took place, I've been hating her ever since. I think she's racist some times, but let me just say--thank god that there is a new principal at that school, the eighth graders this year will be GLAD.

At my high school, we have a lot of country schools that are being combined with the city schools (minus the private schools) and so they are used to the people, unlike the private school people. They kinda stereo type us, like one my classmates met a guy who said "Where do you go to school?" "St. Anne's" (I replaced the names, stalkers.) "That means your rich right?" "No." "But you said you went to St. Anne's, right?" "Yeah." "That means your rich. "No, I'm middle class." The guy walked off and yeah. They also think that we're brainacs and good people who like pray to God all the time. (Only a few people in both Private Schools have religious issues) But really, we're just like everyone else--except that we went to a Private School.
ImageImage
Mahal Kita <3 Ate Camille!
EDWARD CULLEN DESERVES HIS OWN STORY!!!
Alice_at_Heart
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_at_Heart »

Okay. So my high school is drastically different than most of these.

I go to an all-girls, private, catholic high school. yes, i did choose to go there. I love it. It is a bit crowded, we have locker buddies and all, but it's really nice. And despite the fact that it's a catholic school, less than 10% of the girls are practicing catholics, which is really nice. And it has the awesome-ist theatre program EVER. which is a must in my book.