Not Big, Not Small either

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jaspercookie

Re: Not Big, Not Small either

Post by jaspercookie »

I'm a pretty good weight. 5 foot 4 and I'm 125 lbs. I like my body pretty much now, but I didn't used to. It's like a curse. We're all insecure in some ways. I know everyone has heard this a million times before, but seriously, listen up cause this is true: If all you try to be is yourself then you are beautiful whether you weigh 85 lbs or 185 lbs. Anorexia is NOT attractive, but being happy with yourself is. So seriously, stop being so insecure and enjoy being you.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Elizabeth wrote:I grew up with people making fun of because I was skinny. Calling me chicken legs or boney. I don't look unhealthy, but the media tells us that people resort to unsafe measures to be thin. After a while, you start to believe what people say, it affects you, that goes for anyone. I dont ever wear shorts or anything to show my legs because I am convinced that I'm not very attractive. Ever notice that it's us women who are critical of ourselves and other women? Why are we so hard on ourselves? I hope someday I can love me for me, chicken legs and all.
That's terrible but that's what our society does to you. Everyone feels as if they have to be perfect and others judge those by their looks. It's disgusting and truly shows how corrupt we have become. You shouldn't worry so much about your looks. I'm probably just as skinny as you. My doctor even asked me if I was anorexic. However, I came to terms with the way I looked a while ago. Flaws are what makes someone beautiful and if we were all gorgeous, everyone would look the same and we would all blend in. You should be able to wear shorts if you want to wear shorts and I am sure you attractive in your own way - just as everyone is in some way or another. Don't be so self-conscious and hard on yourself. I'm sure you are beautiful.

I know that sounded really cheesy.. but it's true.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Elizabeth wrote: You're not cursed! Sounds like you have the coveted hourglass figure. If I had to choose between having a big butt or having big boobs, I'd pick the butt. I wouldn't want to look like I could tip over at any second. You on the otherhand, have the best of both worlds, you don't have to choose. You're evenly proportioned.
I have a nice butt, but I'd always hoped for a bigger bust, I don't like the way my shirts fit or don't fit for that matter. But again, I'd look funny with D's and although I'm small, I am proportioned to myself... I just want bigger proportions that's all!

I have D's but sometimes they get in the way. I always wished for a smaller bust and a smaller rear. I do have the hourglass figure. But I'm short, so to me when I look in the mirror..I look off? If that makes any sense?
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I'm not large, but then I am not a stick. I would say average. But I do have a bigger than usual bottom. It is weird though, all of the "popular" girls at school are skinny, to a point where sometimes it looks unhealthy.
Twilight_girl15
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_girl15 »

i am not skinny but i am not obeace i am cury. I hate it when i see all these girls and they walk around saying oMG i am so fat and they way no more then 110lbs socity is crazy on how people lookand i thinkit is rediculus just becaues tou are different that dont mean your fat or a twig that is just how you were built
Just when you think things can't get any worse.....they do.
But....I've learned that life is like hour glass sand.
Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom,
but all you have to do is be patient and wait
for something to turn everything around.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Twilight_girl15 wrote:i am not skinny but i am not obeace i am cury. I hate it when i see all these girls and they walk around saying oMG i am so fat and they way no more then 110lbs socity is crazy on how people lookand i thinkit is rediculus just becaues tou are different that dont mean your fat or a twig that is just how you were built
I agree 100%. I think it's so redick how people actually LOOK for things to be wrong with them. ugh

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

pixiealice wrote:Growing up, I was Twiggy, skinny minney, toothpick. The boys called me "little ones"-they were cruel. My body caught up when I was a sophomore in HS, so when I graduated I was 5'10, taller than most of the boys. I weighed 120 pounds. I was skinny. Life caught up with me after I got pregnant for the 2nd time and I gained 70 pounds. I delivered at 210...who would've thunk? Now I am a very healthy 160--still 5'10, I haven't started to shrink yet, but I have curves where I never had em before. Junk in the trunk-oh yeah. Thighs too. I still would like to lose 15 pounds...but I think its a mental game in my head, because I don't need to, I think I'll feel better. I wear jeans 8 or 10, just depending on maker, and to think that one is considered plus sized at 12-14. Give me a break. They never even had 0's or 2's when I was a teen.
I'm right here with you! I'm 5' 11" and have been since high school. Back then I was 129 lbs. Yeah. They called me Skeletor. Not nice. But I'm the type that I let stuff like that roll off. After I had my son I was around 150. Still thin for my height. However, as time has gone by, I gained a bit of weight. And then lost some. I'm steady now at about 167-170. I'm not overweight but I'm not willowy anymore, either. I love it! I wouldn't trade the way I look now for being thin again. Heck no! The truth is, size is just a number. It really doesn't mean anything. It's more important how you feel and if you are healthy and like yourself.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

darkrider wrote:
Twilight_girl15 wrote:i am not skinny but i am not obeace i am cury. I hate it when i see all these girls and they walk around saying oMG i am so fat and they way no more then 110lbs socity is crazy on how people lookand i thinkit is rediculus just becaues tou are different that dont mean your fat or a twig that is just how you were built
I agree 100%. I think it's so redick how people actually LOOK for things to be wrong with them. ugh

-Dark
I'm wondering if it's not so much that someone looks for things to be wrong with them, but that OTHERS look for what's wrong with them? Example: Being called Skeletor (which some of us children of the 80s may have heard) You may start to believe you're unnaturally thin looking, even unattractive.
I think some of it is a learned behavior, we're taught to be critical of ourselves by the media, society, even the people around us. It may not be directed towards us, but if we start judging other people, how long until we start questioning ourselves? For example: "Did you see how saggy her boobs are? I wonder if mine look that saggy?" (Just throwing that out there!)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Elyse
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Elyse »

I completely agree with you Elizabeth. It's all over the media how women are "supposed" to look. We see it in the models that put on magazine covers to the actresses in movies. There are very few that even look average. The media starts by getting the younger crowds attention. If an 8 year old girl sees that all the pretty people on tv are skinny then they think they need to be skinny to be pretty. Dove actually had a commercial about this. It wasn't a long one but I think it had a nice point.
ImageImageImage
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

Well I'm 5'10 and not going to put my weight, it is a LOT. I'm not really big, or tiny I am average, I just weigh a bunch cause I work out a bit much. All of my friends are dancers around 5'0 and weigh like 108lbs so I stick out in our little group lol, but I hate when they complain about their weight, it just like "Umm, if you and your tiny 108lb self think YOUR big, what are you thinking about ME"
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"