Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEmmit
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by TeamEmmit »

I didn't get into twilight until after all the drama. I am desperately hoping she will finish it because it adds so much to the whole. Being able to go home and see the cullens. It made me love Alice so much more when she kept asking if she could talk to Bella. To see her and Edward interact also was so awesome. I loved that he kept the lemonade cap. I also understood his mood swings because I was a little confused at first. I also kept thinking he fell in love with her because he wanted her blood and that seemed totally weird, but when he keeps a list of all the things he loves about HER, I really understood. When that April fools thing said it would be published my heart stopped and I was excited and then when I found out it was April fools, I just about cried.

<3 Elle
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I know that Stephenie was so hurt and upset when someone stole her draft of MS, and just reading the chapters on her website is just fascinating. Maybe if she can or will not continue this book. She could possibly write something through Edwards eyes, maybe starting out before he met Bella. I just hate to not see Edward through Stephenies eyes. The Twilight saga was so great, but Edward view point would be such a different way of looking at the whole series it will be so sad that some few people had to ruin it all for us, but mostly for Stephenie. I can see the pressure that she must feel, and since the movies are doing so well , while everyones focus is on the movies that are coming out, she will have the energy to make Edward's view come to life in a book.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

ok, Ill admit, Im new to the Twilight world. With my daughter its hard to read any book. However my boyfriend and I saw the movie the day it came out on On Demand. And of course, I went out the next day and got the movie (the 1 disk edition) Then two days later went out and got the 2 disk special edition, the Directors Notebook, and the BOOK!

I started reading the book about a week and half ago the first night I got to page 232 without even realizing it. and not knowing it was 12:30 AM. Just like the movie, I got sucked in. Sucked into the world of Bella and Edward. The romance, un dieing love between the two that are from different worlds.
When I read the first book I found out about Midnight Sun, and even though I didnt know the entire story yet, it almost broke my heart to read that Stephanie has put Midnight Sun on hold indefinitely. Now Im almost done with Breaking Dawn, and Im so sad knowing that my Twilight world is about to be over. Unless I re read them all. I WISH I was able to read Edwards words and thoughts. I feel we would be able to understand everything about Twilight a million times more. Theres still this unknown, this mystery in the book. That mystery is whats going on in Edwards head. I feel its so crucial to the story. Because Edwards love was more than any love there is. He had to fight EVERYDAY for the girl he loves. He had to keep her safe from himself.

I understand Stephanies side of the story. Its HER story. Her baby. Bella and Edward came from her brilliant mind and warm heart. The story that captivated all of us came from her fingers. Its hers and no one elses. The person that leaked the story (which I havnt and will not read until its published) is a selfish person. Why would they do that knowing she would find out, knowing how important this story is to her and all the fans?
If I ever had the chance to tell Stephanie my thoughts and my beliefs it would be this:

Dont let your story die. Dont let some insignicant, selfish, heartless person ruin your creativity. Dont let Edward and Bella sit in your mind waiting to be released. Your Edward should be able to tell his side of his and Bella's story. These books, mean more to people than you will ever know. Me personally, I relate SO well to Bella. I have always felt like and outcast, and outsider in school, with friends, with family. Im 20 now and still feel like the outsider. Sometimes I even feel like Im an outsider with myself. Watching myself live my everyday life, not knowing what Im feeling or doing. When I am reading Twilight (and watching the movie, but more reading) I escape from all problems, chaos and troubles in my life. I feel like I am in Forks, in the meadow, In the Twilight life. It helps me to read your words. It takes me away. and I love that. I FINALLY have something to take me away. Im not into drugs or drinking. Music was the only thing that took me away, but lately that hasnt been helping. But your words, your creativity, your mind is doing it. And doing an amazing job at it.
Please continue your writing. Continue this story. Continue the love we all wish we had. Keep us on our toes and wanting more. Screw the person that was so jealous they had to steal your work. Dont punish the rest of us. But more importantly, DONT PUNISH YOURSELF! We all know you created Bella, Edward, Twilight. And we will always love you for that!

Anyways, I just had to get my thoughts on this issue out. Stephanie will probably never read it but maybe someone somewhere will, and more people will help Stephanie realize she needs to keep her "baby" growing.

Thanks for reading
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Ihavemylion wrote:ok, Ill admit, Im new to the Twilight world. With my daughter its hard to read any book. However my boyfriend and I saw the movie the day it came out on On Demand. And of course, I went out the next day and got the movie (the 1 disk edition) Then two days later went out and got the 2 disk special edition, the Directors Notebook, and the BOOK!

I started reading the book about a week and half ago the first night I got to page 232 without even realizing it. and not knowing it was 12:30 AM. Just like the movie, I got sucked in. Sucked into the world of Bella and Edward. The romance, un dieing love between the two that are from different worlds.
When I read the first book I found out about Midnight Sun, and even though I didnt know the entire story yet, it almost broke my heart to read that Stephanie has put Midnight Sun on hold indefinitely. Now Im almost done with Breaking Dawn, and Im so sad knowing that my Twilight world is about to be over. Unless I re read them all. I WISH I was able to read Edwards words and thoughts. I feel we would be able to understand everything about Twilight a million times more. Theres still this unknown, this mystery in the book. That mystery is whats going on in Edwards head. I feel its so crucial to the story. Because Edwards love was more than any love there is. He had to fight EVERYDAY for the girl he loves. He had to keep her safe from himself.

I understand Stephanies side of the story. Its HER story. Her baby. Bella and Edward came from her brilliant mind and warm heart. The story that captivated all of us came from her fingers. Its hers and no one elses. The person that leaked the story (which I havnt and will not read until its published) is a selfish person. Why would they do that knowing she would find out, knowing how important this story is to her and all the fans?
If I ever had the chance to tell Stephanie my thoughts and my beliefs it would be this:

Dont let your story die. Dont let some insignicant, selfish, heartless person ruin your creativity. Dont let Edward and Bella sit in your mind waiting to be released. Your Edward should be able to tell his side of his and Bella's story. These books, mean more to people than you will ever know. Me personally, I relate SO well to Bella. I have always felt like and outcast, and outsider in school, with friends, with family. Im 20 now and still feel like the outsider. Sometimes I even feel like Im an outsider with myself. Watching myself live my everyday life, not knowing what Im feeling or doing. When I am reading Twilight (and watching the movie, but more reading) I escape from all problems, chaos and troubles in my life. I feel like I am in Forks, in the meadow, In the Twilight life. It helps me to read your words. It takes me away. and I love that. I FINALLY have something to take me away. Im not into drugs or drinking. Music was the only thing that took me away, but lately that hasnt been helping. But your words, your creativity, your mind is doing it. And doing an amazing job at it.
Please continue your writing. Continue this story. Continue the love we all wish we had. Keep us on our toes and wanting more. Screw the person that was so jealous they had to steal your work. Dont punish the rest of us. But more importantly, DONT PUNISH YOURSELF! We all know you created Bella, Edward, Twilight. And we will always love you for that!

Anyways, I just had to get my thoughts on this issue out. Stephanie will probably never read it but maybe someone somewhere will, and more people will help Stephanie realize she needs to keep her "baby" growing.

Thanks for reading
Wonderfully stated, Ihavemylion! The saga is my escape from my very intense day to day. I need these books right now and they are just the ticket for me.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

She'll probably release it when all the movie hype has died down...
1-2 years maybe.

*explodes*

or she might be finishing it in secret.. then BAM!! She'll release it out of nowhere.

Still counting on my second option. :cry:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

Im hoping for your second option too. If that is the case then shes probably trying to write it with her fans thinking it may never come out. That might be giving her inspiration. Then when she releases it.... The world of Twilight is going to go insane :shock:
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I just don't understand why she won't keep writing it.
I do understand that shes upset..

but common...
why would she put it on her site if she didn't want anyone going on about it or whatever.

I want to be an artist/designer.. and if someone stole a painting that I wasnt finished with.. and showed everyone.. I'd be pissed.. but if I had hundreds of thousands of people wanting me to finish it - I would. I'd do it for them.

..Midnight Sun is amazing.. way better than Twilight in my opinion. I've always loved Edwards mind.
And I just feel.. shes over-reacting. Yeah, someone leaked it.. so?

she cant just release part of Edwards story... she needs to finish it for us
We are the reason why her stories are so successful.
If it wasn't for us.. there would be no Twilight phenomenon.. there would be no new moon/eclipse/breaking dawn.
I think she owes it to us to finish the damn book and release it.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

i really hope that she just said that she has stopped writing it to surprise the readers when it comes out sometime soon. but i highly doubt it. i'm just ready to let go of twilight and i hope the book is released sometime soon. i don't think i can make it 2 years from now! the suspense is killing me! i want to know how rosalie reacted when edward gets home and they find out that bella knows the cullen secret. i know she doesn't burn his car obviously but i still want to know so bad. and i want to be inside edwards mind when he is running to save bella from james. what could he possibly be thinking then. i know i know, he's thinking about the voultri and all that but its killing me! i do understand that fact that she wants to be in the drivers seat but i think she has always had it even with the huge betrayal of getting her story leaked. stephenie, please finish midnight sun! i'm pleading!
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Tes, I think by publishing the chapters on her site, it seems like she is enticing people to read the chapters would mean she will write more. Maybe she was getting the real version of Midnight Sun out, I didn't see the copied version so I can't compare. But by putting it on her website would make a lot of fans disappointed by just reading those chapters and not going forward and completing the book. So I feel Stephenie will finish it, she knows how many people out here are so anticipatiing the book about Edwards POV.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Dragonfly
Settled in Forks

Post by Dragonfly »

A friend linked Midnight Sun to me quite awhile ago when I said "I can't believe I'm done the series ... wahhhhh!" I went immediately to the site but when I read SM's note prefacing the chapters, I stopped reading. I held off for quite awhile but succumbed to temptation a few weeks ago, sat down at the computer and read.

Midnight Sun is, without a doubt, my favourite book in the series. I hope Stephenie finds the heart to finish it. I'll be in line to buy it whenever she does.

DF