Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by Jadey »

I cannot say I am a fan of the movie..
It was EMBARRASSING.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

Yes, it was quite embarrassing to say that you are a fan of Twilight the movie. I felt almost embarrassed to introduce the movie to my friends. What will they think? That my passion in life is some weird show with weird dialogue?

There are many parts in the movie that made my cousin and I burst out laughing. We were trying to stifle our laughing throughout the whole movie. My cousin and brother even made up jokes. I know it's not very respectful, but we just can't help it. And it's not because the movie is funny in any way, it was rather laughs of frustration, at least for me.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I went into the movie all serious, because the books are serious, painful, hurtful and passionate. And I, personally, take the books very seriously.
I was straight faced all the way through.. I don't know why, some parts were funny... funny as in stupid and humiliating to watch..
But I didn't laugh once :?
It just shocked me how light and 'humorous' the movie was.. it wasn't an intense love story...
It was just like two teenagers that have a crush on each other..
I was MORTIFIED.

It was like the movie was made to drag in, and please 10 year old kids..
It wasn't getting the proper story across at all.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

So here I am..On my first day of easter holiday, and I just couldn't sleep longer than 7.30 am...So spend some time here then..
I didn't laugh at the movie. I was more in shock, I think. :shock: I went to see it on my own, which I am very happy about. I would not have wanted the people around me to get that first impression of the books I love so much. I feel so strongly about the deep emotional bond that Bella and Edward share. And it so completely missing, that I don't even have the words to say it strongly enough. It is not a some fling, it is a deep and strong love.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

i think i was the only one of the people i knew to truly truly very strongly dislike the movie, me being all ocd and crap, i was very disappointed by the fact of how much was cut out, i watched the movie with my sister at home (since i finished the book the day before it left theaters) and i found myself explaining things every two seconds because she hadnt read the book and didnt get much of anything, i kept saying 'thats wrong' and 'they forgot that' and stuff like that becuase of it, it almost made me mad, sure, my mom and sister loved it, but they didnt read the book, i just think disappointment is the main thing to describe how wrong this movie is for me = (
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

I know that it wasn't a major part of the movie, but Carlisle's big wooden cross would've been an interesting addition and a bit of comedy for the movie. I think you see a bit of it as Bella and Edward are walking up the stairs, but it should've been there because it was Carlisle's father's, which would've led to his backstory and then the Voltari.

There are parts i liked about the movie, and again parts i didn't, The meadow...that was a date for Bella and Edward, it wasn't ditching school. How is Bella going to find it again in New Moon?!

Like alot of people have mentioned, Bella and Edward seem so awkward around each other? Where was them sitting together lunch, on their own table talking, developing their relationship. Mike didn't come across as too jealous either, there was one line "i don't like it, he looks at you like you're something to eat" if i remember correctly, there was more than that in the book.

I understand that they can't get everything into the movie, but there were some things that set up New Moon: Carlisle's back story; James telling Bella that Alice was the one that got away, leading Alice's character to develop.

It's a good movie, i mean i've watched it about 6 times already and i got it on Sunday. I will be watching it again, but hopefully with a new director New Moon will be better.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilightchick79 »

I don't know where to start... I am new to the Twilight series. I read the series over last weekend and watched the movie the other night. I was pissed to say the least. So pissed that I re-read Twilight immediately after I saw the movie, to get the images out of my head and remind me what I loved about the book. The biggest issue I had with the movie was the love story. Just as I have read the other posts regarding this... the love story was too rushed with HUGELY important parts of the book missing from the movie it didn't make sense. But what really bothered me was not once did they say to each other "I love you" . This was a love story and they couldn't even add that???? Blah. Plus the acting from Kristen was lackluster in my opinion. I am not sure if it was the director or Kristen's interpretation of the book but it was not good. Her stammering and weird facial expressions did not represent the character of Bella at all. Rob I felt did a good job with what the screenplay offered. I can't believe I am as frustrated as I am about this but it pissed me off. Now I have watched the movie several times since then and have found certain parts I like but the overall movie was a disappointment. I cannot get over how they could leave out the full meadow scene and the blood typing scene. Two scenes after they talk they are "in love" ??? WTF??? Plus Bella in the movie looks constantly scared of Edward and I did not get that impression from the book. Anyway I hope New Moon is better but then I am going to stay realistic.
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I've found that the more I watch the film, it gets better - or maybe easier to watch. I guess it's because I know what painful bits are coming up. But it's not as terrible as I first thought, it's still not a great film or anything, but you should try watching it multiple times, see if it gets any better.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

^^^
I'm hoping you're right dazzlingdynamite. I'm just waiting for the dvd release in my country, so I can see it again. We are so slow over here.... I think that I might like it better after more viewings, mostly because I know what to expect. I was hugely disappointed the first time because I came into the theater expecting to see Twilight (the book), and I missed so many parts of that. But now I know what I'm gonna get, and hopefully I can enjoy it somewhat for what it is, instead of grieving what could have been. It will never be a favorite, but it might be acceptable :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

I've seen the movie twice so far, still waiting for my DVD. I've to admit, the second time I saw the movie, I didn't cringe as much. But, it's probably because I already knew what to expect and sort of resigned myself to awkward scenes. I still laugh at the really stupid scenes.

Now, I'm not even sure why I bought the DVD in the first place. Ah well, it can be a collectible.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle