Edward and Bella #1

eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Edward and Bella

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

knikki wrote:Did anyone else absolutely LOVE when Edward took Bella out to hunt for the first time? I really loved that part in the book, him teaching her their way of life. It was so cool :P
^ I absolutely LOVED that scene!! It definitely increased their loved, i reckon. They were really cute, how she trusted him while he taught her. And how it opened his eyes to her being the very strong, very agile, now-show-off newy :)
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

pubesy wrote:i really liked the growth of edward and bella's relationship. i wold have liked to see her become a proper newborn - for at least a month, or a week, or a night even, and see edward's strength as he faught with bella to protect her from her thirst and strength. Also to show her how strong his love for her was - when she was a new born and was not able to feel the same way for edward as her thirst overpowered her previous feelings. to love bella even if she wanted to kill him.
being newborn could have also shown her struggle at not being able to go near renesse, or love edward etc.

but then again...

poor stephenie!
i mean, with bella and edward's relationship, you have one side of the fan spectrum saying that bella is weak and needy in the relationship, or that edward is overpowering, and that their relationship is not at all sensual.

then when stephenie has bella as a strong vampire able to protect her new family, and an "equal" to edward, where they can express their desires for each other, fans say that it is unrealistic to bella's character, mary sue etc.

i loved how their relationship grw in breaking dawn. it couldn't stay innocent forever. and i love how bella went fron needing protection, to being able to protect others! it was a needed twist.
i didn't really think about the twist. hahah! yes yes, there's definitely a twist there!
eliselovesedwardx wrote:
knikki wrote:Did anyone else absolutely LOVE when Edward took Bella out to hunt for the first time? I really loved that part in the book, him teaching her their way of life. It was so cool :P
^ I absolutely LOVED that scene!! It definitely increased their loved, i reckon. They were really cute, how she trusted him while he taught her. And how it opened his eyes to her being the very strong, very agile, now-show-off newy :)
i love that scene too! you can imagine how happy Edward was to bring her hunting. i think it's not how Bella trusted Edward, it's also the other way round. and how Edward actually wanted to show off to her, but instead, Bella showed off to him, and he was impressed. aaaah, cute!
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

what is a twist?
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

pubesy wrote:what is a twist?
Hmmm. How can I explain to you? A twist it's a different way to see a situation. In this case, the major twist on the plot of BD is that Bella, instead of being the weakest character, is now the strongest. Instead of being protected, she's the protector.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

Yeah. Never thought about that.

I think that it's really neat because now instead of Bella always having to worry about getting killed (like she almost did at least 12 times) and now she can focus on her family more.

Edward and Bella's relationship can finally be normal... well somewhat normal considering that they are vampires... and they can finally just be forever happy.

:) yay.
F-16
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by F-16 »

That's what I liked about BD.
I'm not a huge fan of the whole thing, but I did really like this 'twist' as we're calling it.
It seemed like a perfect end to the struggles that the two of them have gone through. For Bella now to be able to give back in kind the protection and strength that Edward gave her. It seemed very fitting.
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

it truely was the best ending for them. it just makes me sad to say it really was THE END because of the last page of the book. i guess she didnt write that at the end of eclipse because she knew she may have to make another, since she wasnt really suposed to write breaking dawn. i was happy with the ending though. it was perfect and totally romantic. anyone who says otherwise id just weird. i cant stand those people that started that whole RETURN YOUR BOOK thing. it is steph's book and she can make it however she wants to. and if you truely love the books, you should love everything about them. luv ya!
brianna_cullen
Last edited by brianna_cullen on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edward can bruise me anyday.

TheCullenBoysAreMine
Settled in Forks

Post by TheCullenBoysAreMine »

i love Edward and Bella's relationship.like in the first 3 books Edward is like her guardian.and in breaking dawn they just get to be themselves.although they acted differently in breaking dawn i did enjoy it when she was a vampire and i loved the end.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me, I wanted to say.I've tried.
Oh and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
keep it light.

Bella and Edward,Midnight Sun.
onebreath
Wandering Through Town

Post by onebreath »

Well I am brand new to the boards so all this about returning any of the books is news to me. I personally will never, ever part with my copies. I adored the series. Sure, there were parts that I liked better than others (as with ALL fiction I read) but overall I was completely enthralled by the whole Twilight universe. I think Stephanie Meyer must know by now that there is a large percentage of us who loved the books just as she decided to write them.

I admit that Twilight is still my favorite out of all of them simply because I loved watching the beginning of Bella's relationship with Edward but it would not be complete or satisfactory to me had we not gotten Breaking Dawn and seen that they were happily together and as a family with Renesmee in the end. I agree that there was a slight difference to their interaction in BD but I never questioned that Edward and Bella meant everything to each other. Their connection was always among the most important themes throughout. I love it.
courtneycullen
Settled in Forks

Post by courtneycullen »

well...
i did wonder why in breaking dawn she really felt the need to hold hands with jacob still even if you are close friends or the closest you don't do that especially when it doesn't just mean friendship and you know it and so does your fiance whose standing right next to you. I hated in breaking dawn how they never seemed to kiss or touch really during her pregnancy it really bothered me especially because she was so hypnotized by their contact in twilight, new moon and eclipse... i'd also like to note for eclipse, that I SO WOULD lose ten toes than have a space heater anyday.. Bella shouldn't have done that in front of Edward no matter the circumstances... it hurt him so much more than he let on.