1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee? I just thought she was being "Renee." She tends to [for lack of a better statement] blow things out of proportion; she just freaks out quickly. She lovesBella so much, and it's only natural that, after hearing about her daughter almost being crushed by a van, she'd want to be near her, or at least have her home waiting, you know? I'd say that's more of a mother feeling, rather than just Renee spazzing over something. I still understand Bella's point, too, though; how many times must she say she's ok? Haha.
2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later? I definitely missed things; as odd as it may sound, I had "troubles" visualizing it correctly. I thought it was absurdly cool, though.
3. What did you think about Charlie's response to the accident? I liked it; he seemed very calm about it, though; the complete opposite of Renee.
4. This is the first time we meet Carlisle. What were your first impressions? He seemed so nice! And I got all excited because he was Edward's dad. Hah.
5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you? He didn't frighten me at all; I think I got a little frustrated when Bells and Edward started "bickering." I felt like he was being a little harsh, but Bella was being just as persistent. (:
Last edited by emilycullenx
on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"every single memory is erasing;
going back to the times when we were strangers."