Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowQueen
Settled in Forks

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by ShadowQueen »

My folks know that I love the series - and vampire books in general - so they don't mind at all. Odd thing about me liking vampires: I'm not really a horror film-type of fan since they can scare me enough to give me nightmares ^-^;

"There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's a Cullen."
NewMillenium
Wandering Through Town

Post by NewMillenium »

I avoided mentioning the main "subject" to my folks for a while, but I think they get it...or at least I 'think' they do. I told them it was about superhumans and shape shifters...which is true, in a sense ;) But they saw a HUGE poster filled wall in Borders the other day that read, "The Vampire Sensation" and my dad was looking(very ackwardly)at the twilight movie posters, and his eyes were three inches wide. It was so priceless! Ah yes, Dads are so very clueless and naive Twilightness :lol:

My parents are the people who wouldn't allow me to read Harry Potter(which is the only book/movie/etc, I have ever watched against my rents' wishes...), but now that I'm getting older, they aren't as legalistic as they used to be. Lucky me, lol :D
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
xoPearl_Angelxo
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xoPearl_Angelxo »

My dad thinks I should read stuff with big science facts, but can't do much to stop me from reading because I love the books to much my mom just cares that I am in fact reading. They just want me do to something productive.
APPC

avatar by *cullens & converse @ Vesperarium

Read My All Original Twilight Fanfic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4277830/1/T ... everything
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

pffft not really. The first night i had Twilight, i put this bookmark in it that has this wierd snowflake charm on it and my mom asked if it came with the book, she thought it was the sign of the devil. Now she is "reading" them. Probably to make sure there is nothing bad in it. GRRRRR
List, Gnat ♥
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

My parents are really ok with Twilight. They know that I read these books all the time and that they are about vampires.
When I buy a new book they never ask about what it is and they are always ok with the things I read.
colegurl

Post by colegurl »

....okay..my parents are totally okay with it...they both took me to the release party and were very excited for me ( i didn't have any friends at the release party...i was all alone)...my mom just bought New Moon for me...and she lets me talk to her about it...like i will laugh at something and she'll ask about it...so they are totally okay with it...at first they were like..ummm...do you need help?? HAHA!!!
K-Dawg

Post by K-Dawg »

My Dad is into Vampires and stuff but hasn't read Twilight, which I'm kinda glad about..., But my Mum hates everything to do with Vampires and any Mythical creatures really... I try to convert her... But it never works. When I start talking about Twilight she just tunes me out. :roll:
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
Angel_Vamp
Learning to Love Green

Post by Angel_Vamp »

My mom doesn't care she rathers me reading Vampire books or watching movies with Vampires in it then going out and getting in trouble, she's even started reading the Twilight series just to see what all its about and that way she can understand me when I go in Twilight mode lol.

Now my older sister she's an entirely different story, she hates that I read, watch, listen to anything that has to do with Vampires, demons, and werewolves, i'm not allowed to listen to rock music when she's around either because she says that all I am doing is worshipping the devil with everything that I like. *shrugs*
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

So, I'm 36... my parents don't have a lot of control over what I read LOL

My mom thinks the Vampire thing is weird and does not get it.

My dad enjoys a good vampire. I'm currently trying to force Twilight on him.

My parents NEVER cared what I read. I think they were thrilled I loved to read. I'm not sure they even paid much attention to what I was reading. I think I will have to ask my mom. My dad and I often swap GOOD books and I do get a little embarased when I give him a book that has a lot of sex, language or risque things in them.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

My parents know I'm obsessed with vampires and they don't mind at all. Hey, my mum sent me Edward Cullen on Facebook, and she suggested Anne Rice books to me too. She be cool like that :D
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"