Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by ringswraith »

That's not what I said. I said he chose to concentrate on James' thoughts. He can still hear Victoria and Laurent, he just wasn't letting their thoughts affect his decisions, since the problem at hand was James.

And Edward did not want anything to do in Jacob's head. Recall how he demanded that Jacob try to keep his thoughts to himself. Jacob even told Edward to get out of his head, and Edward says something along the lines of "I wish I could!"

We even learn that he (Edward) goes to the meadow when he wants to "get away from it all"- all the thoughts, so he can truly be alone with a quiet mind.

Sorry, but this is one thing that I'm going to be stubborn on. :) Not that I can't see what you're saying. I can. But this is what I think.
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

the problem comes with the fact that he didnt register victorias or laurents thoughts.. otherwise he would have known they were together. that tells me that he doesnt necessarily register (for lack of a better word) everything he hears. I'm sure he didnt enjoy jacobs thoughts and thats probably a bad example, but like i said it would be harder to block out if nothing else is going on.. and maybe its a girl thing but you always want to know what your biggest fr-enemy thinks about you.. they are the only ones who will tell you the truth :lol: we should probably agree to disagree ;)
megandheartsplease

Post by megandheartsplease »

I don't know if this has been discussed but I don't like the fact that they attempted to make Bella into a vegetarian . . . That is not mentioned anywhere in the book, in face in Breaking Dawn she scarfs down chicken! It just made me mad for some reason.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I didn't like it either. Bella makes lasagne etc.. for dinner. Bells could never be a vego!! .. I mean, common. Lets be simple about this. <--- sorry, HAD to do it!
I don't know if it was done intentionally in the movie?
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

spicey16: No harm in that. :)

Re: Bella's vegetarian ways: I think it was a nod to the fact that the Cullens are "vegetarian" in a sense. That's how I took it, anyway.
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

^Yeah I guess, but it seems kinda stupid.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Oh, I agree. Granted, that's how I took it because the first time I saw the movie, I hadn't read the books yet.

Then, after reading Twilight and seeing the movie again, I was pretty upset. "She never cooked for him!" was one of my comments to my niece.
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

I agree. MR didn't show how Bella was unlike other teenagers. Bella was not shown taking care of Charlie.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

It sucks. It took away the Bella-ness from Bella. I guess thats why Bella in the movie didn't seem like Bella.
I don't know!! *cries*
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

ringswraith wrote:Oh, I agree. Granted, that's how I took it because the first time I saw the movie, I hadn't read the books yet.

Then, after reading Twilight and seeing the movie again, I was pretty upset. "She never cooked for him!" was one of my comments to my niece.

I agree. I wonder why on earth Melissa and Catherine omitted the idea of Bella cooking for Charlie in the movie? Surely they didn't think that referring to Bella cooking or occasionally cleaning would made her character appear weaker or too traditional or something? In the book, Bella's cooking represented a more selfless side to Bella that wasn't reflected well in the movie.

I don't know if you saw the deleted scenes on the DVD, or was it the extended scenes? Anyway, I enjoyed the nice scene between Bella and Charlie in the diner where she mentioned she could cook for him and that she had cooked for Renee. I was disappointed this brief scene was left out of the movie. It would only have taken a couple of extra minutes and it would have highlighted Bella's role as a caregiver for Charlie, and others.

After seeing Twilight the second time, I thought of a brief scene where Bella and Charlie were in the kitchen having a conversation, Charlie was eating, and Bella was very distracted by thoughts of Edward. Bella said something to Charlie like, "Finished?" and carried his empty plate to the sink. My friends and I laughingly referred to that scene as the extent of Bella's cooking and cleaning for Charlie. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ