Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
xx-topaz
Wandering Through Town

Re: Marcus

Post by xx-topaz »

I really think that maybe the Romanians had something to do with Marcus' loss. (The cause for the Volturi to come to the Romanians fortress?)

I am really glad that Caius and Aro have Marcus, but I wonder what brings them together as a threesome. Marcus seems to be the holding character between the other two. Aro and Caius seem to have conflicting ideas and personalities.
About time somebdy scored around here - Emmett Cullen<3
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

I'm not really sure what to think of Marcus to be honest...in my opinion i think the basic fact that he's seen too many of the relationship deals bores him. I mean think about it- it must be like watching a romance movie everyday for 2 millennia (or however old he is...). I also like the idea of his attitude being a result of losing his mate. Hopefully these questions will be answered with SM's guide to Twilight. That'd be really interesting to read...in many ways though Marcus seems the most intimidating to me- due to the fact that nothing phases him... :?

Any of you guys have an actor that you'd like to play Marcus? I've been trying to get a distinct mental image of him- and alot of times if i use an actor it helps haha.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Astralflight
Settled in Forks

Post by Astralflight »

We thought the Romanians led to Marcus losing Didyme.

But Aro actually murdered Didyme (his own little sister) to keep Marcus from leaving the Volturi, since Didyme and Marcus stopped caring about Aro's plans for vampire-world domination. And they planned to go their own way. So Aro killed Didyme since Marcus' gift was more useful, and used Chelsea to keep Marcus loyal. But even Chelsea can't make Marcus show a hint of enthusiasism for the Volturi, since Marcus effectively lost all emotion after losing Didyme.

That really sounds like Edward after he thought that he had lost Bella.

I really think that the Volturi might fall from the inside if Marcus finds out that Aro killed Didyme, because I really think that this information would kill whatever is left of Marcus and drive Marcus insane enough to destroy the Volturi from the inside, since he doesn't need to rampage crazily. And this would really tear up the Volturi.
Anna
Settled in Forks

Post by Anna »

I really used to like Marcus's character. I thought well...he was unbelivably cool :p All this cazy stuff happens and he just looks...bored. Cool guy.

But after what Aro did to him...ah. Poor Marcus. That was extremely cruel of Aro, to destroy his own brother that way. I wonder if Caius knows? I can sympathize with Marcus, knowing how it was for Bella when her and Edward were apart.

I wonder what excuse Aro used to explain Didyme's death. "Ooops, I accidentaly dropped Didyme in a pot of scorching lava, sorry about that Marcus. Now about world domination..."

*shakes head in dissapoitment* Aro, Aro, Aro...

Personally, I think he'd be more than happy if a war broke out and he was killed.
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

Its not really a spoiler, but some info from the Breaking Dawn FAQ on Stephenie Meyers website
StephenieMeyer.com wrote:What happened to Marcus's wife?

Once upon a time, a fairly young vampire (he had only been a vampire for a decade and a half) named Aro changed his young sister Didyme, who had just reached adulthood, into a vampire in order to add her to his growing coven. Aro always wanted power, and because he himself had a potent mind-reading gift, he hoped his biological sister would also be gifted in a way that would help him rise in the vampire world. It turned out that Didyme did have a gift; she carried with her an aura of happiness that affected everyone who came near her. Though it wasn't exactly what he had hoped for, Aro pondered the best ways he could use this gift. Meanwhile, Aro's most trusted partner, Marcus, fell in love with Didyme. This was not unusual; given the way she made people feel, lots of people fell in love with Didyme. The difference was that this time, Didyme fell in love herself. The two of them were tremendously happy. So happy, in fact that, after a while, they no longer cared that much about Aro's plans for domination. After a few centuries, Didyme and Marcus discussed going their own way. Of course, Aro was well aware of their intentions. He was not happy about it, but he pretended to give his blessing. Then he waited for an opportunity to act, and when he knew he would never be found out, he murdered his sister. After all, Marcus's gift was much more useful to him than hers had been. This is not to say that Aro did not truly love his sister; it's just that a key part of his personality is the ability to destroy even what he loves in order to further his ambitions. Marcus never found out that Aro was responsible for Didyme's death. He became an empty man. Aro used Chelsea's gift to keep Marcus loyal to the Volturi, though not even Chelsea's gift could make Marcus show any enthusiasm for it.
I just thought I would post this for those who havent seen it. After reading this I feel I really understand him a lot more and feel heart sorry for him.
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I read the FAQ on Stephenie's website. At first I thought Marcus was Aro's brother, not his ex-brother-in-law. Now I understand where Marcus is coming from. If only he knew the truth of what happened to his wife, then it would get interesting.
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

Yeah, I bet that would be an excellent spin off story
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
Astralflight
Settled in Forks

Post by Astralflight »

If Marcus knew the truth, the Volturi would probably come to an end, considering that Marcus would probably go after Aro and someone would end up burning eventually. And I'm rooting for Marcus to win. That poor guy needs to get revenge.

And Marcus' words don't seem to have much impact in the Volturi. Caius seemed to ignore him when he made his decision, and the guard...didn't seem to care. Let me do a quote from the book itself.
Quoted from Breaking Dawn, page 730 (paperback version)

Marcus lifted his uncaring eyes, seeming to look through us as he voted.

"I see no immediate danger. The child is safe enough for now. We can always reevaluate later. Let us leave in peace." His voice was even fainter than his brothers' feathery sighs.

None of the guard relaxed their ready positions at his disagreeing words. Caius's anticipatory grin did not falter. It was as if Marcus hadn't even spoken at all.
Give the man some respect. I think Aro only keeps Marcus because of his gift, and if Aro had never killed Didyme, who knows what Marcus and Didyme could have been. Maybe...and this is a really big maybe...They would have become more compassionate vampires, and I think Didyme was probably a very sweet vampire, since she probably spread happiness around her all her human life to bring it into her vampire life as a gift. And she might have been a little like Eleazar. And maybe she would have found a way to survive without killing humans, and Marcus would follow her lead if she did.

And he might have become a vegetarian vampire. And a good friend of the Denalis and Carlisle's coven, maybe even joined them against the Volturi when they came for Renesmee.

Now that would have been interesting.
teamswitzerland
Settled in Forks

Post by teamswitzerland »

IDK, i kind of think that Marcus would've been a realy nice person if it were not for Aro.
anyone think the same? or am i weird!? :?
i forgot what i wanted to put for my signature.
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Marcus interested me the most out of the trio b/c he was so mysterious and after I read SM's FAQ he became my favorite.
His story is so sad and so complicated. He also seems like the anti-Caius - it seems like Marcus would choose peace over violence, where as, Caius looks for a reason to fight.

I am really intrigued by Marcus and I hope SM will gives us more about him in her guide book!
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily