1. Do you feel that Rosalie is only motivated by the baby or does she have concern for Bella and her feelings? How do you interpret her actions in this chapter?
I would say she was probably more motivated by the baby, because that's just how we see Rosalie and that's honestly what she was probably thinking, but I don't think she'd completely forgotten Bella. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.
2. The relationship between Jacob and Edward is slowly changing. In what instances do you see those changes taking place?
When they come together to hate the baby, or to hate Rosalie, or to hate anything in general. Any time where they're near each other and angsty, they're becoming closer and close. And also when their concern for Bella brings them together for an instant before they remember they actually don't really like each other.
3. As we are without Bella’s perspective in this chapter, what do you think is going through her mind as she watches Jacob’s interactions with the Cullens and vice versa?
She's probably really happy that Jacob is there and nobody's fighting (not really). And she probably sees Edward and Jacob being able to stand each other and just loves that, I'm sure, feels hope. But I'm sure there's also a little worry in the bakc of her mind because, let's face it, Jacob can be somewhat of a loose cannon when it comes to Edward and vice-versa.
4. What do you think was Sam’s reasoning for sending Jared with Collin, Quil and Paul and emissaries to Jacob? Do you feel that Sam sent the right collalition?
I'm sure Sam thoght it was right not to send Embry, because he thought he would for sure end up joining Jacob, and of course Quil had Claire, so he couldn't very well leave. As for Paul and Jared, I think they were just the strong ones of the group, just in case things got out of hand. And Collin is young, so I'm sure Sam sent him because he couldn't see Jacob hurting him.
5. Do you feel that Jared was convincing in his arguments? Did he make the right arguments to Leah, Seth and Jacob? When Jared was using Sam’s words, what did those words reveal about Sam?
I was angry that Jared brought up Seth and Leah's mom. They were fighting for the greater good of the situation, and to bring up Sue was bad enough, but then to bring up Harry... that was disgusting. I couldn't believe those words even came out of his mouth. The argument for Jacob was just fine... but he went too far in bringing Sue into it. And telling Leah that Sam wanted her back into the group... he knew he was playing with her emotions and he did it anyway. That was dispicable, too. I couldn't wait for him to leave.
6. We have had a moment to see Jacob’s leadership qualities and style compared to Sam’s? How do they differ?
Sam uses his ability to control the group a lot more than Jacob does... Jacob kind of just makes sugguestions and everyone follows them, but Sam uses his alpha thing more. Jake won't make them do anything they don't want to do.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT