Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by dragon-girl »

Is it just me, or can anyone else picture that being said as a stating-the-obvious type thing, like maybe he's got really covered in blood somewhere, and the next line would be 'Well spotted, genius' or something? I know that's not really an ideal situation, and I don't want Wrath to be hurt, but... the brothers almost always seem to be joking around to cheer up a situation.
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

I agree with the wierdness of the hardcover/paperback continuity. However, I do prefer hardcovers so I rather have this one (even though it's double the price =[ )

I can't wait for this book to come out!!! ( I think in the IG she mentioned doing a book on Payne, then JM, then Tohr or some order like that, if I'm not mistaken... I think I'm going to love JM's book because he is incredible. Plus him and Xhex(by the way.. how on earth do you pronounce that?!?!?!??!) are precious. . . in odd ways. hehehe.

dragongirl-
that could be the case. Like I said before, there is so many jokes being thrown around in this book by the brothers that no one can really tell.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I can definitely see the sarcasm to lighten the mood...that is definitely something to Brothers do alot...

I've always pronounced it like "hex"...like a witch put a hex on that house...LOL...sorry for the weird sentence. It's all I could come up with

Thank you Naureen!!
dragon-girl

Post by dragon-girl »

Yeah, I've asked the pronunciation in the past - it's Hex.

Almost all the quotes could be fairly ambiguous - but I think that makes it more interesting for our discussions, that there's so many possibilities.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Yes, "Hex" is the correct pronunciation even though (as we've discussed on the previous thread) the 'h' should be silent since it's the old language but Xhex's name must be the exception to the rule (although I liked pronouncing it as 'S'ex).

The WARDen has said that because of the way that Rehv's book ends, JM's is the next book.

I have this innate feeling that it'll be Payne's book before Tohr...I think Tohr's may be one of the last. I don't know why, but it is just a feeling I get.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I'm with you all in not purchasing the Revh's book right away. I'll order it from my library. I can't see paying that much..not that I don't love the Brothers. :roll:

As for the quote, I think it might be a sarcastic comment. What I wonder is if Beth is near her needing period and if she may be pregnant in Revh's book? I thought the WARDen said something big is suppose to happen to them, but I could be wrong. :?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Wow. A second thread. I wish I could have more time to chat in here. Anyway...

After Lover Avenged is the fallen angel book called Covet. Amazon has a release date of Sept. 29, but don't rely on them fully. Here is a link to the cover.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wvav-uUB1G0/S ... _Covet.jpg

The WARDen has also told us that JM's book title will be Lover Mine. Not so sure about that one, but I'm sure I'll get it after I read the book. All her titles have made sense after I've read the book.
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Alphie-
Thanks for the date.
And I completely agree about the titles. The one I enjoyed most just for the lol-factor was Lover Unbound. hahahhaha. Oh, V.

I am completely extatic for "Lover Mine"!! Ever since we met him in Rhage's book he's been growing on me. I think he's definately like my second fav. (of course that is WAY after Z. ;) )

And finally, I ordered the special signing thing, becuase it was available, plus, why not(?) you know..
But I was soooo not paying super expensive for the earlynext day delivery. Anyone have an estimate as to how long the UPS ground shipping will take? Is that the 5-7 business day thing? (oh gosh!!! I'm going to die. I have to go sit and read it at borders or something if it takes that long!!!)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Alphie glad to see you popping in! Hope all is well.

Yes, JM's book is (per WARDen's site) Lover Mine, the name does give me an ominous feeling. It seems it is going to be known that he is the return of Darius and maybe because he is two people in one body...it symbolizes that. However, with Xhex being half sympath, I think many, even after what happens with Rehv will be still against JM taking Xhex as his mate so it could be related to that. There is so much speculation we can throw at the title. WARDen confirmed that JM's book will be out a year from now.

Today's Quote of the Day:
  • 4/15/09: "Trust me, I'm well familiar with being used." (To Ehlena.)
Just a warning, the WARDen's discussion site is buggy this morning.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
dragon-girl

Post by dragon-girl »

Okay, I think that quote is a serious one.

Actually, I thought it seemed familiar, like something from one of the excerpts - it is.
Here: http://www.jrward.com/books-lav2.html
Quote, for those who might not want the whole excerpt:

She glanced over at him. “I want to be with you but... I don’t know. I feel like I’m using you or-”

“You’re not. Trust me, I’m well familiar with being used. What happens between us here is nothing like that.”

Also, can anyone remember the 'actual' spoiler font? The one that matches the typing to the background colour?