Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by Kachiti »

Have you been to her site and read what she posted?
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Even if you haven't been to her site, her message is posted everywhere! SM has a lot going on right now, I think the leak was just a culmination of all the obstacles she's had to deal with over the past several months. I hope that some time away from the novel and the commotion will bring Stephenie some serenity and maybe, just maybe, she'll find the inspiration to revisit Midnight Sun.

Anyone read the post on SM's site on the music video project?
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Nala
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nala »

you may burn me, but I couldnt resist to read what Stephenie posted on her side, the 12 chapters...and it kills my heart. I felt like a betrayer too, but I was so hooked that I dont regret.

I say:
if it would be almoust finished just one chapter missing and posted like these 12 chapters are, I will wait all my life for the publishing of this book.
I am devoted fan and I wouldnt be avble to resist to buy it like I couldnt resist to read the draft material.
I understand how betrayed she feels, and I havent been in the scene so long. I read somehwere that she now has to argue about emancipation and women self-conceptions and I think OMG how ridiculous and insane this all gets.

these dudes spoils our devotion, our joy with the Twilightuniverse.

so back to the topic I do hope that after while when Stephenie had good and long break from this weird things, she maybe feels inspired again to finish MS.

Hope springs eternal!
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Nala wrote:you may burn me, but I couldnt resist to read what Stephenie posted on her side, the 12 chapters...and it kills my heart. I felt like a betrayer too, but I was so hooked that I dont regret.

I say:
if it would be almoust finished just one chapter missing and posted like these 12 chapters are, I will wait all my life for the publishing of this book.
I am devoted fan and I wouldnt be avble to resist to buy it like I couldnt resist to read the draft material.
I understand how betrayed she feels, and I havent been in the scene so long. I read somehwere that she now has to argue about emancipation and women self-conceptions and I think OMG how ridiculous and insane this all gets.

these dudes spoils our devotion, our joy with the Twilightuniverse.

so back to the topic I do hope that after while when Stephenie had good and long break from this weird things, she maybe feels inspired again to finish MS.

Hope springs eternal!
Don't worry Nala, you aren't the only in this thread to read the 12 chapters that SM posted on her website. I read them and I honestly believe that MS could be the crown jewel of the Twilight series. If and when she does publish this, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
iamle4nne
Settled in Forks

Post by iamle4nne »

I think it'd be really cool if she wrote one on ghosts :)
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

I read the 12 chapters that Stephenie posted on her site and honestly it's my favorite book of the series(which is crazy to think because it's just a draft and only half the story at that!). I really hope she gets over the leak and finishes the story. I understand her frustration and that she feels betrayed.. but don't take it out on the fans. Take a break, work on other things.. but PLEASE come back to it eventually.
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

Despite the fact that Midnight Sun is only a rough draft and contains only 12 chapters, I believe that is an amazing piece of literary work. My single wish concerning this book would be that SM would be kind enough to finish it. I understand why she has put it off and realize that it is her right as an author to do so. She has been quoted in saying that she has the best fans in the world (which being one I completly believe), i hope that her belief in this will let her finish this book; if not wouldn't it be as if she is in some ways punishing these fans for someone's mistakes?? I know that myself and many of my friends would still be eager to buy the published version
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
CullenCrazed
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: Michigan--Wishing I was on somewhere near Edward :)

Post by CullenCrazed »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:Despite the fact that Midnight Sun is only a rough draft and contains only 12 chapters, I believe that is an amazing piece of literary work. My single wish concerning this book would be that SM would be kind enough to finish it. I understand why she has put it off and realize that it is her right as an author to do so. She has been quoted in saying that she has the best fans in the world (which being one I completly believe), i hope that her belief in this will let her finish this book; if not wouldn't it be as if she is in some ways punishing these fans for someone's mistakes?? I know that myself and many of my friends would still be eager to buy the published version
I agree with you in many ways!
Christy
edsbestfriend
Settled in Forks

Post by edsbestfriend »

Firstly i have read the first 2 chapters of midnight sun (legally from stephenies website) and had to stop myself from reading anymore, id much rather read the books.Secondly anyone who released a copy knew it would hurt SM's feelings and obviously aren't real twilighters. Thirdly i would like to defend some people who read an illegal copy i know people who thought SM had allowed this and wouldn't have read iut otherwise.
lune1204
Settled in Forks

Post by lune1204 »

i cant wait for midnight sun! i'm resisting to read breaking dawn beacuse i fear that i may be dissapointed to what will happen. The other reason that i cant read breaking dawn because once i start i cant stop reading . So i hoped that the midnight sun will be published soon. I really thank Stephenie for inspiring me to read books. Thank you so much! :lol: