Dakota Fanning as Jane

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by Ihavemylion »

[quoteTo be completely honest and blunt...I'm just wanting her to get out of my little piece of happiness. I had complete faith in New Moon as a movie and then I feel like they dropped a bomb on my head.
:cry:

I feel like it's tainted now...And Jane is one of my favorite characters.
:x

In fact my problem with Dakota has nothing to do with her acting (which seems ok at the least) but the fact that it's ALWAYS her. I do feel like they need to give others a chance and twilight was that chance for so many members of the cast and it epically bugs me that they brought in the definition of overused child actor.

My personal picks were Abigail Breslin and Jodelle Ferland. (speaking of which I saw Silent Hill the other day and I'm now completely convinced Jodelle would have played Jane like no other. I just have a soft spot for Abigail.) I even would have liked Dakota's sister Elle...[/quote]

I know I just wrote something before, but I agree with you. She is an overused child actor. Shes been in so many movies, and is widley known. Because she is so known shes being advertised in the movie. Jane is a main character in this book, but not as much as several other people. The book isnt about Jane, its about Bella and Edward and Jacob. I really wish they found a good actress that was known yet hidden. Kinda of like Kristen Stewart. And look at Rob Pattinson - hes been in movies but he was never this popular and well known. Twilight opened the doors for him. So why now, bring in someone that everyone knows? and that isnt playing a main role in the book?
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
bemywerewolf
Settled in Forks

Post by bemywerewolf »

I am not sure how she would do too. But we have to positive! I have seen many of her movies and her acting pretty well. It seems she has a natural talent of acting. As Jane, Dakota might fit her apperance wise, but personalility, not sure.Who knows? She might do well.( Fingers crossed)..LOL :D
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Ihavemylion wrote:
I know I just wrote something before, but I agree with you. She is an overused child actor. Shes been in so many movies, and is widley known. Because she is so known shes being advertised in the movie. Jane is a main character in this book, but not as much as several other people. The book isnt about Jane, its about Bella and Edward and Jacob. I really wish they found a good actress that was known yet hidden. Kinda of like Kristen Stewart. And look at Rob Pattinson - hes been in movies but he was never this popular and well known. Twilight opened the doors for him. So why now, bring in someone that everyone knows? and that isnt playing a main role in the book?

You guys could not have put it into words better than you have. I definitely agree. She is an overused child actress. The saga has become so commercialized now from the success of the first movie. I wish that they didn't feel the need to taint it by casting well-known actors to boost ticket sales and stuff..and I hate that all these celebs now want in on the whole Twilight phenom just to cash in.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

All i can say is.... look at my sig!!!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

DumBumm wrote:All i can say is.... look at my sig!!!
OMG!! That is quite possibly the best siggie ever!!! You're awesome.. :lol:
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
OMG!! That is quite possibly the best siggie ever!!! You're awesome.. :lol:
:lol: thanks.
I think it's the truth!
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

OMG! so so so TRUE!!!
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I'm defenitly not a fan of them adding all young celebrities in New Moon. I'd like them to think outside the box and search the best actress/actor for the role. But if I'm honest I think they might did that with the roll of Jane. Dakota is very close to how I always pictures Jane to be. And since it ain't easy to play such a deep character as Jane with a visiual very young age I think they might have to go to a very experienced actress to get the job done.
So I'm ok with Dakota, but please stop there.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I'm defenitly not a fan of them adding all young celebrities in New Moon. I'd like them to think outside the box and search the best actress/actor for the role. But if I'm honest I think they might did that with the roll of Jane. Dakota is very close to how I always pictures Jane to be. And since it ain't easy to play such a deep character as Jane with a visiual very young age I think they might have to go to a very experienced actress to get the job done.
So I'm ok with Dakota, but please stop there.
Yes, I agree with this. Dakota simply IS a good actress. She can pull of creepy roles, if that is where people are afraid off. In Hide and Seek she plays a role and she creeps me out there. I really think she could do a good job. She is a good actress without a doubt, even if it is a publicity stunt, I think it still is about how they act in the film.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I haven't really seen Dakota in anything, so I have no idea if he acting skills are good or not. I think it is weird that they picked someone so well know ... I liked how the other actors weren't as famous!

Maybe she could look creepy, but for me she's too young and sweet looking. Hasn't Jane got brown hair - or was that just me?
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy